Building / texturing / scripting
I have made a number of unscripted items for Harry Potter roleplaying, such as night stands in the different house colours and wizard coins - Galleons, Sickles and Knuts - as well as some scripted items.
I made this because I wanted to have a couple of books I could set out as if I had left them in a dorm room or a classroom. However, I didn't want them to always be the same. So this shows two books at a time. They will never be identical (i.e., two copies of the same book). The object contains a built-in library of cover art as well as a database of sizes and dimensions. All the titles are taken from books mentioned in the Harry Potter stories, and the prims change size to suit the relative sizes of the books. The owner of the object can change the rate at which the books change (30 seconds, 5 minutes or every hour)
I have also created a character tool for roleplay. It is mainly aimed at Harry Potter role play, though it could certainly be used with any other fandom RPG. It speaks in local chat with the name assigned to it; that name also always appears as the first line of the floater title above the wearer's head. The wearer can add additional lines for further information, and can select the colour they wish to use. The tool also offers a user-selectable command channel, gender selection to enforce the proper pronouns, a de-spoofing ability (i.e., if two different people choose the same character name, this mode will identify their SL names) and has a built-in hand-raising animation (for use in classes)
Projects In Progress
These projects are ongoing, as my enthusiasm and mood take me.
Xanadu Sky Island
Note that the campfire is not part of the build; it was put there just for looks.
Building and texturing completed, scripting yet to be done. I'm still trying to decide whether to use a series of waypoint prims to mark the bus route (makes it easier to re-arrange if/when the sim layout changes) or to use a stored route (easier to script). Either way, the new llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast function should make it easier to give a non-physical vehicle smoother movement, though given that this is the Knight Bus, too smooth would be a bad idea.
I also need to re-do the build somewhat and re-do textures as well, since once again conflicting alphas are a problem.