User talk:Zai Lynch/SLeek at Ubuntu
Welcome to the SLeek at Ubuntu discussion page =)
If you want to leave a comment / start a discussion, please operate as follows:
- Press the edit button on top of the page.
- Scroll down and start a new topic using: == Name of the topic ==
- Write what you want me to know and then sign it with four tildes: ~~~~ (or the signature button ). These will automatically be converted into your username and a timestamp.
- Preview the page and save it if you're comfortable with it. Make sure to click the "Watch this page" button 'cause i'll answer your question / discuss your topic in here so everyone can follow the discussion and don't have to click from one talk page to the next to be able to keep track.
- If you want to answer to a persons posting you can scroll behind the posting, hit enter to start a new line and begin it with a colon. It will be displayed as an intended line then.
- If you want to answer to an answer, please write multiple colons in the beginning of the line.
- Happy editing :-)
Worked pretty well for me
Worked pretty well for me under Ubuntu amnd64 7.04 and 7.10.
Had to uninstall mono and monodevelop from repositiory, and tomboy and f-spot
Could not run the latest SLeek (gives some sort of error about "flash:), but SLeek-20070905.zip works just fine
monodevelop just won't re-install—The preceding unsigned comment was added on 21:15, 5 March 2008 by Wakawaka Snook
- Oh sorry, totally missed the comment. So yeah, I used SLeek-20070905.zip as well but it's really unstable at my computer(s)... :-/ Zai Lynch 10:40, 1 April 2008 (PDT)
Tested with Gentoo
Installed and working under Gentoo on two different systems. Gentoo/portage users will need to add ">=dev-lang/mono-1.9" and ">=dev-dotnet/libgdiplus-1.9" to /etc/portage/package.keywords before emerging the packages. Current stable mono under Portage is older and won't run SLeek. I have found a few bugs, like it not quite shutting down sometimes, but SLeek works about as well under mono/Linux as it does under .NET/Windows.
Tested on Gentoo: Linux 2.6.18-gentoo-r6 and 2.6.25-gentoo-r8
Seana Kawanishi 23:42, 28 October 2008 (UTC)