From Second Life Wiki
- Mesh is better than regular prims or sculpties in all regard. It should be the future of SL. However, Mesh is being completely killed outside of clothing by the fact that Land Impacts are ridiculously high in comparison to regular prims or sculpties. No one would buy an optimized, zero lag, gracefully degrading with low levels Mesh chair, that is better for the servers and clients alike, which costs more than 1 Li, when they can buy a horribly laggy sculpty chair which is only 1 Li. Regular users don't even understand why sculpties are bad for them and everyone else. When a sculpty made of about 2000 triangles has 1 Li, even when it is a 64x64 mega, and a Mesh with about 300 tris in its highest LOD version, and all lower LODs rigorously optimized, can have a Li of 4 to 15 for example, depending on size, then Mesh simply has no chance at replacing the outdated, resource wasting sculpties. And as a builder who sworn to work exclusively in Mesh now, I feel like I'm being punished for using what is better for everyone. So, how could this situation be remedied? Storm Engineer 14:04, 25 March 2013 (PDT)
- Are there any trustworthy estimations yet on when the first normals/specular/diffuse maps compatible viewer may arrive? Storm Engineer 18:33, 28 March 2013 (PDT)
- Is rigging to the collision bone a feature linden labs supports or is it just a bug that will be fixed in future viewer release?
- What do we want? Arbitrary Skeleton and Character Animation System! When do we want it? NOW! Also, the amount of poly's people wear on their avatar needs to be limited. 500k poly hair is not cool, I don't care who you are. -Reed Steamroller 4/1/2013 Leave me alone I couldn't get it to work, and I have things to do!
- Any updates on height offset changes? TankMaster Finesmith 12:10, 1 April 2013 (PDT)
- A stop to emotionalism and argumentation regarding different building tools available in SL. Encourage the ending of the "us-versus-them" attitudes of some mesh creators (See Storm Engineer above). This is not the forum for "the outdated, resource wasting sculpties" & "using what is better for everyone" kinds of remarks. The arrival of Instagram photography doesn't make oil paintings irrelevant. Please stop the hate, it's not what makes SL great. Toady Nakamura 10:29, 1 April 2013 (PDT)