Developer communication tools
Let us know what you think on email, on the forum, or in-world. If it's not working for you, try to get help there. If it is working for you, try helping someone who's having trouble.
Internet Relay Chat - your instant way to communicate, using the Freenode IRC network.
- #opensl on Freenode - General open source viewer discussion and development channel
- #opensl-jira on Freenode - Real time tracking of all Jira entries
IRC client software
If you run into issues, look through the bug database and see if a bug has been filed. If not, file the bug.
Second Life JIRA is the place to submit bug reports, reproductions and patches for issues relating to the open source viewer.
In Second Life
See Project Snowstorm/Meetings for open source related meetings.
- SL Open Source Contributors
- people who have made contributions of code, testing, documentation, or community support for the open source viewer. Provides access to the
- Second Life Beta
- To organize, brainstorm, and talk about testing of Second Life Server in BETA. Let's get together and make some incredible things happen! Everyone is welcome :)) Server BETA testing is done on the grid ADITI. Instructions for connecting to ADITI can be found here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Preview_Grid - ADITI Status: http://bit.ly/ADITI_notes
- AW Groupies
- In-world discussion of Architecture Working Group plus wiki webpages
- Second Life Source Developers
- A group who use their real life programing skills to make SL a better place with open source releases from Linden Lab.
- Second Life Viewer 2.0
- Help each others to learn how to use the new viewer. Join to get informed! Feel free to ask us!
You're soaking in it...
This is the place to post documentation, more in-depth discussions, and various projects