User:Zai Lynch/Talkpage Archive 04
Welcome to my discussion page =)
If you want to leave a comment / start a discussion, please operate as follows:
- Press the edit button on top of the page.
- Scroll down and start a new topic using: == Name of the topic ==
- Write what you want me to know and then sign it with four tildes: ~~~~ (or the signature button ). These will automatically be converted into your username and a timestamp.
- Preview the page and save it if you're comfortable with it. Make sure to click the "Watch this page" button 'cause i'll answer your question / discuss your topic in here so everyone can follow the discussion and don't have to click from one talk page to the next to be able to keep track.
- If you want to answer to a persons posting you can scroll behind the posting, hit enter to start a new line and begin it with a colon. It will be displayed as an intended line then.
- If you want to answer to an answer, please write multiple colons in the beginning of the line.
- If I made a contribution at your discussion page, please answer there. I'll surely read it.
- Happy editing :-)
Old comments and discussions are archived since this page was growing to large. In case you'd like to reply to one of the archived discussions, please open a new topic here and name it: Re:Name of the old discussion.
Vimeo widget problems
Zai, Thanks for fixing the videos in the KB articles.
I just put a little navigation template in some of the articles, but it seems to break the vimeo widget and I can't imagine why. See Why do textures sometimes look messed up? - Video Tutorial for an example.
I'd like to create some more navigation boxes to group related articles and make navigation easier. But this is a real problem.
--Rand Linden 19:28, 26 June 2009 (UTC)
- It's not your template interferring but appearently a problem with the widgets extension. I faced the same problem with the Blip.tv one. Every time I make an edit to such a page, I need to perform a null edit after saving, in order to clear the cache. Otherwise, the widget isn't kicking in correctly...
- You can make null edits by editing and saving without making a change, or adding ?action=purge at the end of the link.
- It's a little annoying... So when you know the work around, it's not hurting to much.
- Greetz :-)
- -- (talk|contribs) 19:32, 26 June 2009 (UTC)
- Great, thanks for the tip. Very strange, and a bit annoying, but at least there's a workaround. Thanks again!
- --Rand Linden 22:37, 26 June 2009 (UTC)
Hi Zai, I have a question or two about "das Polygonnetz des Avatars".
- I have no idea how but do you think it´s possible to simplify this even more? Even with it being inaccurate, maybe we could call it something like "Oberfläche" and if needed add "(ein Polygonnetz)" with the link to wikipedia?
- Just for my understanding: Is it all baked into one texture (like skin and clothes)?
--Torben Trautman 21:18, 29 June 2009 (UTC)
- Hey Torben! :-)
- @1: Yeah, "Polygonnetz" sounds a lil bumpy and maybe even frightening for non-techie's... I think we can go with the suggested "Oberfläche" in case we provide the right technical term together with the link.
- @2: Yes, skin and all layers of clothing are baked into the same texture so that every avatar just got 3 of them (face, upper and lower body). (Well and the standart hair...) That is the reason why you're becoming all blurry although you just change one single piece of clothing. Cause it's a whole new texture. It's then distributed to other clients which is also the reason for some strange phenomena that occurs when a graphics card driver bitches and messes up the texture during the baking process. People often say "it can't be my driver, since my friend is seeing me too this way!". Though they got to, since they're receiving the distorted texture from them...
- Greetz, (talk|contribs) 22:44, 29 June 2009 (UTC)
- Oh btw: Did you save the chatlog from Simone's OH? Could you publish it? I had a con lost, restarted and thought: d'oh!
- Didn't have logging of open chat enabled either... -- (talk|contribs) 22:53, 29 June 2009 (UTC)
Double checking on WEB-1194
Hi Zai - just wanted to check in with you on Template:WEB-1194, as well as just want to use this as an excuse to edit a heavily edited page as a test of my own. -- Rob Linden 23:50, 29 June 2009 (UTC)