This article is ready for technical review.
Gestures are an inventory item type (shown as ) that allow you to create a series of steps which trigger your avatar to animate, play sounds, and emit text chat. These can be used for practical purposes or to amuse friends. For example, a cartoon "Squish!" noise accompanied by your avatar falling down. In Second Life culture, many gestures are openly circulated like memes, as they add a lot of spark to social situations.
Gestures can be triggered with:
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Text chat words/phrases
- Voice volume.
||Shows a list of all active and inactive gestures in your inventory. Active gestures (or Favorites) appear in bold text.
||Shows the locat chat trigger for active gestures.
||Shows keyboard shortcuts assigned to gestures.
||Dropdown of options for selected gesture.
- Add/Remove from Favorites - Toggle between active and inactive favorite gestures.
- Copy - Take a copy of a gesture.
- Copy UUID - Take a copy of the selected gesture UUID.
- Save to current outfit - When wearing a saved outfit from My_Appearance_-_My_Outfits, the selected gesture is added to your current outfit folder.
- Edit - Opens the Gesture_Editor.
||Activate or deactivate a selected gesture.
||Deletes the currently selected item or folder.