I think How do I use the mouse to look around? should be merged into this article. --Boroondas Gupte 15:45, 8 December 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, this seems to be a good idea. It also looks as if Mouselook would already hold all information offered by "How do I use the mouse to look around?", besides
|While in Mouselook, the left and right arrow key (and A and D keys) will cause your avatar to walk left and right (or "strafe"), instead of turning. In addition, while flying in Mouselook, the Up arrow (or W) will move you in the direction you are facing, while the Down arrow (or S) will move you in the opposite direction. While flying, the PgUp and PgDn keys (or E and C) will move your avatar vertically relative to the direction you are looking. So, if you are looking straight down while flying in Mouselook, PgUp will move you forward (not up) and PgDn will move you backward.
- It furthermore seems to me more up-to-date (since "Show Avatar in Mouselook" isn't hidden away in the advanced menu anymore, but easily accessable via the Edit > Preferences).
- Would you mind performing the merge? -- (talk|contribs) 16:37, 8 December 2009 (UTC)
- Done. This was the first time I've merged MediaWiki articles, so I've followed http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Merging_and_moving_pages#Selective_paste_merger. Looks like we're missing some templates in our installation. (Is there some standard template library for MediaWiki, as there is for C++?)--Boroondas Gupte 23:22, 8 December 2009 (UTC)
- Thx!! :-)
- Hm... I know we got some merge templates burried deep in the wiki (like Template:Merge), though they've hardly been used. Most went via talkpages or maybe with another warning/info box on the page. I think, since we don't have to deal with a comparable amount of editors and readers, it allows us to have less guidelines for that kind of stuff.
- I don't think there's a standart library although the templates used at WikiMedia projects might often be ported to other Wiki's. Also coding and customizing own templates can be much more fun, since they don't need to be installed but can be edited like any other Wiki page. :-)
- -- (talk|contribs) 23:44, 8 December 2009 (UTC)