Glenn's Tips for Businesses
From Second Life Wiki
Suggestions for getting started in Second Life
- Instead of Help Island, visit the Shelter. This is a place for new Residents run by Residents. I've always found them friendly and helpful.
- Visit Dublin, usually there are people hanging out dancing and chatting there at one of several 'bars'. But it's also a cool recreation of downtown Dublin. Likewise Diegoland (virtual San Diego) - lots of events, and a nice recreation of "old town" San Diego.
- Take advantage of the classes and support for new users at New Citizens Incorporated (NCI) - Kuula or Hamnida Islands. Check out the Events listing for other classes and events.
- Visit the International SpaceFlight Museum - built by volunteers - Spaceport Alpha
- Read some of the back issues of Second Opinion, and visit some of the Top 10 sites listed (top 10 waterfalls, top 10 gardens, etc.): Best Bets, Fab Five and Best Bets.
- Try your hand at building at the Ivory Tower Library of Primitives. Sandboxes and building tutorial sites tend to be busy and good ways to meet people.
- See the real-time US weather map at School.
- Visit Reuters to get the latest news.
- Visit Weather Channel's Weather Island and go surfing, biking or skiing (and meet others).