From Second Life Wiki
"Latest Build" link
The latest build link was changed from one that took you to a page with change information to a simple direct download link. I liked the older link better. The older link I am talking about was: Latest Build
(Preceding unsigned comment was made by SuezanneC Baskerville)
- I've added that link to Template:ViewerDevelopmentInstallers, but the layout looks a bit clumsy now. I'll see if I can get it a bit nicer-looking.
- --Boroondas Gupte 13:32, 5 October 2010 (UTC)
https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Progetto_Snowstorm <- I tried to create the Italian version of this page but I had no luck with the templates, as no "Italian" link appears in the left sidebar of Project Snowstorm. Link to English page appears correctly at Progetto_Snowstorm. Help? --oobscure 22:08, 17 August 2010 (UTC)
- Creating Project Snowstorm/it as a redirect to Progetto Snowstorm made the translation visible. --Boroondas Gupte 23:55, 17 August 2010 (UTC)
Viewer 2 UI?
Is this project only going to use the Viewer 2 UI? Is there any hope of continued development on an official viewer that people can use to get things done? Sayrah Parx 11:32, 18 September 2010 (UTC)
Unofficial Answer: So far as I know, there is no Linden Lab work being done on Version 1.x style viewers. Third part viewers still are porting new features to their viewers, Lee Ponzu 16:44, 18 September 2010 (UTC)
Is there a specific forum for residents to give feedback on the builds?
I ask about a forum rather than here since most residents will read there rather than come here. Especially since this is difficult to add a post too, I accidentally added it to Sayrah's
15:56, 18 September 2010 (UTC) Ravin Draconia
- Although the Open Source Forum isn't only for feedback on builds, it'd definitely be on-topic there. Whether the feedback would be read by the relevant developers when posted there, I don't know. Though, the more feedback is posted there, the higher the chances that developers will check that forum on a regular basis. Alternatively, try the OpenSource-Dev mailing list. (Make sure to be aware of its rules.)
- If you encounter bugs or have specific feature requests or user stories rather than general feedback, please file them on jira, project VWR and don't forget to indicate the version and environment.
- --Boroondas Gupte 16:23, 18 September 2010 (UTC)
- Lee Ponzu 16:48, 18 September 2010 (UTC) I agree with Boroondas. While developers should NOT be reading the forums (they have work to do) there are several resident who do read the forums, and bring up ideas from there in the open-dev mailing list, so the concerns do get across. On the other hand, the developers do NOT have the power to change things. They cannot decide to go back to a Version 1.x style interface, for example.