This release contains improvements and bugfixes related to CHUI including:
- A visible separator between Conversations and Messages panes
- Fixed performance issues
- Fixed layout issues
- Fixed several crashes
- Nearby Chat toggles separate from Conversations
- Keyboard shortcut behavior fixed
- Send IM behavior fixed
- Notifications behavior fixed
- Menu option "Close all Chats"
- Right click for Nearby Chat history
- Object IM: separate notification preference
As well as:
Location in Help -> About
The viewer's Help -> About box now displays your location within the current region, instead of your absolute coordinates in the virtual world.
The viewer no longer uses channel-specific user_settings/settings_(something).xml files (e.g. settings_betaviewer.xml). Instead, by default, it consistently uses user_settings/settings.xml regardless of the viewer's channel.
This change only affects those who use more than one Linden Second Life viewer on the same computer (e.g. from http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Alternate_Viewers, or your own viewer build). If, on a given computer, you only use the Linden release viewer, or only use the Linden beta viewer, or only use your own viewer builds, you should notice no difference.
Previously, if (for example) you switched from the Linden release viewer to the Linden beta viewer, you would notice that some of your Preferences might revert from your customized settings to the defaults.
That should no longer be the case. Going forward, when you change Preferences in the release viewer, that change should be visible in the beta viewer, and so forth.
Command line options
- The viewer's --graphicslevel command-line switch now accepts the full range 0 through 6, instead of only 0 through 3.
- The viewer's --url and --slurl command-line switches used to behave differently: --url with a SLURL containing a grid name would implicitly preselect that grid on the login screen, whereas --slurl did not. Both switches now preselect the target grid on the login screen.
- The viewer used to accept the --logmetrics command-line switch without a test name, about which the source comment reads: " '--logmetrics' can be specified with a named test metric argument so the data gathering is done only on that test. In the absence of argument, every metric is gathered (makes for a rather slow run and hard to decipher report...)." The "every metric" usage is no longer supported. Without a test name, the --logmetrics command-line switch is ignored.
- The Mac viewer no longer contains an arguments.txt file. Similarly, the Linux viewer no longer contains a gridargs.dat file. If you have scripts that manipulate those files, they will no longer have the desired effect. Consider adding desired settings to app_settings/settings_install.xml instead. (More viewer command-line switches now have corresponding settings variables.)