Inworld Locations for Volunteers
From Second Life Wiki
- Korea Welcome Area
- Ahern Welcome Area
- Hanja Welcome Area:
Linden Lab Office Hours
- : The oldest French sim. Usually full and laggy, but with useful resources, classes and sandbox. (it's just next to the French School)
- www.France-Pittoresque.net (Aragorn Bingyi) : French Island home, chat, support and relaxation on Second Life since March 2007 with its beach, sand and palms. Area for your first steps (tutorials, sandbox, free clothing, etc.). A group of several thousand members
- www.france3d.org :proposes to follow an orientation path for newbies and intermediate avatars. It explains clearly the different functions and possibilities in Second Life, through friendly games (camera control, funny objects, giant zip line...). At any time, the visitors can meet French-speaking helpers (easy to identify with their tag over the head). They are always available to answer any question.
- kerunix Flan) : a full sim with dedicated French mentor, classes, and translated notecards. (
- www.LibertaSL.com. (cities, forest, village, sea, airports, train, boat, sandbox... (Saddam Triskaidekaphobia) : Realistic virtual state with more 30 sims
French speaking groups
These sims are not dedicated to SL Education, but you'll usually find French mentor.
Linden Lab owned
- : Center of welcome and orientation for all who speak Spanish. A place where newbies can find help, notecards, gifts, friends, and clear doubts.
- secondlifespain.com. Newbies can find help, classes, and translated notecards. : Headquarters of the community of Spanish-speaking residents
- spanishorientation.com. SL News, forum, community... : The first Spanish Orientation Island with regapi and listed in secondlife.com
Spanish speaking groups
There are many groups where Spanish speaking residents can find help and make friends. Some of the more significant groups are (in no special order):
- Segunda Vida (founded by long term Resident, Greeter and Mentor Blueman Steele).
- Spanish From Spain=SpaniardS in SL
- Aventura y Viajes (founded by Mentor Irene Muni)
- : Great place to take Spanish speakers. Active community and Spanish speaking DJ's.
- : A place to make new friends, speak in Spanish and have fun. Free help, Spanish notecards, etc.
- : Center of welcome and orientation for all who speak portuguese. A place where newbies can find help, notecards, gifts, friends, and clear doubts.
For more contacts or help you can access groups support Brazilian or Portuguese: Suporte Portal Brasil or Brasileiros no SL (for Brazil) and Tugas no SL (for Portugal). People there will usually point new users to the most recently built areas with Portuguese content.
These locations are for the technically advanced - those who are familiar with building and scripting. There are very experienced people in the sandboxes as well, but are often too preoccupied to help the Newbies who arrive interested in finding out what they can do.
Unmanaged sandboxes have no one in particular overseeing the operations of the area. They often rely on auto-returns and may have scripts disabled to prevent griefer attacks.
Managed Sandboxes have administrators or sandbox guardians who oversee the activities on the sandboxes. They are often reachable by a paging system or group chat, if they are not physically present.
- : The french sandbox (next to gaia)