Volunteer Event Planning Committee
The next meeting of the Event Planning Committee will be on December 17, 2007 at 4PM Second Life Time at the SL Volunteer Island Stage. Planning is now in the works for this quarter's "Graduation" celebration of all our new Apprentices to Mentors! If you have any questions, or wish to join this committee, please contact Kimber Enoch who is organizing this next meeting.
First meeting scheduled for Tuesday, December 11, 2007 at SL Volunteer Island Meeting Area to form a Volunteer Event Planning Committee.
If you are reading this then you are someone that enjoys setting up a successful event. GREAT!!!
Theme, decorations, favors/gifts, music and timing are all important. Timing should be carefully thought out to include all time zones. Decide whether to run a 5 hour celebration or two or three 1 hour celebrations.
- Committee selection - to be formed from those mentors who volunteer to take this on.
- Select Day, Date, Time and Location of Event.
Areas to be addressed
- Build for Venue - to be built by committee or, if you chose, can use the Gym build just taken down or the Stage Area which the VTeam feels will be the least laggy of the options.
- Decorations - to make and setup decorations fitting the event, food & beverages etc.
- Gifts - those that will make and / or collect goodies (previous VTeam items will be available as well).
- Invitation/Promotion - Creation, distribution, advertising the event without using the Mentor Channel. Ideas such as an event committee group, signage on the SL Volunteer Islands will be great ways to promote an upcoming committee event.
- Entertainment - secure DJ, dance machines (VTeam can provide if requested).
- Photographer - official picture takers for event.
- Greeters - to welcome and direct guests to gifts, dance machines, etc.
- Clean Up - to make sure all items are returned after the event.
- Coordination & Meetings
The committee should meet often to ensure event preparations are moving along smoothly.
Stay tuned after today's meeting for the member names of your Volunteer Event Planning Committee!
Volunteer Event Planning Committee Members
- aliceinwire Bleac
- angela Beerbaum
- Aurora Autopoiesis
- AZULL Ash
- CallieDel Boa
- Chaos Mohr
- Clione Clary
- Contessa Marquez
- CS Beaumont
- Das Wade
- Doctor Gascoigne
- Jezzie McCellan
- Kimber Enoch Committee Contact/Organizing next meeting
- Kitty Tandino
- Ludinha Kamachi
- Michel Lemmon
- Morgana Hilra
- Rails Bailey
- Runeswan Ceawlin
- Saxet Uralia
- Sonia28 Jie
- SullyBaby Gomez
- Sweetcandie Mifflin
- Tater Todd
- Taylaa Williamson
- ToThePoint Garfield
- Wakanda Wakawaka
- Wayne Blachere