White Tiger Help Island
White Tiger Help Island (WTHI) is now ready and will welcome you to a great and "safe" virtual environment.
For an alternative experience in interactive helping visit White Tiger Help Island. Basic
colourful tutorials, free shops, building area, firework display, music cave and mini art
gallery. Still under construction to a degree but more than enough there to have a happy helping
experience! A landmark to ROF Orientation Area is on the island for those who want more
intense and detailed learning. Have fun with your new Residents.
Keywords: Help. Lessons. Tutorials. Assistance. Helpers. New. Support. People Helping People. Fireworks.
Free Clothes. Building Area. Gallery of Original Artwork. Mentors. Guide. Guides. New Residents. Learning. Learn. Fun.
Of course," even though" both ROF OA and WTHI are affiliated to the White Tigers Mentors, we will" still be available to help at all " locations where help is needed!
All the White Tiger Volunteers are always welcome to help at the Inworld Locations for Volunteers.
Feel free to visit us, we will support you as best we can, that's our priority in Second Life®.
Here is the SLurl to White Tiger Help Island. Enjoy!
How to Join
- Applications for membership can be sent in-world with an Instant Message (IM) or a Notecard to a listed Owner or Helper (See Group Info).
- New Residents can ask to join White Tiger Mentors or New Resident Services groups at any time during the mentoring process.
- Only the Owners are able to set specific roles, therefore those who are interested in participating for assistance have to contact them.
- A training may be required and will be provided at R.O.F. on Sunset Arts II SIM to get the title of White Tiger Mentor/Linguist or NRS Greeter Helper.
- The Linguist role is optional, and reserved for qualified Mentors. They must be able to speak at last 2 languages to get it, more than 2 will be appreciated.
- General talk is okay, but disputes, unauthorized advertising or vulgar spam in both group channels will not be appreciated and can lead to loss of membership.
- All Mentors of WTM are allowed to send useful group notices. However, inappropriate group notices are not permitted and will lead to loss of membership.
- All Members (New Residents & Helpers) of both groups have to abide by the Second Life Terms of Service and Community Standards and the White Tiger Tao of Volunteers below.
- The Members of WTM group who have been offline more than six months may be removed from this group at any time and without advance warning.
- Both White Tiger Mentors and New Resident Services are private help groups and as such, are not endorsed by Linden Lab®.
White Tiger Mentors: Active Volunteers who are willing to help by sharing knowledge and ideas in-world.
Both new and experienced Residents are welcome to join (Ask an Owner or Helper).
Six months of practice in Second Life® is required to become a White Tiger Volunteer.
Team associated with ROF New Resident Orientation Area. This is a Q&A group.
New Resident Services: To offer quality Help and Support for people in SL, new Residents, older Residents. Our Orientation Area contains tutorials with additional information for progressed learning and is accessible to those with visual disabilities. Part of the Remembering Our Friends Group, who offer peer support for HIV/AIDS, Disabilities, Sleep Disorder, MS, and work with many dedicated support groups in SL. Affiliated with White Tiger Mentors Group.
Who We Are
White Tiger Mentor or NRS Greeter Helper?
Newcomers in Second Life® can ask to join the White Tiger Mentors group at any time if they wish to get any live help by using the group channel. However, we encourage them to join the New Resident Services group first for an easier experience regarding the group channel usage and any other basic learning. When they consider they are experienced enough and want also to become a Helper themselves in the New Residents Services Team, they will have to follow a basic training to get the title of NRS Greeter Helper. If a NRS Greeter Helper wants to provide more technical knowledge to people, he/she can apply to become a White Tiger Volunteer as an Apprentice. White Tiger Apprentices must complete a traning session, including a simulation of mentoring with some Advisors. The Trainer and Advisor will advise the group Owner(s) that the Apprentice is ready to be a qualified Helper and the Owner(s) will make the final decision to accept the Apprentice as a Mentor/Linguist, according to the skills of the Apprentice. The Volunteers can stay in the New Resident Services group as a NRS Greeter Helper even if they have been upgraded to a White Tiger Mentor.
No matter who you help, where you help or how you help, the most important thing is not the tag you are wearing but the assistance you can offer in-world to all the persons in real life who are using Second Life®.