Viewerhelp:How to buy a parcel
|Important: This article has been translated. The translation was imported on 26 Apr 2010. Any changes will require re-export for incremental translation.|
- Find a parcel. There are several ways to do that, including:
- On the parcel, choose World > Buy This Land. The Buy Land window appears with more details.
- Once everything is set, click Purchase.
Making a parcel group-owned
- After buying a parcel, choose World > Place Profile > About Land.
- Click Set to open Groups.
- Select a group and click OK.
- Check Allow Deed to Group.
- If you're also contributing your land holdings to the group, check Owner Makes Contribution With Deed.
- Click Deed.
|Note: Deeding land to a group transfers ownership of the land parcel to the group. One or more group members must make contributions for the land tier.|
Group-owned land has many subtleties such as a 10% land-holding bonus, so it's well worth reading more help. For more information, see Group-owned land.
Customizing a parcel
Once you own a parcel, there are two basic ways to customize it:
- Administrative settings - Choose World > Place Profile > About Land.
- Inworld customization
Continue to: Monitoring your land holdings and use