Talk:Viewer Authentication FAQ
From Second Life Wiki
|This is a talk page. Please sign comments you leave here by putting four tildes (~~~~) at the end of your comment. For more guidelines, see Talk Page Guidelines.|
New questions to add
Please add new questions, and sign them using "~~~~":
- Is the Second Life hand logo teal or aqua?
- Who/Where is the public task team to organize OpenID?
- Good Q: Dzonatas Sol 18:57, 2 October 2007 (PDT)
- Is the intent to add a CAPTCHA within the viewer logon to prevent automated dictionary password attacks? If so, couldn't this be implemented by locking the account for in world logons after say 3 incorrect attempts in a row, and if the account is so locked direct the user to the web site account pages to unlock the account (unlocking the acoount could involve a CAPTCHA and other validation steps such as checking date of birth etc.)?
- Good Q: Matthew Dowd 01:48, 3 October 2007 (PDT)
- If I'm gullible enough to download and run a malicious third-party viewer, what difference does it make whether I'm securely logged in or not?
- Good Q: Mm Alder 10:23, 3 October 2007 (PDT)
Please, no inline discussion above. Use the space below for discussion of any of the points above. -- Rob Linden 15:22, 2 October 2007 (PDT)