Viewer 2 Help
From Second Life Wiki
Revision as of 09:11, 1 March 2010 by Torley Linden
Welcome to our lovely Viewer 2 Beta!
We've got lots of help to support the awesome improvements!
What help is available for Viewer 2?
- Totally new context-sensitive help built into the Viewer - Open just about any window, sidebar tab, and so on, and click the ? button. It doesn't get any easier. For example:
- Quick Start Guide - A comprehensively-illustrated tour of what you need to know. Also available from the Viewer's sidebar when you click the Home tab:
- Beta FAQ - Hot questions answered in PDF format.
- Release Notes - Need to dig into the details and get a blow-by-blow list of what's changed? Check these out.
- Transition Video Tutorials - Fun and friendly how-tos hosted by Torley. Think of it as an in-action "switcher's guide" of "Where did [insert feature] go?" (And check out the rest of our YouTube channel while you're at it.) For example:
- Second Life Answers - Ask fellow Residents questions about Viewer 2! Feel the love.
- If you want to share Viewer 2 experiences, we also have a forum for that.
- Viewer 2 Tips & Tricks blog - Learn something useful regularly!
Knowledge Base articles
How-tos for cool stuff:
- Adding Shared Media to an object - Learn how to see websites, movies, and more on a prim.
Questions & Answers
More responses to hot Viewer 2 questions! We heart followup!
- 2010-02-24 - Answers to a Few FAQs on Viewer 2 - Covers media controls, build menu, object inspector, HUDs and the sidebar, and PPC Mac support.