Private Estate land texture information
From Second Life Wiki
Revision as of 14:35, 8 August 2008 by Gally Young
With the release of 1.5, private island (estate) owners are able to change the texture on their land. Feel free to create your own textures, here are a few notes:
- Base textures are the textures for the minimap/none terrain mode
- Detail textures are the textures for the some/full terrain modes.
- All textures should be 24-bit.
- Land textures CANNOT be used anywhere else in the world, or it's possible that they won't show up.
They can only be used for land, not a house or person, etc.
- If you preview a land texture, you may need to restart your viewer in order for it to show up.
- Base textures MUST all be the same dimensions.
- The default (and recommended) Base texture dimensions are 256 x 256
- The default (and recommended) Detail texture dimensions are 512 x 512
- Start height is the height at which texture 0 is applied
- Height Range is the number of meters it takes to transition from 100% texture 0 to 100% texture 3.
- Each of the 4 groups represents a corner of the sim: NW NE SW SE
- The texture picker currently does not let you revert the texture back to default. To revert back to the defaults