Community Tools User Group/3-Mar-2011

From Second Life Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[12:58] Amanda Linden: cool. we'll wait a couple of mins for more folks to come in.
[12:58] Mags Indigo: Hi Suspiria and Venus and everyone
[12:59] Mags Indigo: /me kicks the sofa
[12:59] Amanda Linden: so lemme grab the agenda. pretty open today...
[12:59] bob Iwashi: /me shouts "yoohoo jezza" to jeremy "thanks for the flowers"
[12:59] bob Iwashi has pinged you.
[13:00] Amanda Linden: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Community_Tools_User_Group
[13:00] Jeremy Linden: Flowers?
[13:00] DogWomble Dollinger: speaking of which bob
[13:00] DogWomble Dollinger: that might work a little of you moved it up a little
[13:00] DogWomble Dollinger: it's attached just a little bit under your mouth
[13:00] DogWomble Dollinger: :P
[13:00] bob Iwashi: hehe
[13:00] bob Iwashi: i'm actually wuiet jealous of the linens this week
[13:00] bob Iwashi: lindens*
[13:01] Cummere Mayo: back
[13:01] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): welcome back :)
[13:01] Amanda Linden: so, anything else to add to the agenda? otherwise, would love to talk about the new platform and get your take....
[13:01] Amanda Linden: what do you guys like most about the enw platform?
[13:01] DogWomble Dollinger: hello raymond!
[13:01] Amanda Linden: let's start witht e positive!

??? [13:01]

[13:01] Cummere Mayo: making a couple last moment edits
[13:01] bob Iwashi: /me is in court tomorrow after an assault at work (i am a witness) but those guysd can just ban somebody, harder for me
[13:01] Raymond Linden: Hi All!
[13:01] Lisa Fossett: At first glance....I like it
[13:01] Mags Indigo: me too

??? [13:02]

[13:02] Lisa Fossett: Navigated fairly easily
[13:02] Venus Petrov: same
[13:02] Mags Indigo: a few wee buggy things

??? [13:02] ??? [13:02]

[13:02] Mags Indigo: but overall first impressions are good
[13:02] Ishtar Roussel: I like there are a lot more features, eg macros
[13:02] Lisa Fossett: I daresay almost intuitively...
[13:02] Daniel Voyager: It's nice!
[13:02] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman) I like that I figured out how to make a badge :)
[13:02] Amanda Linden: nice.
[13:02] Cummere Mayo: first glance its actually better then i feared, downside is theres some stuff that really needs addressed quickly
[13:02] Mags Indigo: hi Suella
[13:02] Tha Torley (torley.linden): friendly greetings! :D
[13:02] Venus Petrov: hey Suella
[13:02] Flimsey Freenote: our team all liked it, seems much easier for new users
[13:02] Suella Ember: hello all!
[13:02] I have seen some really cool looking custom badges already!
[13:02] Mags Indigo: hey Torley
[13:02] DogWomble Dollinger: hi torley
[13:02] Hi Torley :)
[13:02] Amanda Linden: for those just joining we're talking about stuff that folks like in the new community platform.
[13:02] Daniel Voyager: Hey Torley! :)
[13:02] Venus Petrov: /me hands Suella a piece of cheese
[13:02] Lisa Fossett: Could not find where to sign back up for the RSS, though

??? [13:02]

[13:02] Amanda Linden: then we'll get to feedback/how to improve.
[13:03] Raymond Linden: Yeah, great looking badges!
[13:03] Amanda Linden: so, first up--more likes....
[13:03] Amanda Linden: :)
[13:03] Venus Petrov: i liked that there is moderation
[13:03] Amanda Linden: yep, me too! :)
[13:03] Mags Indigo: hmmm - I like that it's easy to navigate
[13:03] Mags Indigo: I like the badges etc
[13:03] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman) I´m happy that there´s still a german forum :)
[13:03] Amanda Linden: :)
[13:03] Cummere Mayo: its fast, the share widget implementation should be made more like that throughout the rest of sl
[13:03] Mags Indigo: and the new Off Topic is great
[13:03] Lisa Fossett: I like it's all on one page
[13:03] Amanda Linden: glad you like mags. we got lots of requests on that one.
[13:03] Lisa Fossett: you can see all the major categories
[13:03] Venus Petrov: here here for Off Topic!!
[13:04] Fritz Linden: RSS feeds are found by clicking the Blog Options or Article options dropdown in the upperleft just under the header/breadcrumbs
[13:04] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman) yah, I found the OT forum after being pointed there :)
[13:04] Flimsey Freenote: i really liked the sharing blog posts and things with facebook etc
[13:04] Ishtar Roussel: I like that instant messages are back and clicky siggy pics!
[13:04] Lisa Fossett: Things seem to be in their appropriate categories and cross-reference logically
[13:04] Amanda Linden: cool...
[13:04] Mags Indigo: oh I like the messages thingy
[13:04] Amanda Linden: thanks lisa--we worked a lot on the organization.
[13:04] Cummere Mayo: i love how only the blog posts etc are shareable though :)
[13:04] Lord of Dee (ciaran.laval): The structure is impressive
[13:04] Amanda Linden: :)
[13:04] Lisa Fossett: And I thought my message from Lexie was cute <winks>
[13:04] Flimsey Freenote: hehe same Cummere
[13:04] Tha Torley (torley.linden): how have your experiences been with the unified search so far?
[13:04] Lisa Fossett: I assume all users got messages...
[13:04] Raymond Linden: I wanted to say thanks for all the feedback yesterday!
[13:04] Cummere Mayo: hey torley
[13:05] Cummere Mayo: hit or miss
[13:05] Amanda Linden: good q torley...
[13:05] Lord of Dee (ciaran.laval): Haven't found the need to use it yet
[13:05] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman) haven´t used search yet, I found everything intuitively
[13:05] Mags Indigo: /me wonders when we get to talk about a wish list
[13:05] Mags Indigo: :-)
[13:05] Amanda Linden: wow--that's cool torben.
[13:05] Cummere Mayo: its better then the past search engine, but relevancy still sucks, and it still brings up stuff it shouldnt at all
[13:05] Amanda Linden: wish list is coming up next mags.
[13:05] Lisa Fossett: <---hasn't checked search yet
[13:05] Ishtar Roussel: used search once so far, was looking for a particular post on how to make clickable signatures from a year ago, and found it easily
[13:05] Flimsey Freenote: search is very fast, google would be jealous
[13:06] Mags Indigo: /me blushes - is a bit impatient
[13:06] Venus Petrov: /me pokes Mags and whispers 'You're Irish'

??? [13:06]

[13:06] Mags Indigo: ack that's supposed to be a secret...
[13:06] Venus Petrov: /me snorts
[13:06] Mags Indigo: looks down - hides the rugby shirt
[13:06] Suella Ember: /me chortles to herself having just noticed Torley's hand puppets!
[13:06] Tha Torley (torley.linden): i've found the search autocomplete very useful so far... after some Resis asked about "what are macros?" it was very easy to retrieve that info, i did a blog post covering that earlier today. just search for "macro"!
[13:07] Macros are a very good feature
[13:07] Lisa Fossett: Oh, liked also the short explanations in the areas like settings...helped me figure out some stuff :)
[13:07] Mags Indigo: the settings are mostly very cool
[13:07] Venus Petrov: Community Help is very helpful
[13:07] Tha Torley (torley.linden): haha glad you like 'em Suella, they're a consequence of having visited a bizarre art show... one thing leads to the next and now my hands do the talking!
[13:07] Techwolf Lupindo: I just got done looking at the new blog/etc site. It still have the same problem of the last site I pointed out last time. 50% of the web page is nothing but white space. I have to scroll forever to read the comments on a post.
[13:08] Suella Ember: hehe - not to go too far off topic - but you have to let me know where to get them or who the creator is torley :)
[13:08] Lisa Fossett: Some of the embellishments don't ring my bell; I don't care about fancy tags and such...but some folks like that stuff
[13:08] Raymond Linden: There were also a lot of comments yesterday regarding a Threaded view in the Forums. If you have not seen it already, Torley created a tutorial on how to set up Threaded view
[13:08] Cummere Mayo: thats one of my complaints as well
[13:08] Mags Indigo: ohhh - cool and thanks again Torley
[13:08] Tha Torley (torley.linden): aye, full threaded view text and video instructions: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Tips-and-Tricks/QUICKTIP-How-to-View-Threaded-Forum-Posts/ba-p/711369
[13:08] Ishtar Roussel: I saw that tuturial and the macro one, excellent
[13:08] Amanda Linden: what complaint cummere?
[13:08] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman) o.O I better secretly remove that from the agenda
[13:08] Cummere Mayo: too much whitespace
[13:09] Techwolf Lupindo: I, and many others, spent $$$ on a new wide screen monitor and can't even use it on the new site.
[13:09] Amanda Linden: ah, in the comments--in between comments.
[13:09] Amanda Linden: ??
[13:09] Cummere Mayo: it doesnt even display properly on some brwosers on some resolutions becuase of that
[13:09] Cummere Mayo: all the way around
[13:09] Mags Indigo: what doesn't?

??? [13:09]

[13:09] Ov Dos Hat Sculpted Load Balanced New texture: /me community.secondlife.com Introduction - Second Life Website Tutorial
[13:09] Raymond Linden: Are there specific sections where there is a lot of white space?
[13:09] Cummere Mayo: aroudn comments, between differant frames, etc
[13:10] Raymond Linden: ok
[13:10] Techwolf Lupindo: Raymond, give me about 10 minutes and i'll have a couple screen shots for you.
[13:10] Raymond Linden: sweet - thanks Techwolf
[13:10] Tha Torley (torley.linden): screen shots have been very useful for helping us identify problems :)
[13:10] Raymond Linden: Yes!!!
[13:10] Suella Ember: Is that whitespace problem browser specific?
[13:10] DogWomble Dollinger: techwolf, if you want to link me up with something that gives problems with different resolutions, i've got dual monitor here (16:9 & 4:3)
[13:10] Suella Ember: i havent seen it as a problem with Chrome
[13:10] that gives me somthing to do some more testing on
[13:10] Cummere Mayo: for me it doesnt seem to like ie or the inworld browser much
[13:10] Amanda Linden: that would be great dogwomble.
[13:11] Tha Torley (torley.linden): if any of you are looking for a good screen capture tool, try cross-platform http://www.techsmith.com/jing/ on Mac there's http://skitch.com/
[13:11] Mags Indigo: I'm on chrome and I'm not sure what the problem is so I guess chrome doesn't have it
[13:11] Suella Ember: Jing is cool - started using that recently too
[13:11] Mags Indigo: or (unthinkably) I'm too dense to notice
[13:11] Suella Ember: hehe - well im too dense too then Mags :)
[13:11] Suella Ember: but yeah - chrome sems to be ok
[13:11] Amanda Linden: what other things are you guys noticing that we should fix/enhance? (here comes the wish list)
[13:12] Lisa Fossett: As I said, I couldn't find where to sign up for RSS
[13:12] Lord of Dee (ciaran.laval): Is there a way of keeping the private forum list open?
[13:12] Mags Indigo: ohhh - well some of the grey writing is hard for oldies like me to read
[13:12] Suella Ember: I have a bit of a concern about the whole layot of answers but rather than detail it all here i have put it down in the Answers feedback thread so you can see it there :)
[13:12] Tha Torley (torley.linden): grey writing where, Mags? in the rich text editor or elsewhere?
[13:12] Cummere Mayo: okay well... if you refresh your agend ayoull see some of my comments
[13:12] Lexie (lexie.linden): Thanks Suella!
[13:13] Raymond Linden: Hey Mags - we updated some of the light gray text yesterday, but there are probably some other sections where it can be updated. Can you shoot me some specifics
[13:13] Mags Indigo: I guess - I'm a wee bit thick about stuff like this so apologies in advance
[13:13] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): Why don´t replies show who the poster replies to?
[13:13] Lisa Fossett: I noticed something today within the Wiki pages themselves. On the left menu, there's two links to Editing Guidelines
[13:13] Mags Indigo: but in the threads the date/time of posts etc are in light grey print
[13:13] Ishtar Roussel: The Land For Sale section needs sub sections for different types of sims - mainland, estate and homestead. It is very hard for people to find the type of land they are looking for with them all mixed in together, especially for newer people who don't know there are different types.
[13:13] Mags Indigo: some other places too
[13:13] Mags Indigo: I find it hard to see
[13:14] Raymond Linden: Ok Mags - thanks
[13:14] Amanda Linden: good suggestion ishtar.
[13:14] Mags Indigo: but it might just be me
[13:14] Suella Ember: actually yeah - i agree it would be nice if replies showed who we replied to with a link like Jive did (see Jive did do *some* things right! lol)
[13:14] Amanda Linden: torben--yeah...
[13:14] Lexie (lexie.linden): hehe
[13:14] Mags Indigo: I'd really like some way of seeing who is being replied to too
[13:14] Amanda Linden: and suella... is that the threaded string issue?
[13:14] Tha Torley (torley.linden): in the meantime for tracking conversation order, you can try threaded/topic mode and see if it's amenable to your preferences
[13:14] Mags Indigo: /me nods
[13:14] Amanda Linden: yeah, good q.
[13:15] Amanda Linden: check out torley's post on that today in tips/tricks.
[13:15] Venus Petrov: While I love that an Off Topic subforum has been added, could we have an Adult-Only subforum? Perhaps limited to residents who are age-verified?
[13:15] Amanda Linden: it's an individual preference thing.
[13:15] Tha Torley (torley.linden): My Settings > Preferences > Display > Format for displaying posts = Show all posts in a topic <—threaded
[13:15] Cummere Mayo: speaking of preferences ...
[13:15] Mags Indigo: I like that idea Venus - hope it might be doable
[13:15] Amanda Linden: fritz, is that even possible re: venus?
[13:15] Suella Ember: Ummm - well not exactly Amanada. I actually prefer flat view myself but, I'd like to be able to see directly who i replied to with a link to that persons name that jumps back to their post. Does that make sense? Its the way flat view worked in Jive essentially
[13:15] Techwolf Lupindo: Raymond, http://gentoo.techwolf.net/snapshot/
[13:16] Raymond Linden: Great, thanks
[13:16] Venus Petrov: should be able to do ..you have our names ㋡
[13:16] Amanda Linden: ah, the flat view. so if i reply to your comment, it should say "in response to suella ember" right?
[13:16] Tha Torley (torley.linden): Techwolf, it seems you'd prefer fluid-width rather than fixed-width layout? is that accurate?
[13:16] DogWomble Dollinger: raymond, i'll ahve another for you in a sec
[13:16] Suella Ember: yes thats right Amanda :)
[13:16] Mags Indigo: Venus' idea would mean that the general forums would be kept clear of any 'edgy' stuff
[13:16] Amanda Linden: good question for the rest of the team...
[13:16] Venus Petrov: exactly
[13:17] Venus Petrov: and the adult industry in SL has a place..why not reflect on the forum?
[13:17] Raymond Linden: ok, we'll look into
[13:17] Mags Indigo: and I agree with Suella too
[13:17] Mags Indigo: as well
[13:17] Amanda Linden: well, we can def set up a private forum....
[13:17] Mags Indigo: :-)
[13:17] Rand (rand.linden): Lisa: Thx for catching that. I will fix the dup link it right away
[13:17] Venus Petrov: awesome
[13:17] Suella Ember: i guess the issue is that we all have different preferences for the way we want it displayed and its a fine balance between giving lots of display choices vs confusing people with too many choices though!
[13:17] Mags Indigo: wow
[13:17] Venus Petrov: private would work if i can get in lol
[13:17] Amanda Linden: :) lemem talk to blondin about it. he runs the adult community.
[13:18] Cummere Mayo: okay theres too many people here for me to easily pass this screen though to
[13:18] Venus Petrov: cool, thank you
[13:18] Amanda Linden: sure thing venus.
[13:18] Cummere Mayo: raymond can you discribute it for me?
[13:18] Mags Indigo: I miss Blondin - he was quite cool when I was an adult
[13:18] Lord of Dee (ciaran.laval): Is there any way of keeping the private forum list open? It defaults to closed whenever I click the forums link.
[13:18] Suella Ember: we need a slideshow screen :)
[13:18] Mags Indigo: err.. that sounded odd but - when I lived in Zindra
[13:18] DogWomble Dollinger: Raymond ->> http://home.exetel.com.au/dogwomble/Community1.png that's my PC with 16:9 and :3 side by side
[13:19] Techwolf Lupindo: html/web != pdf. I remember in the earrly days where some though the web/html was desktop publishing and though html was layout code. While html has mature to make site more pretty and adaptiable without using hardcoded layout, it seem today a lot of sites are upgrading to this fixed with narrow mode that breaks a lot of browers out there.
[13:19] Cummere Mayo: is the support portal part of the new community system?
[13:19] Raymond Linden: The Support Portal is tied into the Community System
[13:19] Amanda Linden: it's conencted. think that the support portal was also updated yseterday
[13:20] Techwolf Lupindo: Viewing the site on a moble phone, broken. Vieweing the site on a modern computer, broken. Viewing the site on an old 1024x768 computer, ok.
[13:20] Tha Torley (torley.linden): Techwolf, are you familiar with Greasemonkey? in the meantime i wonder if there's a userscript that can modify that for you. i know with the previous Jive forums, some people coded and shared scripts to change web display
[13:20] Suella Ember: just looked at that pic - I have 16:9 too and dont have all that white space with chrome, so i think its def browser specific
[13:20] Cummere Mayo: good brb while i make another screen
[13:20] DogWomble Dollinger: qwell the way i see it from mine, it works better at 4:3 than it does at 16:9
[13:21] Techwolf Lupindo: While I do have the skills to fix it with hacks, my question in reponce to that: Why do I have to fix the site?
[13:21] Marianne McCann: /me has to agree with that
[13:21] Tha Torley (torley.linden): also, context: part of why the community site is fixed-width is skinning thematically consistent with the rest of secondlife.com (if you visit the front page)
[13:21] draconis.neurocam (draconis.neurocam): i noticed when i look at my badge settings in the forums, it says i Registered: 05-17-2009 yet i made my account on October 29, 2005, is there a reason for the difference?
[13:22] Marianne McCann: Darconis, I wondered that as well.
[13:22] Lord of Dee (ciaran.laval): The Jive forums used your date when your forum account was created
[13:22] Suella Ember: i thnk those dates are from jive - when we first used the jive forum
[13:22] Suspiria (suspiria.finucane): I have a similar issue with wrong dates
[13:22] Amanda Linden: that's probably when the forums were created.
[13:22] Amanda Linden: it's not your resi birthday
[13:22] Raymond Linden: yes
[13:22] draconis.neurocam (draconis.neurocam): ah
[13:22] Amanda Linden: good question!
[13:22] Fritz Linden: sorry was getting dealing with issues in another window. It is possible to make a forum visible based on maturity setting, but we're not currently sending that information to the community system.
[13:22] Suspiria (suspiria.finucane): My forum start date is wrong
[13:22] Techwolf Lupindo: Need to get a better skinner. I don't know of any skin that can not be made adabtiable to different sizes/layout with the right skills.
[13:23] Marianne McCann: I was actually kind of surprised to see a separate profile, etc from the my.secondlife.com one involved with the forums
[13:23] Amanda Linden: yeah, the profiles are not connected.
[13:23] Marianne McCann: Would have liked a bit more... integration
[13:23] Amanda Linden: that was also a question from cummere.
[13:23] Techwolf Lupindo: Is the new site Jive or different software?
[13:23] Marianne McCann: AH. Late to the party, I am
[13:23] Tha Torley (torley.linden): yah Mari, i've had to emphasize that -- and the fact the PMs aren't connected to inworld IMs
[13:23] Suspiria (suspiria.finucane): Speaking of profiles, can you hide your profile?
[13:23] Marianne McCann: /me grins
[13:23] Cummere Mayo: ild like to see the privacy settings of one match the others
[13:23] Marianne McCann: Tech - It's Lithium
[13:23] Lexie (lexie.linden): Tech, it is not Jive, it is Lithium
[13:24] Tha Torley (torley.linden): so it's a good point worth repeating, since it gets brought up repeatedly
[13:24] Marianne McCann: (WHo makes up the names of these things? Jive? Lithium? They don't *sound* like things I want....)
[13:24] Cummere Mayo: any other lindens want the screens? if so im me please cause yoru tags are kinda burried
[13:24] Tha Torley (torley.linden): Techwolf, it's worth looking at other Lithium-based sites to see if any have layout you prefer: http://lithosphere.lithium.com/t5/Forums/ct-p/Forums
[13:24] DogWomble Dollinger: i dunno marianne, i'm sure some people would like to jive after taking lithium :P
[13:24] Lexie (lexie.linden): lol
[13:25] Raymond Linden: haha
[13:25] Amanda Linden: :)
[13:25] Marianne McCann: Or want some lithium after all that jive
[13:25] Marianne McCann: /me grins
[13:25] Cummere Mayo: i wish some linden could tell us how much if any data is being shared with the makers of lithium or if LLis using the social tracking package ><
[13:25] Techwolf Lupindo: Not trying to start anything, i'me been away from SL for a few months. But someone at LL disided that jive was bad after all?
[13:25] Suella Ember: I just tell myself its name after the Nirvana song which makes it sound more cool! :)
[13:25] Venus Petrov: lol
[13:25] Tha Torley (torley.linden): re: fixed-width vs. fluid-width, on the broader web, it can go either way. i noticed even usability guru Jakob Nielsen went fixed width, so it's worth exploring existing mass precedent
[13:25] Techwolf Lupindo: I do like the new format, despite the same narrow layout.
[13:26] Amanda Linden: tech--jive was not a system taht we loved either.
[13:26] Techwolf Lupindo: Reminds of /. :-)
[13:26] Amanda Linden: took a while to find the right replacement platform and implement.
[13:26] Lexie (lexie.linden): Lithium is a better fit for our community
[13:26] Marianne McCann: I definitely prefer it to the previous. Still trying to track doan a bug or two (Reply buttons often redirect me to the forum MP), but it' better
[13:26] Lord of Dee (ciaran.laval): Torley there's some debate about Jakob's usability tips
[13:26] Amanda Linden: absolutely
[13:26] Mags Indigo: Jive had good bits - but overall was a bit of a pain
[13:26] Mags Indigo: Lith is deffo better so far
[13:26] Suspiria (suspiria.finucane): It's more professional to be sure
[13:26] Mags Indigo: of course impossible to please evryone
[13:26] Amanda Linden: and, it's easier on our side.
[13:26] Amanda Linden: easier to make fixes, create new forums, etc.
[13:27] Tha Torley (torley.linden): Lord of Dee, and i don't agree with everything he says either. the dude could stand to HAVE SOME MORE COLOR LAWL. but it's an example.
[13:27] Marianne McCann: If everyone was pleased... would it still be the Second Life we know and love?
[13:27] Amanda Linden: LOL
[13:27] Lexie (lexie.linden): haha
[13:27] Mags Indigo: /me grins at Marianne
[13:27] Amanda Linden: crazy talk!
[13:27] Amanda Linden: :)
[13:27] Suspiria (suspiria.finucane): /me snickers
[13:27] Flimsey Freenote: would like to see more media in general on the site
[13:27] Lord of Dee (ciaran.laval): Jive has some nice features, I use it elsewhere but it's a bit heavy for predominantly forum software
[13:27] Amanda Linden: just so nice to see you guys happy!
[13:27] Amanda Linden: /me smiles happy marketing smile
[13:28] Mags Indigo: yeah - happy SLers - wow
[13:28] Mags Indigo: must be spring
[13:28] Tha Torley (torley.linden): when we can surpass limitations, we are inevitably drawn to recreating those artifacts, as wretched as they may have been at one time... which is why plenty of folks still dig the soulful sound of vinyl crackle :)
[13:28] Lexie (lexie.linden): Happy community is awesome ㋡
[13:28] Ishtar Roussel: /me smiles
[13:28] Suella Ember: ha! I have to say this is the most happy group ive seen for ages!
[13:28] Cummere Mayo: dont say marketing smile amanda or ill have to lynch you
[13:28] Amanda Linden: and, you guys should really tip your hats to torley, lexie, fritz, rand, jeremny, etc.
[13:28] Cummere Mayo: on principle
[13:28] DogWomble Dollinger: flimsey if you want more m,edia, how about we ask torley to do a video on where to find watermelon coloured clothing or something? :_
[13:28] Amanda Linden: they have done an amazing job and many of hte issues that came up yesterday have been addressed/fixed, etc.
[13:28] Tha Torley (torley.linden): every now and then i hear an oldbie reminiscence about the days we DID NOT have teleporting to a direct point... can you believe that!? :O
[13:28] Mags Indigo: /me gives the assorted Lindens a giant virtual hug
[13:28] Lexie (lexie.linden): haha I remember Torley
[13:28] Jeremy Linden: /me tips his hat to Jeremny :-)
[13:29] Cummere Mayo: lol jeremy :)
[13:29] Mags Indigo: <-- hasn't got a hat to tip
[13:29] Tha Torley (torley.linden): DogWomble, i'm thankful over the years, fashion designers have approached me! makes it a lot easier. =)
[13:29] Marianne McCann: FWIW, I think I've actually *used* the new forums more int he last day than I used the Jive ones at all.
[13:29] DogWomble Dollinger: well it'd be a good advertisment for them then torley :)
[13:29] Lexie (lexie.linden): nice!! Marianne
[13:29] Techwolf Lupindo: Vinial does sounds better then CD. They are still pressing vinial. Thanks to the loudness war on CD, vinial is much better sadly.
[13:29] Cummere Mayo: torely i need to make you something with watermelon colored tentacles >.>
[13:29] Tha Torley (torley.linden): and Mari points to an important thing, one's usage over the long run...
[13:30] Mags Indigo: it's easier to find threads of interest and see where they're up to as it were - I like that
[13:30] Mags Indigo: which hopefully means more people will keep coming back to check in
[13:30] Flimsey Freenote: the "i need help with" is very nice touch
[13:30] Tha Torley (torley.linden): some stuff just doesn't become apparent or clear unless you look back in hindsight and figure out what you naturally gravitated to -- because it was fast, fun, easy, etc.
[13:31] Techwolf Lupindo: I wasn't around SL when I heard about SL getting a new feature of TPing anywhere and wonderd about the lawsuilt from subway/train operatores that stand to lose the busness of fares.
[13:31] Raymond Linden: Question - is anyone having issues with logon/logout?
[13:31] Suspiria (suspiria.finucane): Fine for me
[13:31] bob Iwashi: yes raymo9nd
[13:31] Mags Indigo: it's been fine for me
[13:31] Lord of Dee (ciaran.laval): Double login first time I visit
[13:31] Lisa Fossett: no
[13:31] Raymond Linden: ok, bob. What is the issue specifically?
[13:31] Tha Torley (torley.linden): Dogwomble, but sometimes i wander and get lucky: http://www.flickr.com/photos/torley/5495201202/sizes/l/ :)
[13:31] DogWomble Dollinger: nice torley :D
[13:31] bob Iwashi: just seem to get logged out randomly
[13:32] Cummere Mayo: one thing i have noticed that irritates me... it keeps losing my login session
[13:32] Raymond Linden: Oh - there is a time limit
[13:32] Lord of Dee (ciaran.laval): Once to login to Secondlife.com and then another login when I click the forum link
[13:32] Raymond Linden: if you are not active
[13:32] bob Iwashi: no network isues here at my end, "afk" etc is turned off
[13:32] Cummere Mayo: /me ughhhs
[13:32] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman): actually I do have an issue with logging in: when I log in while being in a thread I get redirected to the blogs start page
[13:32] Lexie (lexie.linden): 60 minutes of inactivity logs you out
[13:32] Cummere Mayo: its way too short then
[13:32] Cummere Mayo: um im getting logged out in five
[13:32] bob Iwashi: i have all that turned off elxie
[13:32] bob Iwashi: lexie*
[13:32] Mags Indigo: I really haven't had that problem
[13:33] Second Life: This object is not for sale.
[13:33] Cummere Mayo: how/where can i find how to change / fix that?
[13:33] bob Iwashi: in advanced "allowidleafk"
[13:33] Lexie (lexie.linden): Every 5 minutes or so Cummere?
[13:33] Fritz Linden: Cummere, are you using a web proxy?
[13:33] Cummere Mayo: yes fritz but i have no issues with it elsewhere
[13:33] Cummere Mayo: (except for the fact that it keeps turning my system clock to eastern time ><
[13:34] Fritz Linden: do me a favor and check and see if you're being taken to a different URL when you get logged out
[13:34] Fritz Linden: it could be an issue with your proxy not speaking HTTP1.1
[13:35] Suella Ember: /me does the universal sign for "way beyond my understanding" with the whoosh hand gesture over her head :)
[13:35] Fritz Linden: :)
[13:35] Cummere Mayo: ill check next time it kicks me :P
[13:35] Amanda Linden: yeah, let us know.
[13:35] Amanda Linden: if you're running into it, then others are too
[13:35] Raymond Linden: @Torben - when you logon, the system will direct you to the top level page by default
[13:36] Raymond Linden: Thanks Cummere
[13:36] Cummere Mayo: i did notice it doesnt respect my oepn id with the rest of the sl site either
[13:36] bob Iwashi: /me wonders if the lindens have ever held an "onigokko" contest at their meetings
[13:36] DogWomble Dollinger: Suella sounds like when i took my mum shopping for sound equipment .... i was talking techie, she was standing there going 'wut?'
[13:36] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman) which is not the best behaviour of the system :)
[13:36] DogWomble Dollinger: haha bob
[13:36] Suella Ember: lol
[13:36] DogWomble Dollinger: that's actually a point
[13:36] DogWomble Dollinger: torley - ever wanted to do a vidtut on office hours?
[13:36] Fritz Linden: Torben, how so?
[13:37] Marianne McCann: /me dusts herself off
[13:37] DogWomble Dollinger: we can show people what happens by doing onigokko
[13:37] Cummere Mayo: also... um dumb question but on the support portal why were tickets and live chat burried?
[13:37] Tha Torley (torley.linden): DogWomble, great Q... long ago! now since we have user groups, seems like good time for a refresh...
[13:37] Techwolf Lupindo: Cummere, to reduce the load on the short staff support staff. ;-)
[13:37] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman) let´s say someone sends me a url to a forum thread. I see it and like to post something. I log in and the thread is gone. That results in my interest in posting vanishing.
[13:37] Cummere Mayo: it took me a couple minutes to find them, and its confusing newer and older users alike
[13:38] Raymond Linden: Good point Torben - we'll look into
[13:38] Amanda Linden: cummere--it's still there and avail. but sl answers is where we would like new users to start for first level kinds of questions.
[13:38] Lord of Dee (ciaran.laval): Are there any different colour schemes or layouts for people who have a hard time reading black text on a white background?
[13:39] Cummere Mayo: yeah its still there but it should be first level or at least visible without scrolling down
[13:39] Cummere Mayo: jsut saying
[13:39] Amanda Linden: gotchya
[13:39] Techwolf Lupindo: I worked a call center once. They change there inbound system to handle the simple stuff that we keep getting called for, it helps reduce the number of dupe simple questions.
[13:39] Cummere Mayo: i have no issue with that tech
[13:39] Techwolf Lupindo: The old "press one for...."
[13:39] DogWomble Dollinger: techwolf like "have you turned it off and on again?"
[13:40] Cummere Mayo: on the other hand most times if i send someone to support its either becuase something isnt availble in answers/kb etc or the tricks there didnt work
[13:40] Suella Ember: "is it switched on at the plug?"
[13:40] Techwolf Lupindo: Dog, I don't think we got that far yet when I left them.
[13:40] Ishtar Roussel: if it is on the top level people click ticket or live chat before using the other tools, which makes support become swamped with issues that people could have answered with the other avenues of self help
[13:40] DogWomble Dollinger: "Excue me sir, have you plugged in your brain?"
[13:41] Raymond Linden: Lord of Dee - there are no custom color schemes at this point. But, we can look into a softer bg color
[13:41] Tha Torley (torley.linden): making stuff super easy to find is so important, because if it doesn't turn up in your search results, especially if you're anxious and looking for help FAST, it's like it doesn't even exist
[13:41] Cummere Mayo: and yes frizt the url is changing everything was t5 last session now its t4
[13:41] Fritz Linden: its a balancing act between encouraging residents to use the helpful resources available o nthe web and having everyone contact support. Its something we're continuing to work on.
[13:41] DogWomble Dollinger: yeah, putting that in effec might be good raymond
[13:41] Tha Torley (torley.linden): haha some of you are bringing up the PEBKAC scenario
[13:41] Lord of Dee (ciaran.laval): Thanks Raymond
[13:41] Cummere Mayo: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Blogs/ct-p/Blogs
[13:41] Techwolf Lupindo: Live chat is a great tool....IF you have the right people behind it.
[13:41] Cummere Mayo: http://community.secondlife.com/t4/Blogs/ct-p/Blogs
[13:41] DogWomble Dollinger: allow different schemes to cater for a few differen visual impairments
[13:41] Suella Ember: Yeah - much as support does need improving (and seemingly has recently) I do think its just as important for people to help themselves get answers before imediately jumping to a support ticket
[13:41] Amanda Linden: good feedback re: colors.
[13:41] DogWomble Dollinger: torley i prefer to call it PICNIC - problem in chair not in computer
[13:41] Suella Ember: especially if the answer is already there
[13:42] Amanda Linden: ha dog. need to remember that one. :)
[13:42] Tha Torley (torley.linden): i think there are some web browser add ons that are designed for universal accessibility and can invert colors and such — don't Mac OS X and Windows 7 have some built in support for that?
[13:42] DogWomble Dollinger: torley i know win7 has improved on tools for visual impairment
[13:42] DogWomble Dollinger: i haven't played with it myself tho
[13:42] Tha Torley (torley.linden): i also just found https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/blank-your-monitor-easy-readin/
[13:43] Amanda Linden: might be good to do a tips/tricks post on this topic.
[13:43] Amanda Linden: acessibility is mportant.
[13:43] Lexie (lexie.linden): yes!
[13:43] Tha Torley (torley.linden): yeahhhhh
[13:43] Fritz Linden: We really believe that the Answers system shows great promise for all of us. If you've mostly interacted in the forum,s I highly recommend giving it a try.
[13:43] Cummere Mayo: may i make a suggestion then? add a top level thing on the support page like the answers, kb, etc and label it more support tools
[13:43] Suspiria (suspiria.finucane): Can there be a resident tips and tricks sub-forum?
[13:43] Techwolf Lupindo: Only on SL one can witness a chopper whizzing by and though a meeting. :-D
[13:43] Amanda Linden: cummere, i'll pass it along to the team.
[13:43] Cummere Mayo: and put the tickets and chat there
[13:43] DogWomble Dollinger: this may have been answered at a different tme, but i might ask anyways
[13:44] Cummere Mayo: and the self help stuff thats supposed to be coming
[13:44] Tha Torley (torley.linden): Suspiria, i've thought about that in the past, but tips & tricks are really meta...
[13:44] DogWomble Dollinger: given the number of "Buy Lindens from us so we can empty your bank account" spam posts that came up under the old system, what facilities does the new forum have to take care of this sorta spam?
[13:44] Lord of Dee (ciaran.laval): Torley should have his own section
[13:44] Suspiria (suspiria.finucane): Thanks :)
[13:44] Amanda Linden: ah, great question dog.
[13:44] Suella Ember: good question Dog!
[13:44] Tha Torley (torley.linden): =)
[13:44] Amanda Linden: fritz/raymond...you guys want to address that.
[13:44] Suella Ember: can we can the spam - please say yes :)
[13:45] Tha Torley (torley.linden): many tips and tricks have come about precisely because i learned about it in a specific forum and thought it neded broader attention, responding to actual requests for that information... it's really been an ongoing, growing cycle
[13:45] Raymond Linden: The new system does have a robust Spam filter
[13:45] bob Iwashi: /me only buys his bucks on the lindex
[13:45] Lexie (lexie.linden): and we are using it and monitoring
[13:45] DogWomble Dollinger: excellent :)
[13:45] DogWomble Dollinger: does it shwo sings of holding up quite well agianst the old system?
[13:45] Amanda Linden: yeah, and if you guys ever see a problem like that crop up, go ahead and report it.
[13:45] Marianne McCann: Ouch!
[13:45] Amanda Linden: it goes to our moderators.
[13:45] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman) darn, so I can´t buy Lindens from eingee anymore?
[13:46] Amanda Linden: who are in the system 7 days a week.
[13:46] Lexie (lexie.linden): lol Torben
[13:46] Suspiria (suspiria.finucane): Will we be discussing moderation toady?
[13:46] Cummere Mayo: haha
[13:46] DogWomble Dollinger: it was just a concern - i think most of us are smart enough to call them for what they are, but rumour has it that a few people cgot caught
[13:46] Lord of Dee (ciaran.laval): moderation toady? Nice typo!
[13:46] Suspiria (suspiria.finucane): *today
[13:46] Suspiria (suspiria.finucane): hehe
[13:46] Suella Ember: the first rule of moderation is you do not talk about moderation!
[13:46] Fritz Linden: One of the permissions you get as you move up the rankings in the new system is the ability to flag posts for new KB articles... using it to highlight tips and tricks should work well
[13:46] Amanda Linden: sure. what questions do you have.
[13:46] Tha Torley (torley.linden): and if you have suggestions afterwards this meeting, remember the discussion lives on in the Community Feedback forums! http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Community-Feedback/bd-p/feedback
[13:46] Suella Ember: joke btw! lol
[13:46] DogWomble Dollinger: /me pulls out the moderation frog of banning
[13:46] Suspiria (suspiria.finucane): Take it as you will
[13:46] Marianne McCann: I've got something i'd love to request in the new forums, if I could....
[13:46] Tha Torley (torley.linden): like what Fritz said, i really look forward to what Residents empower and promote for each other.
[13:47] Amanda Linden: sure marianne
[13:47] Techwolf Lupindo: /me lol "For thost that don't know, on some online MUD/MUCK, toading was the term used for deleting accoutns.
[13:47] Cummere Mayo: amanda its not on the agenda and slightly off topic but these meetings have gotten big lately, and we dont get through the agenda... can we possibly extend them or add a second session during the week till things slow down?
[13:47] Flimsey Freenote: there are many great collaborations going on in SL these days :) very exciting times
[13:47] Marianne McCann: In the original forums, there was a spot for specific communities, including a very popular (amongst its residents) Nova Albion board space. These were removed with the Jive forums, though Blue had promised a revisiting of them, geared towards specific Linden-based communities (Nautilus City, Bay City, Nova Albion, etc). Would it *please* be possible to see this revisited? Perhaps a specific "mainland communities" (or whatever) category under Second Life, for these sorts of discussions to flourish again?
[13:47] Marianne McCann: (whew, tl;dr)
[13:47] Amanda Linden: i'll look back and make sure we cover things....
[13:48] Amanda Linden: good suggestioin marianne. we can look at that for sure.
[13:48] Tha Torley (torley.linden): Mari points to an important aspect of our culture.
[13:48] Amanda Linden: maybe under land and business area of forums.
[13:48] Raymond Linden: good suggestion Marianne
[13:48] Techwolf Lupindo: I remember reading one comment about the new ranking system can be abused by one person creating question and then asnwering them with an alt to get higher and higher ranking to get power for his/her own envential angenda.
[13:48] Tha Torley (torley.linden): for now with that sort of thing, try posting in an existing forum because we'll be watching for interest, if something keeps being hot, it may warrant its own area
[13:48] Marianne McCann: I know those of us iN BC would love to see it... and Nova has long mourned the loss of that space
[13:48] Cummere Mayo: a content creation forum would be nice too >.>
[13:49] Cummere Mayo: and a roleplay one
[13:49] Cummere Mayo: maybe a few roleplay ones
[13:49] Lord of Dee (ciaran.laval): They have roleplay
[13:49] Cummere Mayo: they do?
[13:49] Cummere Mayo: where?
[13:49] Amanda Linden: we have many content creation forums too.
[13:49] Marianne McCann: There is RP
[13:49] Fritz Linden: If you're interested in having community areas like that permissioned off, I would probably say it'd be better to host it externally... but we'll certainly think about it
[13:49] Mags Indigo: RP is there
[13:49] Lord of Dee (ciaran.laval): Yes Roleplay area
[13:49] Tha Torley (torley.linden): for example, some live musicians/enthusiasts wanted a specific forum different than the "Entertainment" one, and i suggested to use that one for now and see how much music-specific stuff comes up
[13:49] Tha Torley (torley.linden): Cummere, http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Content-Creation/ct-p/forum_content_creation
[13:49] Flimsey Freenote: was happy to see a machinima forum
[13:49] Mags Indigo: that makes sense
[13:49] Suspiria (suspiria.finucane): http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Role-Play/bd-p/RolePlay
[13:49] Lexie (lexie.linden): Techwolf, there is a formula in place. It takes more than one certain type of participation so.. less likely to be gamed.
[13:49] Cummere Mayo: meh thats not showing up on mine suspir
[13:49] Marianne McCann: Oh I don't think it needs to be "permissioned" but it would be nice to see some place where these communities could grow within that space
[13:50] Tha Torley (torley.linden): yeah machinima has really grown from an obscure black art to something getting mainstream exposure now...
[13:50] Ishtar Roussel: yes content creation is there, including sub forums, and RP is there
[13:50] Marianne McCann: An ya, I will see about getting them into the existing structure somewhere int he forums.
[13:50] Tha Torley (torley.linden): on any forum page, look on the right-hand side under the Forums header for the section list
[13:50] Cummere Mayo: ah i do see the content one...
[13:50] Amanda Linden: looking at agenda--think weve covered most of ht etopics.... actually.
[13:50] Suspiria (suspiria.finucane): Open question time?
[13:50] Amanda Linden: sure
[13:50] Suspiria (suspiria.finucane): Is it possible to have a totally transparent badge theme added?
[13:51] Venus Petrov: Amanda, can we quote bits from this on the forum?
[13:51] Amanda Linden: sure.
[13:51] Amanda Linden: we'll be posting the chat log later today of this meeting--all public.
[13:51] Lord of Dee (ciaran.laval): Ah how far along are you with the Wiki move?
[13:51] Mags Indigo: I guess by this time next week the 'whining' will have begun... but I have to say I'm the happiest I've been in ages with anything in SL
[13:51] Suspiria (suspiria.finucane): The current badge themes are limited
[13:51] Venus Petrov: thank you!
[13:51] Tha Torley (torley.linden): Suspiria, is that the problem where after you select a preset badge, you can't blank the shaded area around your name, # of posts and such?
[13:51] Cummere Mayo: oh i see the roleplay now but its burried... i meant like a top level
[13:51] Suella Ember: you can have a totally transparent avatar icon using png
[13:51] Suella Ember: so should be able to use png for a badge image to i guess
[13:51] Suspiria (suspiria.finucane): I understand that Torley but some are partially transparent in background
[13:52] Suspiria (suspiria.finucane): NOt what I mean Suella
[13:52] Fritz Linden: Lord of Dee: can you be more specific about the wiki move?
[13:52] Suspiria (suspiria.finucane): THe Tokyo for instance

??? [2011/03/03 13:52] oops

[13:52] Suspiria (suspiria.finucane): It's partially transparent
[13:52] Mags Indigo: nice thights Adam
[13:52] Tha Torley (torley.linden): Suspiria, i think i get what you mean... i was looking for a totally transparent badge too without shaded sections...
[13:52] Mags Indigo: oops
[13:52] Lord of Dee (ciaran.laval): It was announced a couple of weeks ago that some wiki content was moving to the new platform, but not all, wondered where you were with it because if I reference a wiki article and it's moved in a week or two, the reference quickly becomes outdated
[13:52] Suspiria (suspiria.finucane): Full transparency would be easy
[13:53] Suspiria (suspiria.finucane): THanks Torley
[13:53] Suella Ember: ahhh ok - you mean the elements and stuff of the badge rather than the background image
[13:53] Suspiria (suspiria.finucane): RIght Suella
[13:53] Rand (rand.linden): Lord of Dee - when we move a wiki article we always replace it with a redirect to its new home
[13:53] Suella Ember: yeah that would be cool - although i think we have kinda adopted badged as bigger avatras becuase we are creative sorts and they might not have been intended as such! hehe
[13:53] Lord of Dee (ciaran.laval): Ah thanks Rand
[13:53] Tha Torley (torley.linden): yeah Suspiria that may already be on our Lithium list but if it isn't, i'll request it because i was like "what's up with that?" too
[13:53] Suspiria (suspiria.finucane): hehe our AV's are important
[13:54] Raymond Linden: Torley - I will follow up with you on that
[13:54] Cummere Mayo: okay five minutes left and three things havent been covered on the agenda
[13:54] Suspiria (suspiria.finucane): Thanks again
[13:54] Amanda Linden: which pieces cummere?
[13:54] Marianne McCann: Suspiria - very much so (and yes, that what I've used the badge for as well)
[13:54] Cummere Mayo: And, I still need to set up the inworld group--sorry, crazy week (Amanda)

??? Ranks: What is an honored resident and how can I become a VIP (Torben Trautman) ??? Ranks: Can we please add a ranks for people with CA agreements on file and for those that are regularly a part of Snowstorm work please?

[13:54] Lexie (lexie.linden): Torben: You asked about becoming a VIP. VIP is not available yet. When it is, we will share the info!
[13:54] Tha Torley (torley.linden): thanks Raymond! Raymond has been keeping track of all these insane details :)
[13:54] Suspiria (suspiria.finucane): /me smiles at Mari
[13:54] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman) no, I was kidding there
[13:54] Amanda Linden: lexie--you want to hit the rank stuff?
[13:54] Lexie (lexie.linden): hahah ok Torben
[13:55] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman) actually I was wondering about the naming of the ranks in general
[13:55] Amanda Linden: yes, i will set up an inworld group this week.
[13:55] Amanda Linden: :)
[13:55] Techwolf Lupindo: "Can we please add a ranks for people with CA agreements on file and for those that are regularly a part of Snowstorm work please?" <----ME WANT!!!
[13:55] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman) honored resident sounds a bit odd to me
[13:55] Amanda Linden: just took a snapshot of the attendees here.
[13:55] Suspiria (suspiria.finucane): Invite please Amanda
[13:55] Suella Ember: who do i have to seduce to get a "cheese expert" badge?! :-D
[13:55] bob Iwashi: bagy the "boring" title
[13:55] Mags Indigo: I want a shamrock one
[13:55] Tha Torley (torley.linden): Honored Matre... for you Dune fans out there :)
[13:55] Mags Indigo: :-)
[13:55] Lexie (lexie.linden): If you have suggestions for rank names you can add them to the feedback forums please?
[13:55] Ishtar Roussel: Yes Torben it should have been spelt honoured :p
[13:56] Suspiria (suspiria.finucane): I'm starting a new custom badge servie hehe
[13:56] Amanda Linden: thanks lexie.
[13:56] Jeremy Linden: "Cheese Expert (Achievement: 1,000,000 snapshots taken)"
[13:56] Raymond Linden: yep, we'll take suggestions for Rank names!
[13:56] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman) hehe
[13:56] Lord of Dee (ciaran.laval): Indeed Ishtar!
[13:56] Suella Ember: ha!
[13:56] Suella Ember: /me gets snapshotting!
[13:56] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman) sure Lexie, will do
[13:56] Tha Torley (torley.linden): it's been delightful chatting; i'm sorry i must leave a bit early because of another meeting, see you on community.secondlife.com =)
[13:56] Suspiria (suspiria.finucane): tc Torley
[13:56] Marianne McCann: Drat... all I have are 6,000 snaps
[13:56] Amanda Linden: thanks torley.
[13:56] Cummere Mayo: Lexie us snowstorm volunteers would really like our own rank with some priveldges please :)
[13:56] Suella Ember: see ya torley :)
[13:56] Mags Indigo: I'm a Member - that can sound odd when said in the wrong place
[13:56] DogWomble Dollinger: jeremy why does the cheese expert make me wanna think wallace and gromit references should be used?
[13:56] Fritz Linden: I suggest talking to the Snowstorm Lindens about Rankings/etc
[13:56] Techwolf Lupindo: I vote to drop "VIP" name.
[13:56] Mags Indigo: /me looks innocent
[13:56] Ishtar Roussel: see you Torley :)
[13:56] Tha Torley (torley.linden): you can never go wrong snapshotting all your memories... :D
[13:56] Cummere Mayo: they sent us here :P
[13:56] Tha Torley (torley.linden): /me waves and smiles
[13:56] Fritz Linden: Tell em to ping me ;)
[13:56] bob Iwashi: /me wants the "boring" title
[13:56] Marianne McCann: Have fun, Torley
[13:56] DogWomble Dollinger: /me waves back
[13:56] Suspiria (suspiria.finucane): unless you lose a HD with no backup :(
[13:57] Amanda Linden: ok, then put your suggested ranks in the feedback area.
[13:57] Flimsey Freenote: i agree Torley
[13:57] Amanda Linden: we'll get to 'em and evaluate.
[13:57] Lord of Dee (ciaran.laval): I don't like ranks at all to be honest,t hat has always put me off using SL answers
[13:57] Suella Ember: i vote to drop ranking and kudos altogehter but i know its a losing battle so im just sucking it up and accepting it!
[13:57] Marianne McCann: /me wants a couple badges that would surely get her written about on a blog or two
[13:57] Suspiria (suspiria.finucane): hear hear
[13:57] Venus Petrov: here here Suella
[13:57] Venus Petrov: /me laughs
[13:58] Amanda Linden: this is has been another great session.
[13:58] Mags Indigo: I'm with Suella - no ranks no kudos
[13:58] Mags Indigo: no competition/jealousy
[13:58] Amanda Linden: thanks so much to everyone for comin' out and sharing your feedback.
[13:58] Lexie (lexie.linden): Re: current ranks: There have been some questions about why a person is a certain rank or another. When we migrated accounts over from Jive, the number of posts and Answers played a factor in determining the current ranks within lithium.
[13:58] Cummere Mayo: Amanda would it be possible to get an interview with you and blondin sometime?
[13:58] Ishtar Roussel: /me would like to see as few ranks as possible
[13:58] Amanda Linden: email me on that...
[13:58] Venus Petrov: thanks Amanda et al
[13:58] Torben Bailey (torben.trautman) thanks all, have a great day/night
[13:59] Lexie (lexie.linden): Ishtar , there are not very many at this time. About 11
[13:59] Amanda Linden: thanks all--i love these meetings. hope they are good for you too.
[13:59] Lord of Dee (ciaran.laval): Cheers guys
[13:59] Flimsey Freenote: thanks for your time everyone its nice to see so many Lindens out and about
[13:59] Raymond Linden: Great meeting everyone.
[13:59] Lexie (lexie.linden): Thanks for coming today!
[13:59] Amanda Linden: :)
[13:59] Mags Indigo: this was great - thanks all
[13:59] Cummere Mayo: 11 is a lot ><
[13:59] Venus Petrov: /me waves and poofs
[13:59] DogWomble Dollinger: Yes! YEEESSSS!!!
[13:59] DogWomble Dollinger: nce to see the lindens don't hide away :)
[13:59] Amanda Linden: 'til next week. same bat time same bat channel.
[13:59] Marianne McCann: /me nods
[13:59] Amanda Linden: bye all.
[13:59] DogWomble Dollinger: /me gives amanda the bat signal
[13:59] Amanda Linden: rand, want met o grab the whole chat?
[13:59] Lexie (lexie.linden): Bye for now!
[13:59] Suspiria (suspiria.finucane): bye
[13:59] Amanda Linden: will send to you in email.
[13:59] Suella Ember: yep - thanks Linden peeps :) see you again soon!
[13:59] Mags Indigo: I'm off too
[14:00] Mags Indigo: thanks for everything - everyone
[14:00] Mags Indigo: :-)
[14:00] bob Iwashi: were these new group an idea from rodders?
[14:00] Rand (rand.linden): Thanks all....
[14:00] Jeremy Linden: /me grabs and archives the transcript.