Volunteer Group IM Guidelines/es
Lo que va a continuación son las pautas oficiales a seguir en los MIs del Grupo de Voluntarios:
Please remember, the Mentor Group Instant Message (IM) channel can reach over 1000 people. Make sure to use the channel only for important issues. Questions and concerns that do not need to be broadcast to the whole volunteer group likely should be brought up in a separate communication venue.
Por favor, recuerde que el canal de Mensajes Instantáneos (MI) del Grupo de Mentores puede incluir a más de 1000 personas. Asegúrese de usarlo sólo para cuestiones importantes. Preguntas e intereses que no tienen por qué ser difundidas a todo el grupo, probablemente deban tratarse por un medio de comunicación distinto.
Best Possible Scenarios
- If there has been a question posted and an answer given in the channel, please refrain from further commentary on the topic.
- If your inquiry CAN be answered in IM, it SHOULD be answered in IM.
- If your inquiry CAN be answered in IM, end your message to the Mentor Group IM channel with "IM me please."
- If you CAN reply to an inquiry via IM, you should reply via IM. Chat in the Mentor Group channel should be minimized.
Use the Channel for Helpful Reference
- Do answer questions that appear in channel with a helpful point to the most relevant help resource.
- Do encourage the use of wiki, KB and Pjira often.
- Do contact Linden Support via the Support portal at http://secondlife.com/community/support.php if a Linden is required for support related concerns.
- Do file an Abuse Report via Help->Report Abuse... for abuse, harassment or griefing concerns.
Use the Channel to Rally Volunteers
- Do use the channel if you would like to gather a group of helpers...
- Do use the channel to ask for additional helpers if a volunteer location is very busy.
- Do use the channel if you are seeking a volunteer who speaks a certain language. Only reply to those type messages if you do speak the language.
Use Channel Etiquette
- Do be courteous to your teammates in the group channel.
- Do try to avoid extended conversation...Try other venues for friendly chatter, such as a meetup at SL Volunteer Island.
- Do avoid disputes. Agree to disagree! Please keep debates in Private IMs.
- Do know when less is more....there's no need to respond if your answer is "sorry I don't know"