Justice League Unlimited
- To protect the weak, and defend the innocent.
- We are a public service organization. We help those in need of aid while closely observing the Terms of Service.
- We function as peacekeepers, newcomer aid, as estate managers, and patrol where requested. We are also highly active in charity and nonprofit work in SL.
- New recruits must be at least six months old in SL terms, have a clean record, and be sponsored by two persons one year old each or older.
About the JLU
Who We Are
The Justice League Unlimited (JLU) in Second Life in (SL) is a public service organization who pattern their avatars after comic book heroes. While JLU members may model their avatars after these fictional personas, the JLU is not a super-hero role-playing group.
Our members come from all walks of life, but include a remarkable array of professionals from creative and technical fields, including artists, programmers, scientists, writers, musicians, and more.
Based aboard our Watchtower on Justice Island, we work for the common good, to make Second Life a better place to be.
The Justice League has been in continuous operation since April 4, 2006, and is also known as the League of Heroes.
What We Do
The mission of the JLU is to provide mentoring and render aid to SL residents in need, primarily new residents, in such areas as building, scripting and security. The JLU often acts as a neighborhood watch organization, patrolling heavily trafficked public areas that are prone to abuse by griefers. We also hold seminars and conventions on public safety, and help estate managers learn effective techniques for keeping their own lands safe.
The Justice League follows absolutely strict adherence to the Terms of Service and Community Guidelines for our own behavior. We do not attempt to operate in private sims unless specifically asked to do so by parcel or sim owners. We do not charge fees for services provided, as we feel that this would represent a conflict of interest with respect to protecting the public welfare.
- New Resident Help
- Help Guides
- Individual Mentorship
- Public Courses on various topics (How to AR, Estate Security, etc.)
- Charity/Fundraising for 501c Non For Profits
- The JLU owns and operates Krypton Radio as a free public news and entertainment service as a gift to the people of Second Life. The station lays claim to being the only sci-fi / comics radio station in the world, and is heard by thousands of fans each month in over 103 countries around the world. The station's Facebook page can be found here.
- The JLU also owns and operates the Joseph Button Memorial Park and Welcome Center on the east edge of Taber, across from the Ivory Tower of Prims and its sandbox.