Linden Lab Official:Private island special promotion
This article is obsolete, but kept as a historical record. Do not rely on this information in any way. However, it may be used in the future, so please do not delete or modify.
- 1 Terms and conditions
- 2 Frequently asked questions
- 2.1 When will I receive the island I ordered?
- 2.2 Can I order a Homestead Region without owning a Full Region?
- 2.3 Why do I have to pay the first month maintenance at time of delivery?
- 2.4 How do I make sure that I have a valid method of payment on file so I can place an order?
- 2.5 Where do I find out more about land ownership?
- 3 Ordering process
- 4 What type of region is best for my needs?
Terms and conditions
To be eligible for this promotion, you must have a valid method of payment on file when you place your order. You are responsible for paying the first month maintenance fee, plus any applicable VAT on the land you take delivery of, at the time we deliver the land. Normal monthly maintenance billing cycles apply thereafter. Land orders will be delivered to your account within 24 hours of placing your order, unless additional information is required.
We must receive your island order case submission between October 21 12:01 a.m. (Pacific) and October 23 11:59 p.m. (Pacific). Orders received outside of this period will not be processed.
Developed islands are not eligible for this promotion. This promotion can not be combined with any other promotion or discount. Ownership of at least one Full Region is required before Homesteads can be purchased pursuant to this promotion.
Frequently asked questions
When will I receive the island I ordered?
Within 24 hours of filing your case, your new island will be delivered to your account and you will be notified that your delivery has been completed via an email case response to your order.
Can I order a Homestead Region without owning a Full Region?
No, you must already own a Full Region (island) to be eligible to purchase a Homestead Region or Openspace Region. Verified educational or non-profit customers remain exempt.
Why do I have to pay the first month maintenance at time of delivery?
Normally, the first month island maintenance is included as part of the island set-up fee and is considered to be billed in advance. As we are not collecting a set-up fee, we still have to collect the island maintenance fee, plus any applicable VAT for the next 30 days usage of the island and the resources it consumes to run it at time of delivery.
How do I make sure that I have a valid method of payment on file so I can place an order?
If you are still not sure, you can contact our billing specialists 24 hours a day, seven days a week. See Contacting Linden Lab billing support for more information.
Where do I find out more about land ownership?
See the following articles in the Second Life Knowledge Base:
We are taking island orders for the limited time island promotion event via support case only. Follow this procedure to order your new island with our special promotional offer.
Please file only one case per island being ordered. You may order more than 1 Island, you will need to create 1 case per island. Please give us as much information as you can when following this outline to prevent delays in processing your order. Don’t worry, if we need more information we will contact you via your case.
Follow these steps:
- Log in to the Second Life website and proceed to: https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/.
- Under What type of problem are you having? choose Land & Region.
- Under Land & Region, choose Island Order.
- Enter the information outlined below, then click Submit.
- New Region Name
- Enter the name you have chosen for your new island. Be sure to follow the naming guidelines.
- Estate Name
- Provide a name of the estate in which you want the region is to be placed. If you do not provide a name, the estate will have the same name as the island.
- What type of region are you purchasing?
- Choose either Full or Homestead.
- What would you like your starting terrain to be?
- Choose the starting terrain type:
- Prima Point, Type 1
- Hill and Dale, Type 2
- Loch Lake, Type 3
- Ruth’s Retreat, Type 4
- Plain Plains, Flat Green
- Oceanica, All Water
- Provide new grid coordinates to where you wish to place your region.
- Enter grid coordinates from the world map, or specify pertinent location information in the last case field.
- If you have no preference, enter “Anywhere” or leave the field blank: the island will be placed in an available standalone location on the map.
- Provide the other Resident's name, if this region will be located adjacent to a region owned by someone other than yourself.
- Provide the names of the owners of any islands that will be adjacent to your island. To avoid delays, make sure your island-owning neighbors have you on their allowed neighbors list.
- Please provide us with any other information necessary to complete your region order in a timely manner.
- Include any other relevant information, for example:
- Please place it attached to the north side of my friend's island named “Ahern”. Don’t forget allowed neighbors!
- I would like my island 5 spaces west of an island named West Island.
- Please place my new island at 890,1350 on the map.
What type of region is best for my needs?
|Set-Up Fee||Monthly Maintenance Fee||Description||Size||Prim Allowance||Concurrent Avatars||Other Terms|
|Full Region||$1000 (waived)||$295||Second Life’s premier option! These regions are high performing and can handle the most avatars and scripts; Also perfect for those new to land ownership and existing region owners looking to expand.||65,536 m2||15,000||100||None|
|Homestead||$375 (waived)||$125||Best for low-density rentals, quiet residential, or light commercial use; Also for existing land owners seeking to grow businesses.||65,536 m2||3,750||20||Must already own at least one(1) Full Region.|