Feature Design Document
- Locking an object will keep your from accidenally moving or modifying your object.
- Trying to take a locked object to inventory triggers a confirmation dialog box.
- A locked object will display as (no modify) in your inventory.
- You can avoid selecting locked objects by turning on Tools menu > Select Only Movable Objects.
- "Locked" has some other functionality piled on it, but I don't recall it at the moment.
Discussion for future improvements
Relationship to other features
List of features that need to be tested when this feature changes, and why.
Grant Modify Rights - Can people with granted modify rights edit your locked objects?
Deed Objects - Can people in the grouo edit your deeded/locked objects?
Share Objects with Group - Can people in the grouo edit your deeded/shared objects? Only if they have the group selected?
Collaborative Building - Is locking objects useful for Collaborative Building or only individual building.