Linden Lab Official:Linden Dream Home Sweepstakes
This article is obsolete, but kept as a historical record. Do not rely on this information in any way. However, it may be used in the future, so please do not delete or modify.
Linden Dream Home Sweepstakes
Starting on May 2, you can enter to win a fabulous dream home in Second Life! Situated on a landscaped double plot, this Meadowbrook-style Linden Home offers a luxurious lifestyle for one lucky Second Life Resident! Boasting an open floor plan, seaside views, and a sparkling pool just steps away from the property, this home and a Premium Second Life account could be yours for an entire year!
A spacious Grayson Linden Home on a double parcel (1024 m2 total) with 234 prims Free Premium membership for one year, which includes the L$300 weekly stipend and extended support services A L$5,000 furnishing bonus so you can decorate your home and garden parcel in style Convenient location next to a fabulous pool and deck: Perfect for outdoor entertaining
Check out the blog announcement and the legal fine print below for more details.
- Linden Dream Home Sweepstakes starts at 10:00 a.m. SLT on Monday, May 2, 2011 and ends on Monday, May 16, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. SLT.
- To enter, Residents must complete the Land Survey beginning at 10:00 a.m. SLT on Monday, May 2, 2011 and ending on Monday, May 16, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. SLT.
- The winner will be randomly selected on Tuesday, May 17, 2011 and notified by Wednesday, May 18, 2011. The selected winner has two (2) days to respond to the notification. If the winner does not respond within two (2) days, another winner will be randomly selected and notified with two (2) days to respond. And so on. So be sure to check your inworld messages and email so you don’t miss your chance!
Sweepstakes Legal Fine Print
- Eligibility. Contest is open to all Second Life® Residents (“Residents”) in good standing, 18 and older as of the start of the Contest. Residents of embargoed countries, countries where such contests are not legal or where access to the Second Life world has been blocked or disabled, as well as Employees and affiliates of Linden Research, Inc. ("Linden Lab"), and their families are not eligible to participate. Contest void where prohibited. Subject to all international, federal, state and local laws. No purchase is necessary to enter and win.
- How to Enter. Between the hours of 10:00 a.m. PST on Monday, May 2 and 10:00 a.m. PST Monday, May 16 complete the following Land Survey. You must complete the survey to be eligible to win.
- Prizes. L$5,000 furnishing bonus plus Premium membership and a Linden Home on one 1024 m2 parcel on Linden-owned land with a Moderate maturity rating for one full year from 12:00 a.m. PST (midnight) Wednesday, May 25, 2011 to 12:00 a.m. PST (midnight) May 25, 2012. The Linden Home and surrounding land is non-transferable. All rules and restrictions for Linden Homes apply to this prize (See “Linden Home Covenant”).
- Prize distribution: Linden Lab will notify winner by mail, inworld, or email of procedures for redeeming prize. The prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be exchanged for cash or credit. Linden Home and land cannot be subdivided or sold. Winners who do not wish to accept the prize as offered may opt to forfeit the prize. There will be no substitutions. The winner will be notified on May 18, 2011 and will have two (2) days to respond. If the winner does not comply in that time period, another winner will be chosen and notified with two (2) days to respond.
- All applicable federal, state, and local tax laws apply and winners are responsible for paying their own taxes. For winners who are legal residents of the United States, the Internal Revenue Service ("IRS") requires Form 1099-MISC to be issued and filed with the IRS for each recipient of a prize who is a resident of the United States if the value of that prize is at least $600. Reporting and payment of any applicable federal, state, and local taxes is the sole responsibility of prize winner. The approximate retail value: $92.00 USD.
- By submitting an entry, entrant grants Linden Lab a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license to use his/her name, avatar, voice, and likeness, and any materials submitted by entrant to Linden Lab, in connection with this Sweepstakes, and entrants waive any and all claims and/or rights to receive any royalties or other compensation for the Linden Lab's use thereof, unless prohibited by law. Winners may be required to complete, sign, notarize and return an affidavit of eligibility/liability release and a publicity release, which must be returned, properly executed, within five (5) days of issuance of prize notification.
- All prizes are subject to the Second Life Terms of Service and Second Life Community Standards. Any violation of the Second Life Terms of Service or Second Life Community Standards, or use of the Linden-owned land in a manner that violates or facilitates the violation of the Second Life Terms of Service or Second Life Community Standards may result in the forfeiture of the prize, at any time.