Beta Server Office Hours/Minutes/2011-11-17

From Second Life Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

This meeting was held on November 17th, 2011

Agenda

  • Welcome to the Server Beta User Group

Updates

  • A calm week.
    • NCW windows.
    • Maintennance periods Friday and Monday.
    • Next week NO USERGROUP MEETING because of the Thanksgiving Holiday.





Upcoming Stuff


Transcript

Transcript of Oskar Linden's Beta Server Office Hour for November 17th, 2011:

  • [15:01] Oskar Linden: Ladies and Gentlemen, prims and scripts
  • [15:02] Rex Cronon: greetins
  • [15:02] Oskar Linden: welcome to the server bet ausers group
  • [15:02] Rex Cronon: greetings:)
  • [15:02] Oskar Linden: how is everyone doing this week?
  • [15:02] Flip Idlemind: Great :D
  • [15:02] Homeless: very good
  • [15:03] Homeless: Tomorrow is the first anniversary of user names going live. Boy does time fly
  • [15:03] Oskar Linden: I think we can wait a minute and let some stragglers show up
  • [15:03] Rex Cronon: u want to make us feel even better:)
  • [15:03] Oskar Linden: oh wow
  • [15:03] Oskar Linden: time does fly
  • [15:03] Lares Carter: doing okay, another busy week
  • [15:03] Oskar Linden: agenda link btw
  • [15:03] Coyot Linden: time flies like an arrow
  • [15:03] Homeless: I've homeless for a year now :D
  • [15:03] Homeless: *I've been
  • [15:03] Coyot Linden: fruit flies like a banana
  • [15:04] Gooden Uggla: 100 yeards then hits the ground?
  • [15:04] Rex Cronon: when u get a home will u change your name?
  • [15:04] Carmilla Linden: hmm, what sort of insecticide do i need to keep away time flies?
  • [15:04] Oskar Linden: heh
  • [15:04] Homeless: I can't change my username
  • [15:04] Oskar Linden: ther eis a pun there somewhere
  • [15:04] Oskar Linden: coyot?
  • [15:04] Coyot Linden: I think a sonic screwdriver works
  • [15:04] Coyot Linden: Oskar: at least two
  • [15:05] Oskar Linden: this is maestro's second week away
  • [15:05] Homeless: I'll never have a home... my main account stole my 512 sq meter allowance
  • [15:05] Oskar Linden: today he is going to see a Cirque du Solei show
  • [15:05] Oskar Linden: IRL
  • [15:05] Gooden Uggla: quick, chan ge the locks
  • [15:05] arton Rotaru: lucky maestro
  • [15:05] Coyot LindenCoyot Linden would prefer Ban du Solei
  • [15:05] Homeless: No Linden Home for me... *sniff*
  • [15:06] Gooden Uggla: coyot loves the saint tropez tan...
  • [15:06] Oskar Linden: the Seattle office had the INCREDIBLY awesome experience of seeing Cirque du Solei's Michale Jackson tribute last Thursday night
  • [15:06] Rex Cronon: at least your main has one
  • [15:06] Oskar Linden: T_T
  • [15:06] Coyot Linden: exactly gooden!
  • [15:06] Oskar LindenOskar Linden slept through the first half
  • [15:06] Coyot Linden: nice catch!
  • [15:06] Oskar Linden: alright we can get this started
  • [15:06] Oskar Linden: agenda: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Beta_Server_Office_Hours
  • [15:06] Oskar Linden: this week was a clam week
  • [15:06] Rex Cronon: u mean it a was a trip organized by the company?
  • [15:06] Oskar Linden: regards to release that is
  • [15:06] Oskar Linden: it was Rex
  • [15:06] Homeless: clam bake?
  • [15:07] Gooden Uggla: you can come to my place, we have some spare saint tropez laying arou nd here somewhere...
  • [15:07] Coyot Linden: s/clam/calm/
  • [15:07] Rex Cronon: nice:)
  • [15:07] Oskar Linden: we've had a few rough weeks so a calm one is nice
  • [15:07] Oskar Linden: as Seattle's Ivar said "Keep Clam"
  • [15:07] Oskar Linden: anyways
  • [15:07] Oskar Linden: the rolls went well this week
  • [15:07] Oskar Linden: the grid did not fight us
  • [15:08] Oskar Linden: speaking of
  • [15:08] Oskar Linden: we have these thigns called NCW No Change Windows
  • [15:08] Flip Idlemind: I hate those
  • [15:08] Oskar Linden: periods of time where we will not modify live code
  • [15:08] Flip Idlemind: But only because I love releases
  • [15:08] Oskar Linden: without vp signoff
  • [15:08] Oskar Linden: we have one for all of next week because of the holidays
  • [15:09] Nalates Urriah: signoff or window?
  • [15:09] Oskar Linden: window
  • [15:09] Oskar Linden: an NCW
  • [15:09] Nalates Urriah: :p
  • [15:09] Oskar Linden: so that means no rolling restarts or new code next week
  • [15:09] Oskar Linden: that also means going an extra week without refreshing restarts
  • [15:09] Oskar Linden: which means more regions acting up and a support headache
  • [15:09] Coyot Linden: um, hold that
  • [15:09] Rex Cronon: btw what caused yesterdays login problems?
  • [15:10] Oskar Linden: erp
  • [15:10] Oskar LindenOskar Linden holds that
  • [15:10] Rex Cronon: i mean tuesdays
  • [15:10] Oskar Linden: not sure Rex
  • [15:10] Coyot Linden: so, there will be a rolling restart tomorrow AM and Wednesday AM
  • [15:10] Homeless: Have a rolling re-start without any new code?
  • [15:10] Coyot Linden: exactly
  • [15:10] Oskar Linden: I was getting to that Coyot
  • [15:10] Coyot Linden: ah
  • [15:10] Coyot Linden: carry on, dir
  • [15:10] Coyot Linden: sir
  • [15:11] Oskar Linden: we blogged that somewhere I thought
  • [15:11] Oskar Linden: can't find it now
  • [15:11] Oskar Linden: this link right Coyot?
  • [15:11] Oskar Linden: http://status.secondlifegrid.net/2011/11/16/post1479/
  • [15:11] Coyot Linden: http://status.secondlifegrid.net/
  • [15:11] Coyot Linden: yeah
  • [15:11] Oskar Linden: but that says tomorrow and Mondaynot Wednesday
  • [15:11] Coyot Linden: urk
  • [15:12] Gooden Uggla: oh geez, maintenence on a friday...
  • [15:12] Oskar Linden: basically what that says is we are going to restart simulators but not update code
  • [15:12] Oskar Linden: that's all it is
  • [15:12] Coyot Linden: right
  • [15:12] Coyot Linden: this is very low risk and I will get the blog fixed.
  • [15:12] Oskar Linden: thanks coyot
  • [15:12] Gooden Uggla: everyone wear your helmets this weekend!
  • [15:12] Oskar Linden: since so many are out this week and we're not doing regular rolling restarts we want to lessen the support load
  • [15:12] Rex Cronon: i don't think we need helmets since there is no code change
  • [15:12] Oskar Linden: so we're restarting simulators
  • [15:13] Oskar Linden: simple as that
  • [15:13] Techwolf Lupindo: So, the rolling restarts without upgrades is to hide the performace proplems after being up for a week?
  • [15:13] Oskar Linden: exactly
  • [15:13] Rex Cronon: u do it to monitor what happens on sim restart?
  • [15:13] Gooden Uggla: lol awesome
  • [15:14] Oskar Linden: while we are talking about next week I will wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving now
  • [15:14] Oskar Linden: there is no UserGroup next Thursday
  • [15:14] Rex Cronon: likewise oskar:)
  • [15:14] Nalates Urriah: thx and may you too be given a big bird
  • [15:14] Oskar Linden: because I will be in my backyard putting fire to a massive dead bird
  • [15:15] Rex Cronon: if u use hot oil to dunk the turkey in, u should be careful
  • [15:15] Coyot Linden: I give Oskar the bird all the time. :P
  • [15:15] Homeless: road kill?
  • [15:15] Oskar Linden: I hope you all know I am thankful for your help and perseverence making SL a better place
  • [15:15] Oskar Linden: <3
  • [15:15] Oskar Linden: and moving right along :-)
  • [15:15] Nalates Urriah: :)
  • [15:15] Gooden Uggla: :)
  • [15:15] Oskar Linden: Second Life Server got the havok updates
  • [15:16] Oskar Linden: but we knew those wer ecoming
  • [15:16] Oskar Linden: BlueSteel last week got some new threaded region crossing code stuff
  • [15:16] Oskar Linden: I invited a special guest today
  • [15:16] Oskar Linden: Carmilla Linden
  • [15:16] Coyot LindenCoyot Linden waves at Carmilla
  • [15:16] Oskar Linden: to talk about those changes
  • [15:16] Nalates Urriah: \o/
  • [15:16] Oskar Linden: Carmilla give a quick introduction please
  • [15:16] Carmilla Linden: okay
  • [15:17] Carmilla Linden: the existing region crossing code is a horrible piece of crap
  • [15:17] Rex Cronon: greetings carmilla
  • [15:17] arton Rotaru: suroris^^
  • [15:17] arton Rotaru: oops surprise*
  • [15:17] Nalates Urriah: HoPC is a tech term I know
  • [15:17] Carmilla Linden: it blocks the whole sim while a cross is in progress, which includes such operations as serializing the agent or object crossing out to disk and then compressing it, which even in the average case takes a large multiple of the normal sim frame time
  • [15:17] Nalates Urriah: HpoC^
  • [15:18] Rex Cronon: it blocks? no wonder of the perfomance
  • [15:18] Carmilla Linden: threaded region cross is an attempt to solve that by moving the region cross jobs into a background thread using a state machine abstraction, where i can mark individual states as non-threadable to force them to run in the main thread when i need to touch shared data structures
  • [15:18] Carmilla Linden: but leave the expensive operations in the threadable states
  • [15:19] arton Rotaru: sounds good
  • [15:19] Carmilla Linden: what's going out this time is phase 1 of threaded region cross, which uses te new infrastructure, but only with one non-threadable state, so it shouldn't change timing much yet
  • [15:19] Rex Cronon: what happens if u have multipple sim crossings of heavily loaded avatars?
  • [15:19] Carmilla Linden: but will get the state machine code tested while i work on the refactoring necessary for phase 2
  • [15:20] Carmilla Linden: well, this only stops it from blocking the whole region
  • [15:20] Carmilla Linden: if your avatar is large, it will be blocked at the border for as long as it takes to send it over
  • [15:20] Techwolf Lupindo: Was the new code in place on the restricted regines for primioums of that new SL game?
  • [15:20] Fancy Greeter: Blake Linden has arrived!
  • [15:20] Oskar Linden: no TL
  • [15:20] Rex Cronon: what game?
  • [15:20] Nalates Urriah: IS this blocking the departs region and arriving region?
  • [15:21] Oskar Linden: this new code is only in BlueSteel right now
  • [15:21] Carmilla Linden: i have some ideas on how to fix that for later on, involving a differential protocol where sims send updates on changes to objects to their neighbors, and then can do an atomic handoff when they're properly synchronized
  • [15:21] Techwolf Lupindo: The crossing on thsot regines was very smooth and some was specuating it was a mega regine or updated code.
  • [15:21] Carmilla Linden: but that's still fairly speculative
  • [15:21] Rex Cronon: AFK...............................
  • [15:21] Rex Cronon: afk
  • [15:21] Carmilla Linden: the blocking currently affects both the sending an dreceiving side
  • [15:21] Nalates Urriah: Thx
  • [15:22] Carmilla Linden: i also built a threaded RPC server mechanism for the receiving side, and will be working on that too
  • [15:23] Techwolf Lupindo: All of this will be good and welcome news to the sailing communites.. Regine crossing got horriable the past few months.
  • [15:23] Carmilla Linden: well, this won't help sailing *yet*
  • [15:23] Carmilla Linden: because the current code is still broken handling seated agents with region cross
  • [15:23] arton Rotaru: it's only avatars?
  • [15:23] arton Rotaru: :(
  • [15:23] Carmilla Linden: that's for a future phase of the region cross project that would have to unify agent and object region crossings
  • [15:24] Carmilla Linden: which are currently completely separate code paths
  • [15:24] Carmilla Linden: and that raises complications when there are multiple seated agents on one object
  • [15:24] arton Rotaru: but that's what we need
  • [15:24] Oskar LindenOskar Linden encourages the use of making your avatar into a boat itself
  • [15:24] Leonel Iceghost: could you try to send first scripts that handle control events so vehicles react faster after crossing, and the load the rest?
  • [15:24] arton Rotaru: vehicle crossing
  • [15:24] Leonel Iceghost: an then*
  • [15:24] Leonel Iceghost: and then* :P
  • [15:24] Carmilla Linden: because right now agent region cross can't proceed until the viewer says that agent has a circuit on the neighboring region
  • [15:24] Flip Idlemind: When you cross regions on an object, doesn't it technically un-seat you, move you and the object separately, and then re-seat you?
  • [15:25] Carmilla Linden: yeah, that's what it does
  • [15:25] Carmilla Linden: that needs to change for it not to suck
  • [15:25] Carmilla Linden: well, right now sending scripts or anything else across the border first is a non-starter because there's no proper cross-border physics
  • [15:26] Carmilla Linden: objects have to be handed off at the same time they're physically at the border
  • [15:26] Carmilla Linden: and collision detection between objects on opposite sides will not work correctly
  • [15:27] Homeless: Is there a way to alert a region next door when you get, say 10 meters close?
  • [15:27] Homeless: and it can start getting ready?
  • [15:27] Oskar Linden: 10 meters doesn't mean you are going to cross
  • [15:27] Homeless: true
  • [15:27] Carmilla Linden: well, there's a solution, but it's complicated and needs the differential region cross/atomic handoffs to work
  • [15:28] Carmilla Linden: which is to do a proper cross-border physics and exchange collision data between regions
  • [15:28] arton Rotaru: want that ^^
  • [15:28] Carmilla Linden: then do the actual handoff wheen the object is sufficiently far into the neighboring region that the region it *was* on desyncs from its physics
  • [15:28] Carmilla Linden: which also potentially reduces the number of handoffs that have to happen for objects crossing corners
  • [15:29] Techwolf Lupindo: Camilla, if you manged to get all of that new code that addresses all the issue of crossing next year, you will be everyone Linden Hero that year.
  • [15:29] Carmilla Linden: in that case, yes, the neighbors would be signalled to sync to the object as it approached the border
  • [15:30] Carmilla Linden: cross-border physics could also let me generalize the concept of 'border'
  • [15:30] Carmilla Linden: which means we could do things like nontrivial topology or wormholes
  • [15:30] Nalates Urriah: o.o
  • [15:30] Techwolf Lupindo: Fully working stargates.
  • [15:30] Rex Cronon: back
  • [15:30] Carmilla Linden: and the necessary mechanism to sync between regions could also include the viewer as a passive participant, so the viewer would be able to predict the physics to some extent
  • [15:31] Rex Cronon: wormholes? that means we can also travel in time:)
  • [15:31] Flip Idlemind: Like, objects could be partially in 2 regions at once, and the two regions wouldn't necessarily have to be adjacent?
  • [15:31] Carmilla Linden: unfortunately no
  • [15:31] Carmilla Linden: you can't do proper relativity in any multiuser simulation because there's no upper bound you can set on the ratio at which different users experience time
  • [15:32] Carmilla Linden: so you might need to make some users slow down by an arbitrarily large factor to have enough information about everyone else's actions
  • [15:32] Carmilla Linden: yes, something like that
  • [15:32] Flip Idlemind: Coolio
  • [15:32] Carmilla Linden: the object would only be in one region at a time as far as the LLTask is concerned
  • [15:32] Carmilla Linden: but it could physically extend across a border and the physics would behave correctly
  • [15:32] Flip Idlemind: Oh, yeah, it would only "be" in 1 region, but it could have, I guess, a physical presence in two
  • [15:33] Carmilla Linden: yeah
  • [15:33] Carmilla Linden: anyway, the cross-border physics stuff is till somewhat far off and speculative
  • [15:34] Oskar Linden: cool
  • [15:34] Carmilla Linden: it needs the differential region crossing with atomic handoffs as a prerequisite, i think
  • [15:34] Oskar Linden: any final questions for Carmilla?
  • [15:34] arton Rotaru: however, I think it has to be done. the sooner the better
  • [15:34] Coyot Linden: What is the average wingspeed...
  • [15:34] Homeless: I'm not too sure I understand what atomic means in this context
  • [15:35] Coyot Linden: *BOOM*
  • [15:35] Oskar LindenOskar Linden muzzles coyot
  • [15:35] Carmilla Linden: meaning that to everything outside the region crossing code, the handoff would look instantaneous
  • [15:35] Homeless: ok I got it now. thx
  • [15:35] Rex Cronon: if u have mutliple persons sitting on the same vehicle, and if one of them can't be traffered,does that mean the others will have to wait for that one person?
  • [15:35] Carmilla Linden: the sim would start the transer based on some criterion like proxmity to the border, and whenever the object got changed, it'd send the neighbor an update
  • [15:35] Flip Idlemind: I love how much this meeting feels like a quantum mechanics lesson
  • [15:35] Rex Cronon: transffered*
  • [15:36] Carmilla Linden: yeah, that's one of the issues is what happens when there are multiple seated agents and one fails to establish a circuit to the neighboring region
  • [15:36] Gooden Uggla: yes, i have a question, will more work on the serialize/deserialize sim freezes take place?
  • [15:36] Carmilla Linden: right now that blocks an agent region cross
  • [15:36] Gooden Uggla: the freezes are a b it worse lately...
  • [15:36] Carmilla Linden: there won't be any more sim freezes fairly soon
  • [15:36] Oskar Linden: it's probably tied to the kernel upgrades for which we have a new one coming
  • [15:36] Carmilla Linden: once the initial threaded region cross work is done, it'll just block the one agent
  • [15:36] Leonel Iceghost: is anything else being sent other than physics info to the viewers when crossing?
  • [15:37] Carmilla Linden: yeah, the entire serialized agent, which can be arbitrarily large
  • [15:37] Gooden Uggla: yes flip, how much multiuser relativity can you put in a box with nerve gas and a cat?
  • [15:37] Pauline Darkfury: What sort of timescale have you got for the new kernel? Is that expected to fix the odd performance issues seen on some heavier regions?
  • [15:37] Carmilla Linden: i had to completely redesign the LLTaskInventory structure last year after some hideous object with 47,000 inventroy items turned up that would have taken over a thousand years for he content management scan with the old, non-indexed version
  • [15:37] Carmilla Linden: that one serialized out to something like 350M of LLSD
  • [15:38] Gooden Uggla: thanks carmilla, we'll start making your statue
  • [15:38] Oskar Linden: I expect the new kernel will fix a lot of ills
  • [15:38] Oskar Linden: thank you carmilla
  • [15:38] Rex Cronon: 47k items? lol
  • [15:38] Carmilla Linden: yeah
  • [15:38] Pauline Darkfury: And, sorry if this question was addressed earlier, but Aditi wouldn't let me login properly, so I missed the start. Are we expecting any improvements other than regions getting stuck offline, from the hardware maint tomorrow & Monday?
  • [15:38] Carmilla Linden: thousands of copies of the same two dozen or so, too
  • [15:38] Oskar Linden: I remember that bug
  • [15:38] Rex Cronon: was the owner trying to crash a sim?
  • [15:39] Jonathan Yap: Oskar, I was a late arrival too--would you post the agenda link again please?
  • [15:39] Oskar Linden: Pauline the region maintennance is nothing more than a simulator restart
  • [15:39] Oskar Linden: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Server_Beta_User_Group
  • [15:39] Pauline Darkfury: Yup, but more what it's fixing. It will only fix cases of regions getting stuck offline, not any general performance stuff?
  • [15:40] Gooden Uggla: pauline the estate owners are restarting their sims to keep up performance, sound familiar?
  • [15:40] Gooden Uggla: :)
  • [15:40] Oskar Linden: that's it
  • [15:40] Carmilla Linden: i don't know what the motive behind that was; i redesigned LLTaskInventory using a custom AVL tree instead of an std::vector, and added indexing on item name and asset ID, which cut the offending algorithm down from cubic time to O(n*log^2(n)) and then ran in 18 seconds
  • [15:40] Oskar Linden: I'll have the notes from the meeting up soon
  • [15:40] Pauline Darkfury: Yup, I've been dealing with perf issues on over 250 regions myself…
  • [15:40] Leonel Iceghost: Camilla why it sends the whole serialized avatar to the viewer? can't it send only the necessary?
  • [15:40] Carmilla Linden: but large objects like that are also a potentially nasty problem with region cross
  • [15:40] Carmilla Linden: it doesn't send them to the viewer
  • [15:40] Carmilla Linden: it has to send them to the neighboring region
  • [15:40] Pauline Darkfury: Not all of them with issues, but an annoyingly large number with odd issues
  • [15:40] Rex Cronon: it is passing ave info to the sim u r going to
  • [15:41] Flip Idlemind: 18 seconds down from a thousand years?
  • [15:41] Oskar Linden: that's a good improvement
  • [15:41] Carmilla Linden: and to avoid a perceivable block it'd have to do it in less than one sim frame
  • [15:41] Carmilla Linden: which is only 22 milliseconds or so
  • [15:41] Oskar Linden: while we are speaking of the kernel upgrades I have a question to ask
  • [15:41] arton Rotaru: make it happen pls :)
  • [15:42] Oskar Linden: we need to make a new micro channel to test the kernel upgrades
  • [15:42] Oskar Linden: we're taking a portion of the main channel
  • [15:42] Flip Idlemind: And you want us to vote on a name?
  • [15:42] Oskar Linden: and we wanted to create a subset to test just the kernel upgrade
  • [15:42] Oskar Linden: no cide
  • [15:42] Oskar Linden: well
  • [15:43] Coyot Linden: We should call it 486 since it is a microchannel architecture
  • [15:43] Oskar Linden: we were going to call it "Second_Life Server" so people didn't freak out about being put on a new channel
  • [15:43] Oskar Linden: but I started to worry about that
  • [15:43] Homeless: you could call it "homeless"
  • [15:43] Oskar Linden: I think calling the channel that will break things I don't know about
  • [15:43] Oskar Linden: do you know of any external resi tools that rely on that being "Second Life Server" without the _
  • [15:43] Rex Cronon: just "486 chip" might be just fine:)
  • [15:44] Flip Idlemind: Or, or
  • [15:44] Flip Idlemind: you could call it
  • [15:44] Flip Idlemind: Popcorn
  • [15:44] Oskar Linden: ok ok you guys are being no help :-p
  • [15:44] Kadah Coba: Call it "Second Life RC ElTuna"
  • [15:44] Techwolf Lupindo: Most content creaters hide there server code from users, So users don't know about how the tool works.
  • [15:44] Coyot LindenCoyot Linden believes that popcorn is a violation of the Geneva Conventions
  • [15:45] Flip Idlemind: Cuz of popcorn Kernel, get it?
  • [15:45] Nalates Urriah: lol.... that'll teach you to ask a serious question
  • [15:45] Flip Idlemind: And also, you've already made one called "Snack"
  • [15:45] Flip Idlemind: Is it such a stretch
  • [15:45] Oskar Linden: I've got enough info to know it will break some stuff but not sure the scope
  • [15:45] Oskar Linden: it's a bit of a PR storm anytime we put people on new channels though
  • [15:45] Coyot Linden: It's a greenish fluid
  • [15:45] Oskar Linden: even if it's better for them
  • [15:45] Oskar Linden: but the PR storm is better than the PR storm from breaking a ton of stuff
  • [15:46] Rex Cronon: if the number 486 will be part of its name, than it could give some clue of how it works
  • [15:46] Oskar Linden: alright. moving on
  • [15:46] Kadah Coba: You can put my region on that channel if you like, not that it gets much of any traffic :o
  • [15:46] Coyot Linden: haha
  • [15:46] Flip Idlemind: Yes, moving on. (But I still vote for Popcorn)
  • [15:46] Oskar Linden: LeTigre has the same maint-server as before
  • [15:46] Oskar Linden: nothing new to see there
  • [15:46] Oskar Linden: Magnum has a new project though
  • [15:46] Oskar Linden: ooooh shiny
  • [15:46] Coyot Linden: move along, move along
  • [15:47] Oskar Linden: we've moved mutelist functionality out of the simulator into the People API
  • [15:47] Pauline Darkfury: Oskar, an emphatic "NO" from me on calling it "Second_Life Server". It's already hard enough to keep track of channels. Just be transparent and honest about it, make it obvious.
  • [15:47] Jonathan Yap: Is the people API web-based?
  • [15:47] Flame of Jira: Status 404
  • [15:47] Rex Cronon: does that mean people will be muted if u r in the same group chat?
  • [15:48] Oskar Linden: it means that the people api will control and track those changes instead of the simulator
  • [15:48] Oskar Linden: so web features will respect the mutelist
  • [15:49] Gooden Uggla: call it the "enchilada" channel
  • [15:49] Oskar Linden: any new feature that ties into the People API will know who is and isn't muted
  • [15:49] Flip Idlemind: Like the feed on web profiles?
  • [15:49] Jonathan Yap: Oskar, is there some place we can test this change?
  • [15:49] Techwolf Lupindo: Does this mean profiles will be broken or does this just affects the mutelist?
  • [15:49] Oskar Linden: "Second Life Server FriedChicken"
  • [15:49] Gooden Uggla: because you're going to test the whole enchilada
  • [15:49] Oskar Linden: get it... Kernel Sanders
  • [15:49] Oskar Linden: :-p
  • [15:49] Kadah Coba: I like it :3
  • [15:50] Techwolf Lupindo: Not everyone has downgraded to web profiles yet.
  • [15:50] Oskar Linden: no in world functionality changes
  • [15:50] Kadah Coba: LFK, Linden Fried Kernel
  • [15:50] Oskar Linden: it's cleaning house basically and putting mutelist functionality where it should be
  • [15:50] Oskar Linden: in the People API
  • [15:50] Kadah Coba: Sounds good
  • [15:51] Jonathan Yap: Can we test this change yet or have to wait a bit?
  • [15:51] Techwolf Lupindo: Ok. But is the API to get the mute list from the viewer side changing?
  • [15:51] Oskar Linden: the changes are in Magnum but disabled
  • [15:51] Oskar Linden: it needs to be enabled once the code is on the entire grid
  • [15:51] Jonathan Yap: No place on aditi has the change ?
  • [15:51] Oskar Linden: I don't know
  • [15:51] Oskar Linden: o.O
  • [15:52] Jonathan Yap: Maybe you can set one up ?
  • [15:52] Oskar Linden: I'll see what I can do
  • [15:52] Oskar Linden: I have one last thing to talk about and then Coyot has a demo
  • [15:52] Oskar Linden: actually I have 2 more things
  • [15:52] Oskar Linden: thanks to everyone who helped with inventory testing
  • [15:52] Oskar Linden: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/InventoryBetaTest
  • [15:52] Coyot Linden: I thought the kernel was the preimage of the identity under the group homomorphism
  • [15:53] Coyot Linden: anyway
  • [15:53] Oskar Linden: we found a LOT of bugs
  • [15:53] Oskar Linden: including many exising bugs
  • [15:53] Oskar Linden: and a few security issues
  • [15:53] Oskar Linden: so kudos all around
  • [15:53] Oskar Linden: a lot of the bugs have been fixed
  • [15:53] Oskar Linden: if you haven't gone out and poked the regions to see if you could uncover any inv bugs I encourage you to
  • [15:53] Oskar Linden: details here: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/InventoryBetaTest
  • [15:54] Oskar Linden: one upcoming change we have is in the drtsim-111 code
  • [15:54] Oskar Linden: we have a fix for SCR-37
  • [15:54] Flame of Jira: [#SCR-37] llGiveMoney() method needs a money_given() event handler. https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SCR-37
  • [15:54] Oskar Linden: which I am sure will be VERY welcome
  • [15:54] arton Rotaru: I like the other fixes in that branch more
  • [15:55] Oskar Linden: Sandbox Waterton has DRTSIM-111 now
  • [15:55] arton Rotaru: pls roll it out as soon a spossible :p
  • [15:55] arton Rotaru: -s
  • [15:55] Coyot Linden: can't roll out everything at once. ;)
  • [15:55] Oskar Linden: I don't have more details but I will get them to you
  • [15:55] Oskar Linden: slowly but surely arton
  • [15:55] Oskar Linden: ok Coyot
  • [15:55] Coyot Linden: ty
  • [15:55] Oskar Linden: last 5 minutes are yours
  • [15:55] Coyot Linden: So, as you may know
  • [15:56] Coyot Linden: if you join SL these days
  • [15:56] Flip Idlemind: I think this will improve scripted vendors. But so would a way to request someone's key by their name (like llName2Key or the dataserver equivalent)
  • [15:56] Coyot Linden: the website has a carosel
  • [15:56] Pauline Darkfury: What about the broken posJump behaviour (can't posJump within a no-object-entry parcel)?
  • [15:56] Coyot Linden: of new avatars for you to choose from
  • [15:56] Coyot Linden: we've got some more to add to the list
  • [15:57] Pauline Darkfury: SVC-7265 if memory serves
  • [15:57] Flame of Jira: [#SVC-7265] PosJump breaks if object-entry is disabled https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7265
  • [15:57] Coyot Linden: now there are vampires and werewolves
  • [15:57] Coyot Linden: for example:
  • [15:57] Leonel Iceghost: oh Puline, since when :(
  • [15:57] Pauline Darkfury: since a month or so ago
  • [15:58] Coyot Linden: this is one of the new wolves
  • [15:58] Leonel Iceghost: then I got some things broken
  • [15:58] Homeless: did you make it?
  • [15:58] Coyot Linden: no
  • [15:58] Pauline Darkfury: not being able to posjump from outside the parcel into it would be expected behaviour, but posJump inside it is something that is very much needed
  • [15:58] Coyot Linden: we got in-world content creators to do it
  • [15:58] WolfPup Lowenhar: looks like a mesh made WW
  • [15:58] arton Rotaru: rigged mesh ? :p
  • [15:59] Coyot Linden: changing to another one now
  • [15:59] Oskar Linden: coyot. your lycan has breasts
  • [15:59] arton Rotaru: lol yeah
  • [15:59] Coyot Linden: so?
  • [15:59] Homeless: must be female
  • [15:59] WolfPup Lowenhar: ya i think he loaded the female version of it
  • [15:59] Oskar Linden: I never knew how good you could look wiath substatntial mammaries
  • [15:59] Coyot Linden: are you saying there aren't any female werewolves
  • [15:59] Coyot Linden: ?
  • [16:00] Coyot Linden: haha
  • [16:00] Coyot Linden: This is a wolf form
  • [16:00] Oskar Linden: it was very capitoline of you
  • [16:00] Techwolf Lupindo: Is that aviable in the LIb?
  • [16:01] Coyot Linden: anyway, these should all be in your libraries
  • [16:01] Gooden UgglaGooden Uggla is glad he's in phoenix
  • [16:01] Coyot Linden: clothes/initial outfits/...
  • [16:01] WolfPup Lowenhar: that is an exclent question TechWolf
  • [16:01] Oskar Linden: aww can't see the meshes?
  • [16:01] Techwolf Lupindo: I"me in firestorm, but phoenix will work with those too.
  • [16:01] Techwolf Lupindo: Due to release soon.....
  • [16:01] Gooden Uggla: i must need to update
  • [16:01] Rex Cronon: i g2g. bey
  • [16:01] Gooden Uggla: ah, ok
  • [16:01] Oskar Linden: thanks everyone for coming
  • [16:02] Gooden UgglaGooden Uggla recently switched over from snowglobe
  • [16:02] Oskar Linden: I hoped you enjoyed the show and tell
  • [16:02] Gooden Uggla: quite nice, thank s
  • [16:02] Flip Idlemind: See you all the next time I see you all :D
  • [16:02] arton Rotaru: yep, very informative
  • [16:02] Techwolf Lupindo: I'me suprized LL is suporting deforms. That quad wolf must be using deforms to work right.
  • [16:02] arton Rotaru: and thank you Carmilla for your explanations and good luck
  • [16:02] Oskar Linden: thanks Carmilla!
  • [16:02] Coyot Linden: +1
  • [16:02] Grid Crash Protection Box: Yuzuru Jewell, you are now shielded from the effects of any Grid crashes which might occur!
  • [16:03] Grid Crash Protection Box: Yuzuru Jewell, you are no longer protected from the vagaries of the Grid - beware!
  • [16:03] Gooden Uggla: thank carmilla for confusing the heck outta me
  • [16:03] Oskar Linden: haha
  • [16:03] Pauline Darkfury: Thanks, Lindens, have a good one
  • [16:03] Techwolf Lupindo: That wolf has a bloody muzzle. Deosnt' LL know wolves are NOT evil?
  • [16:03] Gooden Uggla: it's a werewolf
  • [16:03] arton Rotaru: how about some adult pornstar AVs :P
  • [16:03] Coyot Linden: Speak for yourself. ;)
  • [16:04] Oskar Linden: it's raspberry jam
  • [16:04] Gooden Uggla: evil by nature
  • [16:04] Gooden Uggla: because it's part man!
  • [16:04] Homeless: Wolves are carnivores and messy eaters
  • [16:04] Oskar Linden: have a good weekend everyone
  • [16:04] Oskar Linden: see you in two weeks!
  • [16:04] Techwolf Lupindo: Nah, they use there tounge to clean up there muzzle, blood on muzzle only lasts a few seconds.
  • [16:04] Coyot Linden: bye!
  • [16:04] arton Rotaru: thx you too
  • [16:04] arton Rotaru: bye
  • [16:04] Homeless: cya then!
  • [16:05] Techwolf LupindoTechwolf Lupindo grins