Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 02:52, 9 March 2023 by Gwyneth Llewelyn (Linden Lab moved from BitBucket to GitHub; this is the updated link.)
The viewer (and other client applications) can request capabilities from the simulators to gain access to certain features.
- Map from public URL to private URL
- Cap set
<map> <key>Asset upload</key> <uri>URI1</uri> <key>Seed capability</key> <uri>URI2</uri> </map>
- Viewer knows public URL
- Internally, backbone stores both public and private URL
Flow for getting capabilities
- Viewer contacts login server requesting a particular capability
- Login server contacts sim
- Sim contacts backbone, sending a private uri corresponding to an action or service
- Backbone generates and returns a public uri corresponding to the private uri
- Do not rely on the form of a capability, other than it must be or . Capabilities from the same source needn't point to the same host or port, and the path needn't start .
- To get a list of the capabilities that the latest Second Life client is requesting, use this command:
curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/secondlife/viewer/contribute/indra/newview/llviewerregion.cpp | grep 'capabilityNames.append' | sed -E 's/(.*)"([[:alnum:]]+)"(.*)/\2/g'
- Some of the capabilities are listed on Current Sim Capabilities.
- Linden Lab moved from BitBucket to GitHub; this is the updated link.