Attached objects do not change name in Inventory.
Reported as a bug. -- Whispering Hush
- This is a known issue. It's been known for several years. I don't think it should be fixed. -- Strife Onizuka 11:56, 8 May 2007 (PDT)
I'm going to assert that this was a design decision and not a lava-flowed bug as the article asserts. I don't have anything more than circumstantial evidence to back this up.
Here is the timeline:
- llSetObjectName is one of the core functions (that is to say it was added around during the closed beta, after versions 0.2 (12/16/2002) but before 0.4 (March 2003)), the release notes were pretty crappy back then so information is pretty spotty.
- In 1.7 (end of August 2005) HUD attachments were introduced. This greatly increased the interest in attachments.
- On the LSLWiki StickMan commented 2005-10-07 that the behavior was how it is today.
- Two months later it shows up as a known issue. It's more than likely that StickMan reported the behavior and that's why it showed up then. It stayed on the list for three months (and that list got massive).
- Between the release of llSetObjectName and it being reported as a bug 2 1/2 years passed.