User:Nyx Linden/Office Hours Agenda
Nyx Linden's Office Hours Agenda
Office hours are on Wednesdays at Noon in Pacific time (SL standard time) located in Borrowdale at: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Borrowdale/74/217/32
Topics are focused on avatars, content creation efficiency, content creation tools and methods, rendering issues, and many related random topics.
Please add topics for discussion / agenda items to the end of the list below prior to 11:50 AM. Priority will be given to topics that are posted in advance and are relevant to the goals of the office hour. Feel free to include relevant links to JIRA or wiki pages. Contact Nyx Linden if you are unsure if your topic is relevant or appropriate.
Archived agendas can be found at the agenda archive.
Next meeting scheduled for: November 10, 2010.
November 10, 2010
- Can someone please post the transcript of this office hour to the wiki? (I cannot attend due to Class) -Brookston Holiday
- Will linking rules change along with the 64 meter size limit?
- Yes, the new max link distance will be 54m. Reference: Previous Office Hours
- Is a new mesh viewer going to be released in the coming days/weeks/months/years?
- 64 meter size limit is too small, it needs to be slightly larger with a tolerance band so there can be a small overlap to account for mesh inconsistancies and quantization errors from the 16 bit encoding of the mesh.
- Any new info on alpha content being lit inconsistent with non-alpha content in deferred rendering? Example pic: here Jira: VWR-16972
- Any news on the new ARC algorithm?
- On the forum, a user reported that if you make a skinned mesh small and then wear it, it has a lower ARC than wearing it at its original upload size. Is this a bug? (Post number 17 of this thread: http://blogs.secondlife.com/message/488765#488765)
- Any news on new mesh related LSL functions?
- would making mesh holdiay items be too hasty?