Difference between revisions of "LSL HTTP server/beta"
Latest revision as of 12:45, 5 November 2009
[Update, 30 April 09] The HTTP-in code is in trunk and slated for release with Server 1.27. The http-in sandbox regions will remain on aditi until the first 1.27 server is branched from trunk and deployed to all of aditi for testing. This will likely happen in May, with 1.27 deployed to agni in June.
[Update, 6 Feb 09] We still haven't acquired the merge lock, but Kelly did a new branch off of trunk anyway and Prospero has graciously redeployed http-in to select aditi regions. The http-in sandboxes mentioned below are back online.
[Update, 23 Jan 09] I'd like to thank everyone who participated in this beta. Thanks to your help with testing all the edges and corners of the http-in functionality we passed QA's integration testing. Http-in is now awaiting the lock to merge into trunk, hopefully for the 1.26 server version. The http-in beta sandbox regions are likely to go down for several days until we actually acquire the lock. At that time we'll redeploy the merged version for final testing.
- Aditi, the preview grid. Regions are named "Http In Sandbox n" where n is 1,2, or 3.
- What viewer should I use?
- Use a mono-compatible main grid viewer (version 1.21 or later), and have it log you into aditi. Shift-control-g at the login screen brings up the grid select dropdown. Aditi = preview grid, Agni = main grid.
- But the viewer won't know about the new functions
- When using a Mono-enabled viewer, all compilation is done server side. So make sure you are using a mono-enabled viewer and you will be able to compile a script with the new functions as long as you are in one of the http-in sandboxes. You do not need to have "Mono" checked (see this forum thread).
- How do I report bugs?
- Check this meta JIRA - . Existing issues for http-in are linked. Check the open issues to see if your bug is already listed. If so, consider commenting on that issue to add any insights you have. If not, create a new issue. Make sure you:
- JIRA should be SVC
- Title should start "http-in:"
- Component "Scripts"
- Affects version is unimportant
- Please include a minimal repro of the bug. Pare down the code to the minimum necessary to exhibit the issue.
- Link your issue "Relates to" SVC-3238
- What if I have questions?
- Several resources are available
- Use the discussion tab for this page to ask questions about the beta
- If you are a member of email@example.com you can post a question.
- Or try asking on the second life lsl forum.
- I (Periapse Linden) hold an office hour on Fridays at 3pm. Location is Beaumont, eastern edge, under the hill with the observatory dome.
- What about Teen Grid residents?
- Teen grid residents are welcome to participate in this beta. Log in to aditi with the appropriate viewer (see above). Teleport to "Http In Sandbox Teen".