User talk:Glenn Linden/Meeting Schedule
Missleading title and missing informations
The topic of this article is highly missleading. A user searching for this topic might intend to find one of the following articles:
- Office Hours
- Monthly Mentor Meetings and Events Schedule
- Open Source Meeting
- Meetings of the Architecture Working Group
- a meeting schedule of all inworld meetings
SignpostMarv Martin moved this article to Virtual World Conference Meeting Schedule (which is a fitting title IMHO). I don't know why it was moved back.
In addition: While it might be obviouse for the creator of this article, a user stumbleing upon it won't know what this schedule is about. So even after moving it, some further information about this meetings might be useful. For example a link to a more detailed description about the topic of these meetings and maybe an application form on how to take part or something similar.
I would suggest to
- move this article back to Virtual World Conference Meeting Schedule
- add additional informations about the Virtual World Conference Meeting
- revise the Meeting Schedule article that way, that it lists links to all SL-related meeting schedules (inworld and RL)
- Since the article name of "Meeting Schedule" is incredibly ambiguous, and User:Glenn Linden failed to give sufficient reason in the edit history as to why the move was reverted, I've re-instated the move.
- SignpostMarv Martin 12:35, 13 April 2008 (PDT)
- I've put some content on the redirect page so that it points people in reasonable directions. I hope that this is the end this little escapade. -- Strife Onizuka 11:03, 14 April 2008 (PDT)
Hello - you may have found this misleading, but I'm using this as a public page to enable people to schedule meetings at various events. I sent out emails pointing to the title; by moving the page, you've caused people to not be able to schedule with me. When I finish this event, I'll retitle it with my name in the title to remove the ambiguity. Glenn Linden 14:19, 14 April 2008 (PDT)
- MediaWiki honors page moves by redirecting old links to new documents, so by moving the page, people would still be able to find the schedule.
- Since this article is specific to yourself, should it not go into User:Glen Linden/Meeting Schedule- especially considering the philosophy of "user pages in user spaces" ?
- SignpostMarv Martin 02:34, 15 April 2008 (PDT)