User talk:Melina Loonie
Helpful hints re: your recent edits:
- Consider using Template:skills
- Adding Contributor sections to articles is superfluous, as MediaWiki maintains the list of contributors via the History page of each article
- Adding (what is presumably) a contributions section to your user page is superfluous, as you can direct people to Special:Contributions/Melina Loonie
- Semantically speaking, you're not a Category:Private Estates- if categorising yourself under the Private Estate category was in error, prefix category wiki links with a colon, e.g. [[:Category:Private Estates]]
- SignpostMarv Martin 01:29, 31 December 2007 (PST)
What you really can see in a contribution section is who added valuable information to the page. In the history you can see whoever changed anything. I don't feel that your deletion of the contribution section (which is ok to me) is really a contribution. ;-) But this is just my point of view.
Regarding the Skill-Template, I don't have a clue how I could use it for my two mentioned skills.
BTW: Am I allowed to create pages that are only meant to be included as sections into other pages?
Happy New Year! Melina Loonie 08:49, 31 December 2007 (PST)
- The size of a Resident's contribution can be estimated (albeit poorly) based on the article size difference over several edits
- What constitutes a 'major' contribution to an article hasn't been established
- The presence of such a section can lead to elitism or a false sense of authority over the contents of an article
- I've added a few extra options to the template- you would likely use:
- Including articles as sections
- The best way to do this is to create the section as either:
- SignpostMarv Martin 12:04, 31 December 2007 (PST)
I noticed you're working on quite a few articles for Second Life regions- thought you might find Template:sw.slr handy.
- SignpostMarv Martin 01:50, 7 March 2008 (PST)