Talk:SL Volunteer Island/Freebie Store Committee
Welcome to the FSMC discussion page
If you want to leave a comment / start a discussion, please operate as follows:
- Press the edit button on top of the page.
- Scroll down and start a new topic using: == Name of the topic ==
- Write what you want me to know and then sign it with four tildes: ~~~~ (or the signature button ). These will automatically be converted into your username and a timestamp.
- Preview the page and save it if you're comfortable with it. Make sure to click the "Watch this page" button so you got it on your watchlist.
- If you want to answer to a persons posting you can scroll behind the posting, hit enter to start a new line and begin it with a colon. It will be displayed as an intended line then.
- If you want to answer to an answer, please write multiple colons in the beginning of the line.
- Happy editing :-)
We should keep an eye on the stores at SLVEC so some contributions could fit there. For example:
- Gadgets -> some could be placed in the Tools large shop at SLVEC
- Landmarks -> could be placed in the Orientation large shop at SLVEC
- Scripts -> a link to the LSL Library and other scripts at the Scripting large shop at SLVEC
- I agree Zai. It looks like some items may be duplicates of items on SLVEC. Good to keep them in sync if at all possible.Lexie Linden 10:22, 20 June 2008 (PDT)
A mentor has dropped off some items to the Home shop. The items do not have copy/transfer permissions. After talking with Amber, I sent him a IM letting him know what the Fleebie Market is about and how the items permissions need to be set. This points out that we need to have some instructions for placement of items available. Perhaps a notecard giver in a sign at the entrance as well as on a Wiki page.—The preceding unsigned comment was added on 21:43, 11 July 2008 by Jezzie McCellan
- In case the guidelines are short (e.g.: 2 or 3 points) we could have them available as an inworld texture displayed on a sign. This would be in addition to a wiki page explaining the purpose of the Fleebie Market. From my point of view, the best spot for such a page would be SL Volunteer Island/Fleebie Market or simply a paragraph in the SL Volunteer Island article. Suggested guidelines should involve the permission problem mentioned by Jezzie as well as how and where to store the items. Explaining that any item needs either a picture or a detailed description on it's box and that it should be put in the right category as well as in the showbox. --Zai Lynch(talk|contribs) 15:00, 11 July 2008 (PDT)
A short explanation on why I suggested to set the land to the Apprentice Mentor group with a new group role in order to maintain it (link).
- There is no other land set to the group (as far as I know) so janitors in this group won't be able to do any "harm" elsewhere.
- Apprentice Mentors can't enter the SLVI sims anyway.
- Every current committee member is also a member of the Apprentice Mentor group, so no one would need to join a new group.
It's just a suggestion in case VTeam decides to let committee members maintain the store. It's not a statement if whether or not this would be a good idea (^_^)
--Zai Lynch(talk|contribs) 21:58, 2 July 2008 (PDT)