From Second Life Wiki
Mulib is a REST web service framework built on top of
eventlet.httpd. Httpd parses incoming HTTP request and generates the response; mulib takes care of locating the object which will handle the request (url traversal) and calling the appropriate callback method based on the method of the request. Code written using mulib looks like a series of subclasses of
mu.Resource which override methods such as
handle_post, making it easy to implement web services.
stacked traversal code also knows how to traverse python objects like dicts and lists. Using that style, it is possible to easily interact with compositional data structures through the Web.
- Example code: Mulib/Examples
- Subversion repository: http://svn.secondlife.com/svn/mulib/
- Trac page: http://svn.secondlife.com/trac/mulib
- Mailing list: https://lists.secondlife.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/eventletdev
|beta-1||Aug 24, 2007|||||
Mulib runs on Python version 2.3 or greater, with the following dependenceis:
- Mulib can expose native python objects via a RESTful interface, but it doesn't yet have any inbuilt access control, so being able to read the objects also means being able to write or delete them. However, this is only a problem if you choose to expose your objects in this way.
Mulib is made available under the terms of the open source MIT license below.
Copyright (c) 2005-2006, Donovan Preston
Copyright (c) 2007, Linden Research, Inc.
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.