After reading Torley's comment about it on the blog, I downloaded a copy of the Jira client to test, and asked for a free key. They apparently thought I was a principle developer of the project (my blushes) and sent me this response:
Hello Peter, Thanks for your request. Please find attached a site license for Second Life open-source projects. Feel free to share the license key with anyone interested or post it on the web. The license allows any number of users, and it is locked to your JIRA URL. If in the future the URL changes, please let me know and I'll create another license key. Thank you for your interest in JIRA Client. If you have any questions or feature requests, feel free to write me directly or post to our forum, http://forum.almworks.com Best regards, Igor
I will upload the key here, BUT... there's some kind of authentication issue between secondlife.com and the jira client software, on the Mac at least, so it doesn't yet work with this website. -- Argent Stonecutter 13:07, 2 May 2007 (PDT)
Note: you have to uudecode this key below, then point to the generated file "jiraclient_secondlife.license" in jiraclient. Dzonatas Sol 10:09, 29 July 2007 (PDT)
begin 644 jiraclient_secondlife.license M)ZI=[GQR(1+F`CIGYHHL_O<PP@JQQ0C4$OD">"L'AS=/_"ASH-T"-,A,N]@A MW?7;1@V/OD3A40Z^.(GP>40]Z)H+(P%L!1:"MPRL.;S<"G6&FLZFPA^?'$KM M+'2%9PZOR'RGJ\GS,FX7S`$'PJT198(LRVN7NKDR2NTL=(5G#J^&FLZFPA^? M'$D4ZD[UMDVEOJ]EI#[4S).<:#0]YD)(=#K`MN!'^[PW%70HFA+;=,%]^-]H MV-_HW&5P/<%%=YNX+!H6_N^72=E&*6`##Z#58!#NR3?PVSGG#6DL7M(L(@+) M>Q6T<PG.9L=/>)7*/11J*NR"-Q@$HJUZDT;B(%`OSI71=C2W3W(S2"M1ZRG" M58X=JSY7<D3/B>7^`79.0B/R*'.K-=P+RO4_(1(?=T>,.=XK)LG.HX:>B*+? MTBK0TXO=7G7VC"L`!AV\WE62<^8G:0O7<LZKG,#"KUSR4%[%MS/25-+(O#)J MM]HD[LKGPQS21`[86B25M\GG2U92"6;7<Q2<GQ#3ZL$U@4]PGQ>^GXR0,W%3 M00')Y=8&DG[6?%.,(6GOD;"[,&X7/8&6U]SU%%LG<9^.E5`V-2;/R;>0ZGU\ M//=Y^>.2'"WX8Q9S7`"@9.^2JPX97!1<?W,K*-F"7NFU['_S@I[[QS3,H2G$ MP#+U0KS_X?4S&$"`:LV6%Z#<7^+N;TNQXF5P/<%%=YNX5U=#;KH,8GY&T/N1 M,0=Q;+R'M=-*/XV6P:)6CI200*<^Q4FUQ4'1-!Z5<YYN,L^XBGD'$2$1W36* ML.N4PZN*CI\=9GWWUS:P((Y.GV"8+(@N-7\OCZ5UVV5FA(&8@J4`ZQT\1,H' M,X;.4W%`VPAOR]K/2UYC6.K.(::?#HJ@IOOA:9=1.%<=WHCR7FK9=8<2DR+Q M[M,ZK%TWCN6N"%(%X61F9-X;^<'ZN0"OP/<2JO.^X&BBEU!"]^"9BKV?-Z=/ MD,1GT-Q<B%+>`=48M2M8+Z`PC'9GH!%WK](/%I8FV*P`LWQ3WQ#O3[C4C(@< MVO9S)Q!!1(,0)N$(&"\&RNA[/%`?LE94&DMRGQQ\@K+<4RB\;.S76TK\HE0I MA#A2AW>FUN="!3(:FN'K/@XEA=/`S*@=G520^"EO.IMK\/V1`C3%5C+MDGQ: M8_>E2J[2LNNF+N71?L)JT\VR5)=2\Q<`*`9(G\Q#8@@_O-9\''4ZIP+SQDRC M_]1`&*O-.[,D1N.61@V/OD3A40Z'>D"*!^Y<^H*>#3E*T*RFYBTBR/7#H5XA MVN<^1H3?CV=C9FX8,OH@;I17]V2^*U5E,+S:M]:<>I"R+_L":>#]+%+P40G" M!"I#A3?EJVDW:\RB;M0IU05#^^'ZWU[LTB'L&Z0G3FXM;3.F;\*<94$DBMS0 M<U<63GPIZ;*CH=)3W5B1DY0,,.2CEE\*L8LOB\(,^\R2YM&*?#4^M`JK!"(< M14P4\)Z'.*W4X-L/1AB840YX@*K?)4WP;';P2=O^#E-__"R[5K?,A['27MR4 M"\^\SJ1T(]-'HGH*<\&GF/33W7<Y%4;1"/07\VO'H"&8HK&"B14$!QIE<H%6 M0GC.**:X_#Z^,1_/0>SM]P*,MS'!9<&>1LUSW0AZ-(E@APU3`RP-AD1#APAH M#-`BZW-T.'4:X58'W?S%P$V;0G,4\"B"MC\Q^=:'>;]P4XO]%<6M!7YZR92@ MQ*9UX7B-,.`J4&.PTYL596=-\%`MB+5>^DVB[:CQ'Q$0)AX=25Z,?6DQO&T" M6`^@\)U!;,YU_M,&MA6N#*JEY3VY<^,N7_W,+"06HQZ7C6@&VUWA4#@?DY$0 MPZV%$9:D+Q?A@,<&8LS3Z6-\Y0Z36ZO#?BG7P9$OPFV/)D._IUM\>(X_1+O@ M'&\=^QY*IW23*C@J`?UD65=A"#BHYL>T$\/T/WCE#I-;J\-^*=_:@F2O&+"7 80)GQLQ^7-E[&08RT*9'&3%[^J#UXG:IL ` end
Can I edit this?
Would it be okay if I made some perhaps-large changes to the article? For example, "what is JIRA?" should really be at the top, as the introduction to JIRA. I'm a little hesitant because I only see Lindens making any large changes so far. Celierra Darling 14:20, 10 July 2007 (PDT)
- Go for it! If we hate it, we can always revert, but you've been in JIRA enough that I trust you at least know the topic. Cribbing from Wikipedia, be bold! -- Rob Linden 14:33, 10 July 2007 (PDT)
- Alright, I made a few changes... :) Though I'm not really 'finished'... I think some things at Bug Reporting 101 and http://blog.secondlife.com/2007/07/05/how-to-report-bugs-better/ might be good to have (summarized) here. Celierra Darling 19:38, 11 July 2007 (PDT)
Feature requests for Atlassian
If there are problems with JIRA that you'd like Atlassian (the makers of JIRA) to solve, please put a link to the issue here:
- JRA-13360 SHOULD be able to vote for resolved issues
- JRA-13741 Missing languages
- JRA-14534 When viewing a User Profile, it displays the wrong email address. It displays MY address rather than THEIRS
- JRA-14568 Profile option should let me specify to automatically Watch anything I Vote for, Edit, Report, or Comment on
- JRA-1549 Ability to rename a user
- JRA-3619 Validate email addresses of users who sign up
- JRA-6514 Search by user name in admin section
- JRA-13083 Enabling "External user management" should not disable "View Project Roles" on user
- JRA-13127 New "External Group Management" setting distinct from "External User Management"
Issues fixed by Atlassian previously listed here:
We can break this out into a separate page if it gets large. -- Rob Linden 16:28, 17 July 2007 (PDT)
Overlap with Issue tracker and Bug Reporting 101
There is a lot of overlap between Bug Reporting 101 and Issue tracker. Any chance we can merge the two pages? -- Rob Linden 22:01, 17 July 2007 (PDT)
- Erk...part of that overlap is because I started merging the two and haven't finished. Sorry... >.> Celierra Darling 23:49, 17 July 2007 (PDT)
- Oh, no worries! Glad you're on it! This probably serves as a pretty good warning that the pages will be merged. I'm assuming Bug Reporting 101 just gets merged into this page. -- Rob Linden 00:14, 18 July 2007 (PDT)
- I couldn't really merge the last two sections - both Category:Conformance Test and Debug Info don't contain anything useful. Still need to do the vetting bugs/bug triage parts. Celierra Darling 18:45, 22 July 2007 (PDT)
More refactoring issues...
I'm going through the article again doing lots of refactoring/rewording, and I can't figure out what this paragraph trying to convey:
- If you cannot log-in after *repeated attempts* this is regarded by Linden Labs as a Showstopper Issue. At present, JIRA is the approved way for Linden Lab to discover widespread log-in difficulties, it will be dealt with promptly, but you should not post a separate issue that you cannot log in, add a comment or vote to the first cannot log-in issue raised on that day.
I understand what it's saying, but is this supposed to be an example or some specific warning or...? From what I can tell, it's already covered by all the rest - "stay recent", avoid duplication, etc.... I took it out, but feel free to re-add it. Celierra Darling 19:06, 12 April 2008 (PDT)
Was playing and was crashing this AM, saw that there was a new version and DLed it. Wouldn't come up. Figured there was a conflict somewhere, removed SL totally and went for a new DL and this is the error I got:
Error opening file for writing:
Anyone else getting this? Is there something I can do?
Sincerely, Renna Fairey email@example.com
Renna Fairey 20:04, 27 June 2009 (UTC)
- Hi Renna!
- This is not the right spot to adress your issue. For something that's just effecting you, please file a support ticket in the support portal. Issues effecting many Residents (bug reports, feature requests) should go to the JIRA (Issue Tracker), though this here is just the documentation about the issue tracker. It's not the issue tracker itself. You can find it at jira.secondlife.com.
- That beeing said, your issue seems to be similar to VWR-9467. Ramzi Linden reported that this issue would be "in many instances a symptom of an earlier instance of the SecondLife.exe viewer still running."
- Since you said that you'd have removed and reinstalled your viewer as well, it looks like the resolution mentioned above wouldn't be helpful for you... Could you try to install the latest Release Candidate from http://secondlife.com/support/downloads.php and test if the issue is still present with that viewer after a restart of your Windows?
- If the answer is yes, please file a support ticket like mentioned above, adding as much detail as you can (operating system, hardware, version of the SL viewer, etc.). I'll also mail you this, since I'm not sure if you'll look for answeres here. Good luck getting back online!
- Greetz, (talk|contribs) 22:40, 27 June 2009 (UTC)
FLA or WMV for Viewer Needed
I have found it very frustrating only being able to display MOV (Quicktime) files with in Second Life. Especially from the side of wanting to stream live events. I am building a large SL facility for conferences and want to be able to stream LIVE into Second Life but can;t because of the Quicktime Only restriction. The encoder for Quicktime only works on a Mac and I work on a PC. ALSO it would greatly increase the number of files that can be viewed. Can this be worked on?
Slowhand CooperstoneSlowhand Cooperstone 15:28, 2 November 2009 (UTC)
FIX THIS CRAP!!!!
Every time i log on theres one thing or another wrong, weather it be a inventory problem or that damn ??? where names should be. Im tired of this, FIX IT!!!!Candi Renfold 18:39, 21 May 2011 (PDT)
All contents in this Talk page are obsolete or off-topic
I'd suggest to delete all current content in this Talk page. --oobscure 01:40, 12 September 2011 (PDT)
Why Bug Tracker page can't be edited?
Bug Tracker page can't be edited - is this by design? --oobscure 01:41, 12 September 2011 (PDT)
to add: How To Propose A Viewer Feature
How_To_Propose_A_Viewer_Feature should be integrated and linked from Bug_Tracker page, but I can't edit the page myself. --oobscure 01:43, 12 September 2011 (PDT)