User talk:George Linden
tips for things to add
- Departmental categories- if you're in a role or department at Linden Lab that you're not already listed in, please add it by following the instructions in Template:llEmployee.
- Consider adding the Second Life hCard template to your profile. It's not working properly on this Wiki just yet, but you can see how it works on the SL History Wiki
- Consider adding the Second Life status template to your profile if you want to show people when you're online. While we're waiting for remote images to be enabled, since you're a Liaison you may wish to post your in-world office hours.
I'll be happy to provide any help you might need with regards to wiki-syntax :-)
SignpostMarv Martin 15:25, 12 January 2007 (PST)
I've noticed you've been editing this article a lot, but there's information that conflicts with Office Hours.
Are these hours different from each other ?
SignpostMarv Martin 12:48, 19 August 2007 (PDT)
apprentice buddy / buddy apprentice / role name confusion
Heya George! I just saw that the name of the new role was changed from Buddy Apprentice to Apprentice Buddy because of a suggestion about consistency from Juko over here. So I can understand that it looks better to have Mentor Buddy and Apprentice Buddy. But you could also understand it the other way around. Like Apprentice Mentor and Mentor. So an Apprentice Buddy could be someone who is applying for the Buddy role but not yet taken. I suggested to have a different name (again *sorry*) for this, that doesn't interfere with other role names. Something like Shadowing Buddy for example. I don't know of a better name yet but I think that the current name would cause confusion. Thx for takin' the time to read this and have a nice day =) --Zai Lynch 15:53, 13 March 2008 (PDT)
- If the point of an Apprentice Buddy is to help train a Buddy, why not just say 'Buddy Trainer ?
- SignpostMarv Martin 07:33, 30 March 2008 (PDT)
- Oh the goal wouldn't be to train a Buddy but to train an Apprentice Mentor. So Apprentice Trainer would fit then.--Zai Lynch 09:37, 30 March 2008 (PDT)
Think for now we're going to leave it as Apprentice Buddy to avoid confusion, and maybe somewhere down the road create more options for the naming. Right now the consistency of Coaches > Orientation Coaches and Buddies > Apprentice Buddies seems to make sense. -George
- OK, thx for the reply =)
- Just a sidenote on linking since I saw that you're using pipes for external links as well: These aren't required and in fact (might) break the link. The survey monkey links worked with the pipe as well, but others might not do that. So if you like to link an external site, please use [http://www.domain.com DESCRIPTION] without a pipe | between the domain and the description. These are only needed for wiki internal links, since those can have spaces what external links don't have. So the embedded parser needs to know where to stop parsing. If you add them to an external link, the pipe will become part of the link itself and therefor link to a (most probably) non-existing page. Don't want to sound smart-alec, tho... Just thought it might be helpful. Hope you got a relaxed week-end :-) Cya, --Zai Lynch 21:04, 4 April 2008 (PDT)
Thanks for the advice! -George
Introduction to Endorsed Resident Help Groups
I stripped the VTeam category off your profile as I did with Blue and as I'm goin' to with Amber, so the category stays up to date... Travel save, enjoy your new focus and don't forget us.
Greetz, Lynch (talk|contribs) 16:32, 31 January 2009 (UTC)