Release Notes/Second Life Release Candidate/1.19.1
< Release Notes | Second Life Release CandidateJump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 09:32, 28 August 2008 by Ramzi Linden (talk | contribs) (moved to new category)
Release Notes for Second Life 1.19.1(4) March 28th, 2008
- Fixed a bug causing the viewer to update the wrong parcel.
- SEC-42: Do not log contents of arguments.txt.
- revert name of "Local Chat(history)" tab to "Local Chat"
- Removed confusing "Start in Push-to-Talk mode" preference.
- JA, KO, DE localizations are truncated on Preferences>Graphics tab> Run in a window descriptor
- commit JA,KO,DE localization changes to accommodate truncations
- <Ctrl> + <apple>+"D" crashes mac client (Updated llmozlib)
Release Notes for Second Life 1.19.1(3) March 26th, 2008
Changes and fixes:
- VWR-4125: Duplicate names in XUI files make some translated UI texts to show inappropriately
- VWR-2273: View menu > Instant Message should be changed to "Communicate"
- VWR-1722: Profiles are editable in two places (including Search browser)
- Fixed list of names in Friends List showing (Waiting)
- Help menus have been combined
- Clean up the Client and Server menu user interface: ctrl-alt-D now toggles the 'Advanced' menu, requesting god status does not display the 'Admin' menu
- Place Information is hidden behind the tool bar when opened from Second Life Help
- Fixed: bulk upload of a single file (on Windows) includes the path in the item name and description
- "Mute" button on script permission dialogs closes all dialogs from the sender
- Changing viewer language selection doesn't bring up a localized F1 Help in French, Spanish
- Translated camera controls +64 in both directions.
- localized versions of panel_login.xml (incorrectly) override the splash page url set in en-us
- XML resizing in \xui\en-us to accommodate localization lengths
Release Notes for Second Life 1.19.1(2) March 19th, 2008
Changes and fixes:
- Fix for crash in LLViewerPartGroup::updateParticles
- VWR-5372 Specific Search (People, Places, etc) queries are modified and words less then 3 characters are removed. Now allow searches for resident names of 2 characters, and place/group names containing 1 char words.
- VWR-5517: Search failure dialog doesn't fill in [FINAL SEARCH].
- Updated help text for llGiveInventoryList.
- Notecards crash users when passed from person to person
- Add "getting data" progress display to buy currency dialog.
- Raw SVG doesn't render correctly on a parcel media prim
- First use media present enabling dialog doesnt show
- Feature table and gpu table changes to help with lenovo.
- Open in My Web Browser" doesn't work if the page failed to load
- VWR-2628: Fix for crash in operator*(LLVector3 const&, LLQuaternion const&) / LL ...
- VWR-2682: Possible crash fix when accessing dead cubemap
- About land > Access doesnt look correct at the minimum window size
- Crash: linux regression - 'Error parsing skeleton XML file'
- VWR-1852: Edit Manipulators have Wrong Orientation with Local Ruler Mode on Linked Objects
- Notecards/Texture windows don't open completely when opened from inventory
- VWR-4963: Group archive freezes viewer
- SL Viewer's Client Memory Tool is missing
- Fix for terrain culling to patch 1.19.0
- VWR-5499: Fix for Crash on Mac when looking with option-E
- Fix for Crash in VLLVolume::unref
- Fix for Crash in LLVertexBuffer::destroyGLBuffer
- Fix for white areas on lenovo with ATI FireGL 5200
- Unauthorised users could gain access to an SL account after a real user had uninstalled.
- Mac autoupdater was failing. Now uses /tmp instead of asking the OS for what tmpdir to use.
- DEV-12125 floater_media_browser.xml was not getting localized
- Out of date Portuguese localization files wound cause a crash; removed.
Open Source fixes:
- VWR-5519 - Errors in lltimer.h while compiling llmediaimplquicktime
- VWR-5323 - Probable fixes for gcc-4.1 problems.
- VWR-5515 - OpenSSL required on MS Windows now
- VWR-5519 - Errors in lltimer.h while compiling llmediaimplquicktime
- VWR-5460: llmozlib2 is missing from 184.108.40.206 source distribution (Macintosh library bundle)
Release Notes for Second Life 1.19.1(1) March 12th, 2008
Changes and fixes:
- VWR-5479: The option "Save Texture As" from File menu is not active in 1.19.1 (0) (Second Life Release Candidate)
- VWR-5087: Attach To... from inventory ignores selected postion and attaches to stored location.
- VWR-4899: Windlight Particle System - burst severely weakened
- crash when quitting from login screen
- SVC-1764: Setting parcel media for a single agent is broken with new media functionality ( PARCEL_MEDIA_COMMAND_AGENT broken)
- Scripted object for playing movies no longer functions under 1-19-1
- FireGL and Quadros no longer show 'unsupported' dialog
- Crash: 'Error parsing skeleton XML file'
- Crash when opening the expanded media control
- VWR-4959: WindLight: "Sculpted Prim" preview makes a huge distorted mess of polygons
- Propagate client language setting into search URL
Release Notes for Second Life 1.19.1(0) March 6th, 2008
New features and changes:
- Physically accurate atmospheric rendering and lighting (previously code named WindLight)
- Animateable day cycles
- Vastly improved realistic water with reflections and glimmer
- "Glow" as new object attribute
- Avatar Impostoring, which can speed up crowded scenes tremendously
- A new cleaned-up, easy to use Graphics Preferences tab with simple and advanced options for performance/quality settings
- Additional rendering optimizations:
- Faster, more reliable occlusion culling - occluded regions are discovered instantaneously, eliminating random bad frames due to the camera moving too quickly
- No geometry transform overhead on region crossing - results in region crossings being slightly smoother
- Faster frustum culling - less time is spent determining what's visible, thus giving better overall framerates
- No copy-to-texture for ripple water - objects under water are rendered to texture at half resolution, resulting in better overall framerates
- Faster sky updates - the non-WindLight (aka no-shader) skies update quicker - even faster than the pre-WindLight skies!
- Single pass shiny when using shaders - making an object shiny will no longer require it to be rendered twice, which results in virtually free shiny functionality from a performance standpoint
- Single pass terrain when using shaders - the terrain is no longer drawn in two passes, which, from a performance standpoint, results in virtually free high detail terrain for shader friendly cards (See the System Recommendations at http://secondlife.com/corporate/sysreqs.php)
- Improved object update code (less work for the CPU) - attachments are no longer added to the active list, which improves performance in crowded areas
- Better scheduling of Avatar LOD (Level of Detail) updates - Avatar LOD is now calculated every 16 frames as opposed to every single frame, which removes redundant work
- Better Avatar culling through more accurate bounding boxes - Avatar bounding boxes now match their current animation, resulting in more optimized culling of avatars that are not visible in the frame
- Better tree rendering (70% fewer matrix operations, no reliance on GL matrix stack) - results in improved performance for tree rendering
- Trimmed unused state in LLDrawable, LLSpatialGroup, LLOctree, and LLFace - results in memory savings
- 16-bit index buffers are now used instead of 32-bit buffers - improves memory bandwidth for rendering geometry
- For more information, see: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/WindLight
- Known Issue:
- VWR-1749: Second Life viewer client freezes on MacBook Pro
- Parcel Media - adds the ability to display Web based media on a parcel
- New API for Media Rendering
- Enables Web content inworld
- Added two new click actions, one for playing movies, and one for opening media
- Embedded web browser
- Added support for Media resizing
- Estate-Level Abuse Reporting
- Estate owners and managers now have the ability (under World > Region/Estate) to enter an email address where abuse reports will be sent.
- If this address is empty, abuse reports will go to Linden Lab as usual. If the address is present, the abuse reports will be sent there instead. In both cases, all abuse reports are logged by Linden Lab.
- Voice changes
- Changed the default voice volume to be a bit higher, to better match the volume of in-world sounds
- Changed the voice volume slider to default to the middle of its range, so voice volume can be boosted above the default
- Improved Linux Voice support
- Better support for USB headsets and other devices
- Better voice audio quality
- VWR-434: HUD textures are attaching but not being seen
- bumpmapping flips on active objects
- Fixed various Teleport and Show on Map bugs
- VWR-2030: Avatar only turns half-way in Appearance Mode
- VWR-2920: Sculptie LOD causes object to be deformed into a flattened sphere close while correct far
- VWR-2164: Particle Alpha transition is done incorrectly
- VWR-1609: disabling "Show Selection Beam" makes beam render incorrectly for others
- VWR-2834: Builds fail on 220.127.116.11 with no mozlib
- More Help Buttons in Graphics Preferences
- VWR-983: Particles -> Offscreen/hidden particles get extended life -> as of 1.16.x at least.
- (Linux) Working device enumeration A.K.A. USB headset support
- Linux Voice quality issues in 1.19.0
- VWR-4921: not recognising in Linux that client is already running
- Change the way local output volume is handled
- Checkboxes in About Land untick when selected
- Add missing header file to export list for public SVN repository
- Copy To Inventory fail to execute without any output feedback when Notecard has changes but not saved
- Resolve instant message crash report
- Textures/Snapshots in a notecard are opened again when you click copy to inventory.
- VWR-882: Group name showing as (???) in About Land, IM tabs, and object edit window
- Packet-loss while viewing inventory currently results in perceived inventory loss
- stop and pause Media and music buttons do not work
- Displayed page in the client browser disappears when crossing property boundaries.
- replace misspellings in alerts.xml parameters (<message name="messsage") (3 S's)
- fix a misspelling of 'participants' in floater_chat_history.xml tool tip
- clean up some viewer text strings related to Windlight features
- Media browser history dropdown does not save items across sessions
- XML CLEANUP: duplicate sibling names in en-us xml
- Crash in LLTabContainer::draw() if selected tab is invalid
- The Search floater does not enable the "Search" button until the user has typed 3 characters to reduce db load
- truncated english word 'water' in Advanced Water Editor modal help dialog
- sculpties on the top10 crash list
- WindLight: Default water has repetitive, scale-like patterns
- Fix MacBook Air/Intel 3100 WindLight issues
- VWR-4548: Linux Intel945 feature-blacklist not being applied (Unresponsive, blackscreen, if not using LL_GL_NOEXT=x)
- Adjust gpu-table based on data from default graphics level framerate for specific graphics cards in viewer stats
- VWR-3290: Linux scons build script doesn't work with distcc