User talk:Pandora Igaly
Hello, it's Pani here. Talk to me if you want. :p
I saw your translations in the recent changes and wanted to ask if you could help with a translation of the terms listed in this list to traditional Chinese. They are used to provide localized versions of the Help Header, as well as the related categories and Breadcrumbs. Would you mind having a look at it?
Btw: Thank you for your contributions! I think you're even the only linguist around who's able to translate in traditional Chinese. So any addition is highly appreciated!
Greetz =) Lynch (talk|contribs) 02:26, 17 February 2009 (UTC)
Thank you, I'm glad you like my works. ^_______^
I just finished translating the terms in this list. However, I think there is a mistake in this list.
- NavTutorials -
- Viewerigation -
I've checked the list of other languages, and found these 2 terms in tradition chinese are inconsistent with them in other languages. It should be "*Navigation -", right?
^_________^ Pandora Igaly 03:34, 17 February 2009 (UTC)
- lol... viewerigation... Yes that seems to be a misstake (^_^); It should be Navigation, Viewer and Tutorials. Looks like my copy&paste skills aren't that good :-P
- Thanks for providing the translations! I'm currently just heading to bed but will create the derived templates and categories tomorrow so they can be used. TYVM!
- In case you like to connect to other linguists: We got an inworld group called Mentor Linguists, a mailing list as well as monthly meetings (every second Wednesday in a month). I'd be happy to send you an invitation if you like :-) Also, you can add your name to the table of editors offering help for other linguists who aren't familiar with Wiki editing but who'd like to help with translations. It looks like you're already well-versed in the materia.
- Thank you again and have a great day ^_^
- Greetz, Lynch (talk|contribs) 04:25, 17 February 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks, Zai. ^_______^ I'd love to join Mentor Linguists group and mailing list. But I'm afraid I can't attend the monthly meeting, because noon SLT is my bed time. :p
- And I think I better not add my name to that table of helping people with wiki, because it's my first time trying to edit wiki yesterday. :p I'll add myself after I get more familiar with wiki. Thanks for the offering.
- ^_____^ Pandora Igaly 07:35, 17 February 2009 (UTC)
- Wow, when these are your first edits in a Wiki, then you're learning really really fast! *impressed* ^_^
- In case you stumble about any difficulties with Wiki editing, feel free to poke me with it anytime! I'll try to help out when I know the answer ^^
- We also got a video tutorial on how to provide translations for the SL Wiki @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOHgnwaONVg, as well as language guidelines at Project:Languages and a Quickie Wiki Intro.
- I localized Template:Help/zh-Hant and the related templates & categories, using your terms and included it in the already translated pages. Can you translate the term Main Page and move the localized main page there? (Like Help Portal/zh-Hant is now located at 說明入口網站) We can then add the breadcrumbs :-)
- I'll send you an invite to the group the very minute I log in for the next time ^^ Attending at meetings isn't mandatory and I see it more as a social event to meet each other at least once a month :-) So no worries that you'd miss something. Transcripts of meetings will also always be stored in the Wiki.
- TY for all the great help!
- Lynch (talk|contribs) 12:53, 17 February 2009 (UTC)
- Hi Zai,
- ^________^ Pandora Igaly 13:39, 17 February 2009 (UTC)
- Oh that's no problem :-) Don't worry about it.
- Regular users can't delete pages (although we can request a deletion with Template:Delete). But Rob Linden said that redirects would be the better solution in general. So deletion might only be useful for pages that got copyright problems or which are for other reasons against the ToS or CS.
- Greetz, Lynch (talk|contribs) 14:24, 17 February 2009 (UTC)
Thanks, Zai. :) I'm back, and hope I don't need to leave again. XD
I really hate to work whenever I'm awake. T______T
-- Pandora Igaly 09:20, 16 June 2009 (UTC)