OpenGrid Mailing List
- Subscribe to OpenGrid@lists.secondlife.com (or unsubscribe)
- Browse list archives
- Search list archives
IMPORTANT: Please read the Posting Policies and Guidelines before posting to this mailing list.
Posting Guidelines and Policies
The OpenGrid mailing list is intended for discussing software development and architecture issues related to the Open Grid Protocol. The following policies are meant to ensure we can keep conversation civil and on-topic.
- This mailing list is for discussing problems and ideas that software developers can directly address and for collaboration on solutions and improvements, not for turning Linden Lab development staff into proxies to reach other parts of Linden Lab (e.g. legal, executive, human resources, etc).
- Please adhere to the commenting guidelines for blog.secondlife.com. Since we can't delete comments that are in violation, we're going to instead preemptively set the "moderated" bit for repeat violators.
- Constructive criticism is welcome, but general complaints which only serve to discourage use of Second Life, discourage cooperation with Linden Lab, or disparage other virtual world developers working on interoperability should be taken elsewhere.
- If you have auto-reply email software (such as out-of-office notification), please make sure that it's configured correctly. Failure to do so will cause you to receive moderated access until you assure us it's fixed. See the Autoreply Software section below for more details.
- If someone else is violating mailing list policy, do not reply to them on the list. Reply to them offlist if you feel you need to engage them. If you feel disciplinary action is required, send mail to the list administrator (<email@example.com>). Engaging with them on-list may result in the moderation bit being set on your account.
- Questions about the Open Grid Public Beta should go to the firstname.lastname@example.org list.
- Avoid top-posting.
- Do not post questions about LSL scripting to this list. Please see the Second Life Scripters list.
- Please remember the old mantra "praise in public, criticize in private". On-list reprimands are rarely of interest to the general mailing list.
- If a thread become long-running, an administrator may ask that the thread be summarized and moved to the wiki, or a Jira task.