Difference between revisions of "Geometry and Physics VAG"
|Line 27:||Line 27:|
See the and usecase templatesfor more information on creating usecases. One liners are fine (and better than nothing) but more detail will result in a better understanding and a better architecture.
* Category 1
* Category 1
Revision as of 06:03, 18 October 2007
- (this is an initial draft so scope and focus are still fairly open. Please add comments to the Talk:Geometry and Physics VAG if you have slightly different viewpoints so we can try to converge on a common view. This discussion could also expose other similar VAG that are needed in this area --Burhop Piccard 18:38, 16 October 2007 (PDT) )
- 1 Purpose
- 2 List of concerns addressed by this viewpoint
- 3 Areas not addressed by this viewpoint
- 4 Source of Viewpoint
- 5 Use Cases
- 6 Organization
- 7 External Links
- 8 Members (Stakeholders)
The Geometry and Physics Viewpoint Advacacy Group exists to provide input for archtectural design that is focused on the (virtual) physical modeling of objects.
List of concerns addressed by this viewpoint
Areas of concern addressed by the viewpoint include:
- Describing the physical shape of the object.
- Describing the physical and material properties of the object (mass, color, material, surface texture).
- Efficient comunication of Geometric and physical properties.
- Use of open standards that allow for predictable sharing of data with various systems and tools
- Creation of data using various 3D modeling tools (i.e. Maya, Sketchup, 3D CAD, etc.)
- Reading of data by other software (other VW's, design and modeling tools, physics engines).
Areas not addressed by this viewpoint
- Display is not addressed by the viewpoint. This is expected to be a fairly complex topic posibly involving differnet viewers and display technologies. Another VAG is needed for this.
- Specific technologies and applications are not specifically part of this viewpoint. That is, this view is one of open archtecture capable of working with multiple applications and tools.
Source of Viewpoint
See the Architecture Working Group Glossary and usecase templates for more information on creating usecases. One liners are fine (and better than nothing) but more detail will result in a better understanding and a better architecture.
- Category 1
- Use case a
- Use case b
- Category 2
- use case c
- use case d
Anyone with an interest in this Viewpoint is welcome to join. You should join the AW_Groupies group in Second Life.
In world meetings
We meet once a week in-world and more if people are available.
Also members are active on the wiki and in the SLDEV mailing list.
Meetings are scheduled via the "SL AW Groupies" google calendar"
Modeling Techniques used to express viewpoint
Founder Burhop Piccard