New Hover Tip default behavior
From Second Life Wiki
Please be careful when editing .ini that you don't change something else that you might need.
- View menu > select "Show Hover Tips" option (the default setting) now shows Hover Tips only for objects with which one can interact.
- View menu > deselect "Show Hover Tips" option works as before; no Hover Tips will be shown
- To view Hover Tips for all objects (the old default behavior), add the line "ShowAllObjectHoverTip TRUE" to the settings.ini file, found in the following locations:
- Windows: Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\SecondLife\user_settings
- Mac OS X: Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/SecondLife/user_settings
- To view Hover Tips only for Land, add the line "ShowLandHoverTip TRUE" to the settings.ini file instead.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Be sure to use a TAB character between the option name and the "TRUE" setting. Then, after editing the file, restart Second Life to see the Hover Tips as desired.***
You can find your settings.ini file with a Start/Search