User:Nyx Linden/Office Hours Agenda
Nyx Linden's Office Hours Agenda
Office hours are on Wednesdays at Noon in Pacific time (SL standard time) located in Borrowdale at: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Borrowdale/74/217/32
Topics are focused on avatars, content creation efficiency, content creation tools and methods, rendering issues, and many related random topics.
Please add topics for discussion / agenda items to the end of the list below prior to 11:50 AM. Priority will be given to topics that are posted in advance and are relevant to the goals of the office hour. Feel free to include relevant links to JIRA or wiki pages. Contact Nyx Linden if you are unsure if your topic is relevant or appropriate.
Archived agendas can be found at the agenda archive.
Next meeting scheduled for: December 16, 2009.
December 16, 2009
- Client-side AOs (Emerald style), especially given memory limits, desire to move away from LSL2 VM and rez-delay with Mono scripts
- Please identify Reset Linden, so that we can ridicule him/her more effectively. ;P Alternatively, please discuss how one might get this specific design principle into Linden UI devs' minds: "Don't add unnecessary camera resets or movements just because you feel like it, unless accompanied by a checkbox." For those who know how to control their camera and don't want it overridden, the "free" resets and unsolicited movements are highly annoying. The problem has been going on for years and is spread out all over the code. A Jira on a UI design principle would not be effective.
- A top Linden dev recently stated:
- "the shadow pipeline is pretty much completely different in 2.0 onward. Most 1.23 bug reports won't be helpful"
- "We'll probably have a lot of those shadow issues against the old engine actually - what's the best way to handle that?"
- So, there's a new rendering engine in Viewer2.0 and it's acknowledged that a lot of bug reports and patches for the current engine will be effectively obsoleted. That would be a good tradeoff if it means that the bad old coupling between rendering and networking in the old engine is removed. Is it removed?
- From AW Groupies, about Tillie's addition of an EXIF block to snapshots: "Sounds like a topic for Nyx's OH then --- how can Tillie compute an equivalent zoom length for EXIF from viewer frustum parameters?"
- your topic here!