Shows context-sensitive information about the object or avatar under your mouse cursor.
||Shows a window with more information about the selected Resident, including:
- Their name.
- How old their Second Life account is.
- An excerpt from their Second Life profile.
- Volume slider - If a Resident's voice sounds too quiet, drag this towards the right. If they're too loud, drag this towards the left.
- Add Friend - Sends a friendship request to the Resident. A window opens where you can enter an explanatory message, then click OK to confirm. If they accept, they're added to your Friends list.
- More - Shows the Resident's full profile in the sidebar.
- Gear - Shows various options available for tfhis Resident:
- View Profile - Shows this Resident's profile in the sidebar.
- Add Friend - Same as the Add Friend button described above.
- IM - Starts an Instant Message text chat session with this Resident.
- Call - Starts a private voice call session with this Resident.
- Teleport - Sends a teleport request to this Resident. You can enter an explanatory message, then click OK to summon them to your location. Teleports are usually long-distance but if an area is very dense, it may help to teleport a newfound friend directly to you.
- Invite to Group - Opens the Groups Picker where you can click a group to select it, then click OK to invite this Resident to that group.
- Block - Instantly adds this Resident to your Blocked List.
- Report - Opens the Report Abuse window and prepopulates it with this Resident's name. Use this if a Resident is violating the Community Standards.
- Zoom In - Moves the camera to focus and center on this Resident's avatar, making it easy to find them in a crowd.
- Pay - Opens the Pay Resident window so you can give them Linden Dollars (L$).
Most of the above options are the same as right-clicking another Resident's avatar. If you move your cursor away from the Resident information window, it fades away unobtrusively after several seconds.
||Shows a window with more information about the selected object, including:
- The object's name.
- The name of the object's creator.
- The name of the object's owner.
- The object's price, if it is for sale.
- A brief description of the object, if the creator included one.
- A button containing a default action, such as Sit or Touch.
- More Opens the object's profile in the sidebar.
- Gear - Shows various options available for this object:
- Touch - Interacts with the object by "touching" it.
- Sit - Sits your avatar on the object.
- Take - Takes the object to your inventory, removing it from the world.
- Take Copy - Takes a copy of the object, leaving the original inworld.
- Open - Opens the object and view its contents.
- Edit - Edits the object using Second Life's build tools.
- Wear - Wears the object as an attachment; the default attachment point is your avatar's right hand.
- Report - Reports the object for violating Second Life's terms of service.
- Block - Mutes all sounds and text chat from this object.
- Zoom In - Centers your camera on the object and zoom in for a better view.
- Remove - Removes the object from the world by deleting it.
- More Info - Opens the object's profile in the sidebar.
Most of the above options are also available by right-clicking an object. If you move your cursor away from the information window, it fades away unobtrusively after several seconds.