User:SignpostMarv Martin/Sandbox/Voting proposal
From Second Life Wiki
Inspired by the vote-links Microformat, I'm suggesting that voting for proposals on the wiki be done in the following format:
- Create, or otherwise reserve 3 articles within your user-space
- When you come across a proposal, add a wiki link to it on the relevant page.
- This frees up the talk page to discussion about the proposal
- This makes it easier to reduce fraudulent voting (editing other's votes on a page, then attempting to bury them)
- This makes it easier to verify voting, as the only edits in those 3 articles should be performed by the person making the vote, with no exceptions
- Results of a vote can be viewed by accessing the Special:Whatlinkshere page for the proposal, and tallying the votes.
If you have any additional pros/cons, please sign them when adding them.
User-space based voting
- Combats fraud
- Keeps talk page to just discussion about a proposal rather than a series of Seconded, Against comments.
- Allows people to pass a quick vote without having to read through the discussion
- A person can change their vote without having to alter the edit history of an article.
- Ballot counting would involve reading through the "what links here" page (ZOMG DEMOCRACY :-D)
Category based voting
- MediaWiki does the counting
- Database spam