User:Whump Linden/Office Hours/Transcript 20080820
< User:Whump Linden/Office HoursJump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 13:27, 20 August 2008 by Whump Linden (New page: ==Agenda== # Protocol Versioning # Region Discovery # Coordination for upcoming viewer and protocol changes ==OGP Versioning Roadmap== * Short Term ** Versioning will be Out of Band ** V...)
- Protocol Versioning
- Region Discovery
- Coordination for upcoming viewer and protocol changes
OGP Versioning Roadmap
- Short Term
- Versioning will be Out of Band
- Version for all resources (Agent Domain, Region Domain, Region) will move together.
- Will require coordination.
- Longer Term
- A known URL to get the current version of the protocol.
- No per-message/per-resource versions.
How does a user find a new domain or region to teleport to?
- They could type in a region_url, and the client can get the region domain, which'll retrieve the map for the region domain
- They could type in a region domain url, which'll retrieve a map that can find regions by whatever key that region domain uses to find regions easily without having a url.
Need User Stories
Upcoming Viewer and Protocol Changes
- New viewer to fix OGP issues, and changes to protocol.
- Changes to AD and Login
- This will require maintenance on the patch
- Possibly running old and new Login, AD, and Regions during transition