Talk:How can I find my avatar's UUID?
Jump to navigation Jump to search
It is no longer possible to find an avatar's UUID through search after the search results were changed to link to the new web profiles. Sayrah Parx 07:09, 30 April 2011 (PDT)
- Here are some ways.
- Outside the viewer go to https://my.secondlife.com and log in. Now go to the profile you want, for example http://my.secondlife.com/governor.linden. Click the Actions button, then right-click on IM and copy the link. the UUID is in there, between "agent/" and "/im"
- Inside the viewer: Go to preferences, Chat leaf, and check "Enable plain text IM and chat history". Now, when you receive IM or chat, you can right click on the name and use "Copy SLurl to clipboard", that will have the key in it too.
- Or, try the new search at http://search-beta.secondlife.com, pick People from the menu, and look for their name. When you expand the search result, and of the green buttons will have an URL you can use the same way. (The current http://search.secondlife.com works too, if you click through to the profile.)
- Or you can put a little script in a prim and ask the person to touch it, there is a simple one here -- LlDetectedKey#Examples
- (updated to make it a little more step by step. --Cerise Sorbet 08:40, 29 May 2011 (PDT))
- I personally find easier to use such a link: http://w-hat.com/name2key?name=opensource+obscure (replace first and last names as needed) --oobscure 04:11, 1 May 2011 (PDT)
- Yes the outside services are fine if your name is in them, but they all have very incomplete databases. --Cerise Sorbet 08:13, 1 May 2011 (PDT)