From Second Life Wiki
(Redirected from Torley Linden)
Stuff I've done, in somewhat arbitrary order:
- As Senior Multimedia Producer, beyond Second Life as we expand into other shared creative spaces, filmed and edited various video trailers and tutorials for all of our products including: Patterns, Creatorverse, Dio, Versu, Blocksworld, and Desura. One of my other lives contributed music. ;)
- Composing new music for Blocksworld, which you can hear in the Blocksworld trailers I did.
- With team help, made all Second Life 2013 and 2014 feature highlight videos including our expansion into virtual reality with Oculus Rift Support.
- Also been teaming up with Cox Linden for the Patterns gameplay update vids.
- As Resident Enlightenment Manager, made hundreds of Second Life video tutorials & promos which've gotten millions of views. Finished a new series of QuickTips. Did this trailer (yes, that is all actual inworld footage). Visit our YouTube channel and subscribe!
- Made guides on making movies, taking snapshots, etc. which have helped thousands of Residents (many of which personally told me... thank you!).
- Pioneered inworld photography techniques.
- Various artwork and design for official SL branding stuff, including login screens and Marketplace banner art. It's hard to stay away from neon watermelon colors. I try.
- Added lots of photogenic places to the Destination Guide.
- Trivia: I've popularized usage of ways to do things in Second Life, like inventory-sorting and machinima-filming. I've also popularized numerous Second Life terms, including "Resi", "flexiprim", and "facelight". (But not "landbot". :p)
- These are some of my free textures, also available at Torley island in Second Life. (If you're looking for a groovy texture creation tool, I'd totally recommend Filter Forge.)
- Frequently posted on numerous generations of our forums to answer questions and debunk myths.
- Contributed a lot to the Official Second Life Blogs, with 250+ posts made. Lots of Tips & Tricks!
- Was a highly active prime architect and lead contributor on this Wiki, with 5+ million views on pages I've started or substantially edited. I can still help when needed, but my focus has changed over time. You can see every edit I've made here.
- Was on the Documentation Team. I've also been on various incarnations of community-facing teams and I've worked on product management/development, quality assurance, user interface design, and so on. (I've never formally worked in marketing, but some Resis erroneously call me "Linden Lab PR". I'm just around a lot.)
- Wrote a lot of SL Viewer Help's previous generations.
- In 2009, I mined our info-pages for Message of The Day tips & promo links.
- Have been known to wax philosophical and positively motivate others. Emphasizing how Second Life can improve your First Life is definitely a fave topic.
- Share share share... my favorite things to do in SL.
^ Old archives.