User:Nyx Linden/Office Hours Agenda
Nyx Linden's Office Hours Agenda
Office hours are on Wednesdays at Noon in Pacific time (SL standard time) located in Borrowdale at: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Borrowdale/74/217/32
Topics are focused on avatars, content creation efficiency, content creation tools and methods, rendering issues, and many related random topics.
Please add topics for discussion / agenda items to the end of the list below prior to 11:50 AM. Priority will be given to topics that are posted in advance and are relevant to the goals of the office hour. Feel free to include relevant links to JIRA or wiki pages. Contact Nyx Linden if you are unsure if your topic is relevant or appropriate.
Archived agendas can be found at the agenda archive.
Next meeting scheduled for: January 5, 2011.
January 12, 2011
- Would it be hard to add joint rotations? Jira: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/CTS-443
- Also, how do you attach a file to a jira so that only Lindens can see it?
- mesh uuid flipping... rumors it may be enabled but throttled? is there any truth to these rumors? -cm
- avatar 2.0... just cuase you know i'd bring it up -cm
- drag and drop... describe the sketches you never made? -cm
- what fast and easy things can be done to improve the shape / clothing editor while we wait for avatar 2.0? -cm
- This may be more suited to the viewer 2.x OHs, however the 2.x building window lacks features such as drag & drop tabs, clickable text for options that are check-boxes. These things are big on my list of items that would convince me to use the 2.x viewer as an effective builder's tool. Could we see these things restored? - as
- Any plans to bring in Qarl's build align tool into Viewer 2.0?
- What can be done to respect the wishes of mesh creators in respect of export from SL? Here is one approach: "Allow mesh creators to mark their meshes as Exportable, prior to mesh launch" - . This is an important requirement for education, group work, and for general use with Opensim grids. Is there any hope for such a feature in SL? Without it, SL becomes less relevant by the day for those who need export.