Architecture Working Group
From Second Life Wiki
AWG's mission is to develop the protocols that will open up the Second Life Grid from something operated solely by Linden Lab to where others can run parts of the grid. Learn more about scope, timeframe, getting started, process and best practices in About AWG.
Formal meetings will likely be held 3-4 times/year and located in Second Life to facilitate broad participation. Meetings will be coordinated on SLDev.
- AWG Meeting 2 held 18 March 2008: Follow link for chat log, audio recording and other resources.
- AWG Meeting 1: Agenda, transcript, work items, participant responses and other resources.
Weekly In-world Discussions
Documents and Resources
The current, and first, draft of the proposed "Open Grid Protocol" can be found here:
- The draft page is locked because we want a stable reference for discussion and to base the next draft on. Each section in the draft has a link on the right to a discussion for that particular section. Discuss!
- Previously, we referred to this document as "Second Life Grid Open Grid Protocol" or "SLGOGP." This has now been shortened to "Open Grid Protocol," but you may see the old terms on some documents and links.
The current state of the group's design:
- Second Life Grid: Description, motivation and goals.
- Structural Design: Overview of structure, description of agent and region domains, etc.
- Second Life Grid Protocols: Description of current Second Life Grid architecture
- Second Life Grid Glossary
- Open_Grid_Public_Beta: Beta testing for login and teleport between Second Life and participating OpenSim simulators
- AWG Test Harness Python-based client library and test harness to test implementation and documentation of the Open Grid Protocols
- AWG Use Cases contributed by work group members.
Related efforts, groups and work: