Get source and compile
From Second Life Wiki
Revision as of 15:21, 30 October 2006 by Phoenix Linden
Even if you don't plan to develop, just the act of downloading and compiling can uncover problems. If the version you download doesn't build on your platform, file a bug.
Installing windows core development tools and libraries
- Visual Studio .NET 2003 Professional
- Microsoft Platform SDK
- DirectX 9.0 SDK Update (Summer 2003)
- Set up the project globals:
- Start Visual C++
- Go to Tools/Options/Projects/VC++ Directories
- Make sure that the includes and libraries paths have the DirectX SDK paths first, then the Platform SDK paths, and then the Visual C++ paths.