Open Source Meeting/2010-04-15

From Second Life Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Agenda Thursday, 15 April 2010

  1. Weekly Snowglobe update - Merov Linden
    1. 1.4 trunk: Hows the missing libs on S3 and parabuild work comming?
  2. VWR-9541 Snowglobe now offers VC90 boosts but do not seem to be usable.
  3. SNOW-613 Fix to socks proxy code
  4. SNOW-577 Clarification of quick patch review, white space, prefered implementation
  5. SNOW-592 patch for gstreamer 0.10.28 standalone build

last week's stuff, any remaining actions?

  1. 1.4 trunk: trying to build leads to errors (SNOW-600, fmod missing, fixed) which lead to new errors (bundle missing!) which pushes Merov to reexport the internal 1.23 branch... which fails building!... Aaargh... Merov working on this
    1. 2.0 trunk: merge and sync done by Merov. 2 categories of build problems:
      1. Automated build: still fails for various reasons (different on all platforms)
      2. Standalone builds: see thread by DZonatas, Nyx and others on various issues
    2. Branding script: Merov working on it though making build works everywhere is prio 1
    3. Build in general: We need to update the relevant wiki page(s) for 1.x and 2.x.
  2. TPV: Joe will held an IW meeting Tuesday, 4/13 at noon PDT:
  3. New IW meeting: need to put that on the calendar for real. Merov to act on this.


[13:56] Boroondas Gupte: hi Aimee
[13:56] Boroondas Gupte: and Pixel
[13:56] Aimee Linden: hi
[13:57] Thickbrick Sleaford: hi people
[13:57] Pixel Gausman: /me waves
[13:57] Boroondas Gupte: /me waves hello to all
[13:58] Boroondas Gupte: brb
[13:58] Pixel Gausman: ...and blames Aimee for something just because it feels good. :)
[13:58] Aimee Linden: bring it on
[13:59] Dzonatas Sol: Thickbrick you got out some updates to the sg2.0 pretty quick in order for it to compile
[13:59] Dzonatas Sol: =)
[13:59] Thickbrick Sleaford: /me smiles
[13:59] Merov Linden: hi guys
[13:59] Dzonatas Sol: Hi!
[14:00] Merov Linden: /me wonders if being flanked by 2 female winged avatars is some kind of omen...
[14:00] Bronson Blackadder: I'll just hide in here
[14:00] Aimee Linden: LOL
[14:00] Pixel Gausman: nuthin wrong with wings
[14:01] Merov Linden: agenda for the day:
[14:01] Dzonatas Sol: a http://www ... we just need to get you some wings merov! you deserve them!
[14:01] Aimee Linden: it's when the big guy in a black cloak holding a scythe sits behind you you need to worry
[14:01] Techwolf Lupindo: Or if I sit behind you...;-)
[14:01] Tillie Ariantho: haha
[14:01] Dzonatas Sol: gotcha watch out for them hang nail ... =p
[14:01] Tillie Ariantho: Techwolf is as scary. :P
[14:02] Robin Cornelius: Hello
[14:02] Merov Linden: okay... let's start with first order of business
[14:02] Merov Linden: SG2.0 build update: so, we finally got the 3 parabuild machines to fire up in sync
[14:02] Merov Linden: and produce binaries... even though the Linux one is crashing
[14:03] Merov Linden: and the notification email fails to be sent
[14:03] Merov Linden: I also synced viewer-external with viewer-2-0
[14:04] Morgaine Dinova: webkit plugin won't run on Linux
[14:04] Merov Linden: and it's exporting right now a new crop of bug fixes I pulled from the hotfix branch
[14:04] Merov Linden: the one building 2.0.1
[14:04] Dzonatas Sol: Morgaine, have you tried r3324
[14:05] Morgaine Dinova: Nope, it was 3318 I ran
[14:05] Merov Linden: so, I think I know why the email is not sent though and working on it
[14:06] Merov Linden: on 1.x, I'm still having problem to build the internal branch: reason is the build system changed a lot and I'm working through those using the old scripts
[14:07] Merov Linden: it's tedious, I think I'm almost through though (fmod URLs were wrong... duh...)
[14:07] Dzonatas Sol: see r3320:
[14:08] Merov Linden: I really *really* want to be done with all these build issues and see constant "green" on my parabuild monitor
[14:08] Merov Linden: I've the feeling I'm almost there though
[14:08] Dzonatas Sol: especially for 1.3 i bet =)
[14:08] Merov Linden: thanks for your patience in the meantime
[14:09] Merov Linden: yeah, reviving the internal 1.23 build was not something I planned :/
[14:09] Merov Linden: On the use of SG1.x BTW, we're hitting an all time high in term of daily sessions
[14:09] Merov Linden: it's interesting...
[14:10] Thickbrick Sleaford: ho?
[14:10] Merov Linden: hard to know what's driving that though
[14:10] Thickbrick Sleaford: *oh
[14:10] Tillie Ariantho: I wonder why. ^^
[14:10] Phantom Ninetails: I can't use snowglobe because it crashes.
[14:10] Thickbrick Sleaford: how many sessions is that?
[14:10] Merov Linden: we don't know, we can only see the metric and speculate
[14:10] Pixel Gausman: and how much has it increased?
[14:10] Dzonatas Sol: It's a good thing, ya!?!?!
[14:10] Merov Linden: /me checks the chart
[14:11] Merov Linden: we're around 7,000 unique users per day
[14:11] Merov Linden: previous plateau was 5,500
[14:11] Pixel Gausman: that is interesting
[14:11] Merov Linden: yeap
[14:12] Latif Khalifa: i guess people want "official" linden non viewer2
[14:12] Dzonatas Sol: 11%
[14:12] Pixel Gausman: wish it was obvious what made that leap happen, so we could do more of it
[14:12] Merov Linden: well, may be the folks liking 1.23 style UI but wanting threaded fetch come to us...
[14:12] Techwolf Lupindo: sounds like we need to keep improving the stablity of snow 1.x for a while longer.
[14:12] Robin Cornelius: +1
[14:12] Merov Linden: +1 Techwolf
[14:12] Tillie Ariantho: Merov: may I put it in words for you? a) Long time residents dont want to be on a viewer that maybe is disallowed next month (Emerald etc.) and b) dont like 2.0 (yet)?
[14:12] Phantom Ninetails: I kind of figured the crashing caused by certain objects in the public sandboxes would keep people from using snowglobe.
[14:13] Merov Linden: this is why this work on building internal 1.23 clean, though tedious, is important
[14:13] Robin Cornelius: Snowglobe 1.4 is pretty good for greifer crashes
[14:13] Phantom Ninetails: It's not even grief. There are copybotted cars, which are regularly rezzed for sale there, which cause it to crash
[14:13] Tillie Ariantho: Robin: huh? To get crashed or to crash others?
[14:13] Robin Cornelius: Tilie, i mean in not being crashed by greifer attacks
[14:13] Merov Linden: PJIRA ref on that?
[14:14] Tillie Ariantho: ah
[14:14] Thickbrick Sleaford: there is still the onld nagging SNOW-169 - if people figure out how to reproduce that it might be a big problem griefing-wise...
[14:14] JIRA helper:
[#SNOW-169] Viewer crash: LLViewerImage::doLoadedCallbacks: ASSERT (mRawImage.notNull())
[14:14] Phantom Ninetails: SNOW-169
[14:14] Latif Khalifa: that one is crashing me regularry
[14:14] Tillie Ariantho: I use Snowglobe 1.4 cause its the most stable during big fashion shows. :P
[14:14] Techwolf Lupindo: Robin, your animations crashers fixes, did they made it into snow 1.x and 2.x?
[14:14] Phantom Ninetails: You only beat me because of chat lag, lol.
[14:14] Latif Khalifa: to the point i cannot use SG
[14:14] Robin Cornelius: Thickbrick thats actually what i was on lkalif said it gets triggered on http fetch cap enabled sims more often
[14:15] Robin Cornelius: Tech i think all or all but one are in 1.X and soft's rewrite of the animation parsing logic fixed them in 2.0
[14:15] Merov Linden: /me added himself as a watcher on 169
[14:15] Merov Linden: geee... this *is* annoying...
[14:15] Phantom Ninetails: It's my "favourite" issue.
[14:16] Free Portal: 2.0 Korean language support when possible?
[14:16] Techwolf Lupindo: OO...I did add to the jira.
[14:17] Techwolf Lupindo: I hope the info I added helps.
[14:17] Merov Linden: ok, well, we won't fix that one now and there but thanks for bringing it to my attention
[14:18] Merov Linden: Free Portal: I don't know about the localization schedule
[14:18] Phantom Ninetails: :(
[14:18] Merov Linden: You should go to Noelle OH
[14:18] Boroondas Gupte: apropos language support. CT (Community Translators) only translate for official Viewer, right? Could we cooperate with them to get snowglobe-specific strings translated, too?
[14:18] Tillie Ariantho: That latest build, is it good enough to use it? The one you posted to the list?
[14:18] Tillie Ariantho: Noelle's OH was earlier today.
[14:19] Merov Linden: Boroondas: sure, we don't have much of those though
[14:19] Geneko Nemeth: /me would like to translate Snowglobe to Chinese
[14:19] Merov Linden: Tillie: the SG2.0 build you mean?
[14:19] Thickbrick Sleaford: It helps, techwolf. I tried looking into it a long time ago and got lost. Narrowed it down to a specific image UUID, but still couldn't repro it anywhere else with that UUID.
[14:19] Boroondas Gupte: well, the additional strings compared to the official viewer are few
[14:20] Tillie Ariantho: yup, the trunk build
[14:20] Free Portal: Many Koreans are ready to support translate
[14:20] Merov Linden: well, we know that Linux is crashing at launch :(
[14:20] Merov Linden: Mac and Windows are okay though
[14:20] Tillie Ariantho: I am on windows. ^^
[14:21] Merov Linden: should be fine then, did you try?
[14:21] Thickbrick Sleaford: NOt crashing at launch for me .
[14:21] Tillie Ariantho: ok, going to try it then. :)
[14:21] Merov Linden: thanks! :)
[14:22] Tillie Ariantho: Oh, is there a way to improve the installer so that you can install SG2.0 while SG1 is running? ;)
[14:22] Merov Linden: k, some folks added PJIRA they wanted to cover here. Good idea BTW
[14:22] Dzonatas Sol: r3324 runs for me.. using now
[14:22] Dzonatas Sol: on linux
[14:22] Tillie Ariantho: Always complains about other Sl version running, have to close it before install. ^^
[14:22] Merov Linden: o Tillie, good point: this is *not* fixed
[14:22] Tillie Ariantho: I mean is there a fix possible? ;)
[14:22] Merov Linden: I got folks complaining to me in Direct email about this
[14:22] Tillie Ariantho: Ah. ^^
[14:23] Merov Linden: known problem
[14:23] Merov Linden: ok, let's move on with the agenda: VWR-9541
[14:23] JIRA helper:
[#VWR-9541] Included boost libraries prevent VC90 from compiling and linking the second life source correctly
[14:24] Robin Cornelius: ok been in boost hell again today
[14:24] Thickbrick Sleaford: might as well add VS2010 as well now
[14:24] Robin Cornelius: appears the boost libs for VC90 supplied in the bundle don't work
[14:24] Merov Linden: saw your last comment Robin
[14:25] Robin Cornelius: but i did get a good build in the end, so posted my binaries
[14:25] Merov Linden: we need to ping Brad on this. This issue has been open for a while and he might not pay enough attention to recent development
[14:25] Merov Linden: thanks Robin!
[14:25] Tillie Ariantho: Yah, hoping that it works with VS2010 Express soon, just installed it. ^^
[14:26] Merov Linden: Brad has the intention BTW to create an open project called "autobuild" on bitbucket with all the 3rd party lib sauce available
[14:26] Robin Cornelius: not tried, but i guess its just another boost build
[14:26] Robin Cornelius: Merov great news
[14:26] Merov Linden: he's been swamped though in 2.0.x updates but he should get back to this soon
[14:27] Merov Linden: yes, I'll be helping him getting that up
[14:27] Thickbrick Sleaford: there's some love needed for linux boost packages as well
[14:27] Dzonatas Sol: Merov, I completed a project like that awhile ago, but it used scons. It builts all the libs needed
[14:27] Merov Linden: important for all you guys standalone builders... no more guesswork on how libs have been built... :/
[14:27] Dzonatas Sol: but not for each platform... didn't get that far
[14:28] Latha Serevi: Q on 2.0 compiling (VS2008/windows). Boost hell dealt with, thanks Robin. How did people deal with c-ares libs, or did you have to? I compiled cares-1.70 and changed names from areslib.lib to cares.lib and cares.dll, now am getting unresolved symbol _ares_getnameinfo . Thx.
[14:29] Latha Serevi: (I'm trying viewer-external, btw. Still working on it.)
[14:29] Robin Cornelius: c-ares has been under heavy development recently it might be API version incompatability?
[14:29] Merov Linden: Latha: I think you need to rebuild curl too with a "use cares" option
[14:30] Robin Cornelius: yes there is a world of curl fun, must use cares --non-blocking and openssl not gnutls unless you want pain
[14:31] Merov Linden: k, on that last JIRA though, conclusion is : thanks Robin! :) Merov to ping Brad to get that in official viewer
[14:31] Robin Cornelius: oh can i add one extra
[14:32] Merov Linden: one extra... patch?
[14:32] Robin Cornelius: if you use VC90 (C++2008) and you try to use the pch supplied by LL (the VC80 one) expect to run out of ram
[14:32] Merov Linden: o dear...
[14:32] Robin Cornelius: more of a VC2008 comment relating to boost and parsing of templates by the preprocessor
[14:33] Robin Cornelius: disabling the pch worked, and i hope building a new pch works
[14:34] Merov Linden: ok, next: SNOW-613
[14:34] JIRA helper:
[#SNOW-613] Socks proxy is not working correctly with username/password auth
[14:34] Techwolf Lupindo: /me returns "Oooo...I want that autobuild project. :-)"
[14:34] Merov Linden: that's one from you Robin for 1.x
[14:34] Merov Linden: I bet you kept your artwork bundles warm somewhere... :/
[14:35] Merov Linden: I'm kinda stuck churning a new 1.4 build as long as I can't rebuild that internal 1.23 based oss-viewer
[14:35] Merov Linden: (see beginning of the chat)
[14:36] Robin Cornelius: yes, thats an updated patch for the socks proxy, we were testing in anger using amazon EC2 servers the other day and found some left ovwr bugs ;-/
[14:36] Boroondas Gupte: so you just need the old artwork bundle?
[14:36] Robin Cornelius: my artwork bundles are on my git tree
[14:36] Robin Cornelius: and on for 1.23
[14:36] Merov Linden: Boroondas: I need all, the artwork and libs for the 3 platforms
[14:36] Robin Cornelius: don't have libs though
[14:37] Merov Linden: yeah: the artwork is easy to recreate... I don't even need to build for that
[14:37] Boroondas Gupte: I cen send you the ones for Linux
[14:37] Merov Linden: and I have one on my machine FWIW
[14:37] Merov Linden: that's the lib ones that are vexing
[14:38] Thickbrick Sleaford: same here about having a cache copy of both - and it's verifyable (if you trust md5)
[14:38] Merov Linden: that would be a temp solution Boroondas, thanks though
[14:38] Boroondas Gupte: thanks ?= send it? or no thanks?
[14:38] Merov Linden: sorry: thanks, send it :)
[14:39] Merov Linden: that can unblock folks around, some right here in this meeting :)
[14:39] Thickbrick Sleaford: you got bot libs and artwork boroondas?
[14:39] Merov Linden: still, *eventually*, we need to be able to build our own internal branch... grrr...
[14:39] Thickbrick Sleaford: *both
[14:40] Boroondas Gupte: only libs or artwork, too?
[14:40] Robin Cornelius: can i clarify what exactly we are missing? what versions?
[14:40] Merov Linden: lib for me
[14:40] Merov Linden: I have artwork
[14:40] Techwolf Lupindo: I still have the linux stuff in my cache .
[14:40] Robin Cornelius: so all the libs from 1.23?
[14:40] Merov Linden: yes Robin, the 3 lin bundles
[14:40] Merov Linden: *lib
[14:41] Merov Linden: they got "cleaned up" from S3... :(
[14:41] Robin Cornelius: ok, i'll go digging on my various windows pcs, sure i've probably got a set somewhere
[14:41] Tillie Ariantho: I think I do not really understand the future of all branches. There is 1.23, SG1, SG2 and 2.0 Isnt the future a merge of SG2 and 2 or something? Or just SG2?
[14:42] Merov Linden: that's internal and external for the 2 main code base. It's not complex, just complicated :)
[14:42] Tillie Ariantho: ok.
[14:42] Merov Linden: internal 1.23 -> external SG1.z
[14:42] Merov Linden: *1.x
[14:42] Merov Linden: sorry
[14:42] Merov Linden: internal 2.0 -> external SG 2.0
[14:43] Merov Linden: the "->" refers to the "export" process
[14:43] Tillie Ariantho: ok
[14:43] Boroondas Gupte: merov, can you receive 2.6 MB mails, or should I upload it somewhere?
[14:44] Merov Linden: Boroondas: I *think* I can receive that...
[14:44] Merov Linden: ok, for SOCKS fix, someone should review so Robin can commit
[14:45] Techwolf Lupindo: Merov, what files are you looking for, I can upload to my server and send you a link.
[14:45] Merov Linden: Techwolf: basically the 4 files mentioned in doc/asset_urls.txt
[14:46] Merov Linden: /me worries about being swamped under libs this afternoon...
[14:46] Robin Cornelius: just found slviewer-linux-libs-viewer-rc-frozen-
[14:47] Merov Linden: if you could file those mentioned in asset_urls.txt, that's best
[14:47] Merov Linden: ok, next : SNOW-577
[14:47] JIRA helper:
[#SNOW-577] Real star maps
[14:47] Merov Linden: aaaah.... I so love that one :)
[14:47] Thickbrick Sleaford: o/
[14:47] Robin Cornelius: simple question here really? whitespace how do you want to change it, i was not clear exactly what you were refering to?
[14:47] Techwolf Lupindo: Merov, of what branch? I got a bunch of those files on my system.
[14:48] Merov Linden: Techwolf: the doc/asset_urls.txt of the 1.4 branch
[14:49] Thickbrick Sleaford: I like this even more for the possibility of adding UNrealistic star maps.
[14:49] Techwolf Lupindo: working...
[14:49] Merov Linden: Robin: which white space?
[14:49] Merov Linden: there are a lots of ways to skin that "star" cats
[14:49] Robin Cornelius: in the code, re your comments ;-p
[14:49] Tillie Ariantho: What about a big texture with galaxies on it as sky? :P
[14:49] Merov Linden: /me checks his comment again
[14:50] Robin Cornelius: i didn't think i had blocked many statements together, they are in little groups with a comment
[14:51] Thickbrick Sleaford: there some "foo=bar*baz" where the rest of the code usually has "foo = bar * baz"
[14:51] Merov Linden: a right: I like code with space between words, parenthesis, etc... making it easier for the eye when reading
[14:51] Robin Cornelius: ah right ok i understand
[14:51] Merov Linden: thanks :)
[14:52] Robin Cornelius: well the plan for this was to get it cleaned up and imported, i guess it will be down to the user to load the star cataloge in themselves
[14:52] Thickbrick Sleaford: Merov, about your comment on parentheses, if you're reffering to gcc 4.4 warnings, I think that was only a problem when mixing || with &&
[14:52] Merov Linden: reading things like "if(x==0&&y!=0){foo;}" is my favorite torture...
[14:53] Latif Khalifa: lol
[14:53] Merov Linden: Thickbrick: you are correct
[14:53] Techwolf Lupindo: none found. :-(
[14:53] Techwolf Lupindo: All was from other brances or versions.
[14:53] Boroondas Gupte:
[14:54] Merov Linden: IIRC though, Techwolf or someone else did some "pre-emptive" addition of parenthesis when doing a big clean up some months ago
[14:54] Thickbrick Sleaford: Techwolf, if you've even done a non-standalone build, they should be in /var/tmp/username/install.cache/
[14:54] Techwolf Lupindo: I did
[14:54] Thickbrick Sleaford: *ever
[14:55] Merov Linden: so if someone adds "||" to an existing combination of "&&", the coding style is there and won't be "forgotten"
[14:56] Robin Cornelius: now i've found slviewer-linux-libs-oss-viewer-
[14:56] Merov Linden: so, on the star Map, would you commit to 1.x Robin?
[14:56] Merov Linden: port to 2.0? :)
[14:56] Robin Cornelius: Merov yes
[14:56] Merov Linden: o/
[14:56] Thickbrick Sleaford: gcc 4.4 warns about stuff like: if (x && b || c), since that relys on people knowing that && comes before ||
[14:57] Free Portal: i like star map!
[14:57] Techwolf Lupindo: Thickbrick, I just check. Sadly, they are all 2.0 attempts to build a !standalone
[14:57] Thickbrick Sleaford: Techwolf: [14:53] Boroondas Gupte:
[14:58] Merov Linden: ok, last JIRA of the agenda: SNOW-592
[14:58] JIRA helper:
[#SNOW-592] gstreamer 0.10.28 standalone build failure
[14:58] Thickbrick Sleaford: macro mess
[14:59] Thickbrick Sleaford: what's with the "static" there?
[14:59] Merov Linden: dunno
[14:59] Dzonatas Sol: legacy?
[15:00] Merov Linden: could be
[15:00] Merov Linden: well, good to have that clean up
[15:00] Merov Linden: need to be reported back to monroe and media folks
[15:00] Merov Linden: /me will do that
[15:01] Techwolf Lupindo: So far, that patch has not cause any problems with gstreamer 0.10.28
[15:01] Techwolf Lupindo: cause me
[15:02] Merov Linden: someone else building on Linux to test Techwolf's patch?
[15:02] Boroondas Gupte: I can test it
[15:02] Boroondas Gupte: have older gstreamer, though
[15:02] Merov Linden: cool! thanks Borrondar
[15:02] Merov Linden: Boroondas
[15:02] Merov Linden: ok, we're at the end of the meeting and the JIRA proposed for discussion
[15:03] Merov Linden: this is nice to have that BTW, thanks folks for adding those there
[15:04] Boroondas Gupte: Can I advertize a feature request?
[15:04] Merov Linden: on the rest of the actions (last week), well, I talked about the build issues, Joe's brown bag happened (another one next week) and we had our first Tuesday meeting this week
[15:04] Merov Linden: here, we're done with the agenda :)
[15:04] Merov Linden: Boroondas: go ahead
[15:05] Pixel Gausman: what time are the tuesday meetings
[15:05] Boroondas Gupte: SNOW-614 (was kinda popular on IRC, but didn't collect any votes, yet)
[15:05] JIRA helper:
[#SNOW-614] Detect UI skins at runtime
[15:05] Thickbrick Sleaford: same time, same place
[15:05] Techwolf Lupindo: The Tue meeting is going to be overshadowed with the brown bag, but that what alts are for. lol
[15:05] Robin Cornelius: texture fail, i click boroondas' link and get boroondas' skin texture by moonlay designs on my web page ;-p
[15:06] Boroondas Gupte: hum ...
[15:06] Robin Cornelius: is there some way to stop GL from doing that?
[15:07] Thickbrick Sleaford: Robin, that is officialy known as the pants-plants bug.
[15:07] Boroondas Gupte: :-P
[15:07] Tillie Ariantho: ^^
[15:07] Merov Linden: what are you talking about?
[15:07] Merov Linden: /me was reading SNOW-614
[15:08] Merov Linden: so, you're asking for an "install skin" feature Boroondas, right?
[15:08] Boroondas Gupte: kinda
[15:08] Free Portal: I think SNOW-614 has Risk of overlap with other viwer skin path.
[15:08] Thickbrick Sleaford: pants-plants bug: SNOW-439
[15:08] JIRA helper:
[#SNOW-439] Transient textures displayed when opening a llqtwebkit powered Media Browser window
[15:08] Boroondas Gupte: you'd just drop the skin files in a specific folder and the viewer would find them without having to know about them at compiletime already.
[15:09] Merov Linden: that shouldn't be too hard to add as a feature really
[15:09] Boroondas Gupte: yeah
[15:09] Tillie Ariantho: I'd like it. no need to hack the client to change the UI
[15:10] Boroondas Gupte: we could always go fancy later. Robin suggested tradable skin comodities.
[15:10] Merov Linden: need to be done in a clean way though, what about if you install a new viewer? need to reinstall the skin?
[15:10] Robin Cornelius: there are a bunch of XUI hacks for 2.0, which i think kind of started some of this discussion,i got seasick, so i could have a V2.0custom folder that i have my modded XUI in
[15:10] Robin Cornelius: Merov, we though search the RO data location and the users preference area for skins
[15:10] Robin Cornelius: just define a 2nd location to look
[15:11] Merov Linden: I'd much prefer that indeed
[15:11] Boroondas Gupte: for skins not overwritten at update we'd need some notion of compatibility ...
[15:11] Robin Cornelius: yea, malformed skins will crash viewers rather easily
[15:11] Tillie Ariantho: Why not do it as it is done for the settings xml?
[15:12] Tillie Ariantho: default one in the installation folder.
[15:12] Too many HTTP requests too fast.
[15:12] Robin Cornelius: skins already do that, or did, on 1.X if you select blue skin, not every XUI is overridden, and languages the same, the XUI works more like css overrides do
[15:12] Tillie Ariantho: And additional / extended one in the home folder. What works for settings.xml should work for UIs too.
[15:12] Robin Cornelius: so it falls back to system installed defaul
[15:13] Tillie Ariantho: hm
[15:13] Merov Linden: overwrite is the way to go so to get complete sets for UI definition
[15:13] Thickbrick Sleaford: settings.xml uses the viewer channel name in the filename to work with different versions - that might be a problem with skins (or maybe not?)
[15:14] Robin Cornelius: anyway got to go, later all! have fun
[15:14] Merov Linden: well, that's an interesting problem, you should make a proposal Boroondas
[15:14] Merov Linden: before coding anything I mean :)
[15:14] Boroondas Gupte: ok
[15:15] Free Portal: hm...I have one question. when press <ENTER> key, Text disappear(search, debug setting, search map name, any text input window filed) in 2.0
[15:15] Merov Linden: that's one feature that folks are going to have opinions about and expectations
[15:15] Free Portal: is intentional? Or a bug?
[15:15] Merov Linden: Free Portal: I'm running 1.3.2 at the moment so can't check
[15:15] Merov Linden: others?
[15:15] Boroondas Gupte: exact repro?
[15:16] Free Portal:
[15:16] JIRA helper: [#VWR-18219] World map find ui invalid action. (viewer 2.0)
[15:16] Merov Linden: I'd venture "it's a bug"
[15:17] Free Portal: okay! i see!
[15:17] Merov Linden: 1.x doesn't have this issue on the map for sure
[15:18] Techwolf Lupindo: A bit of sidenote: I was using snowglobe 2.0 to loginto the beta grid for Oskar Office Hour, keeped getting a texture crash.
[15:18] Merov Linden: ok, we're a full 18 min over time
[15:18] Merov Linden: wow!
[15:19] Merov Linden: need to go
[15:19] Phantom Ninetails: Fare well
[15:19] Free Portal: adios~
[15:19] Merov Linden: WFH today and my 10 years old thinks I'm "playing" on the computer...
[15:19] Thickbrick Sleaford: see you
[15:19] Merov Linden: I'm *working* here!
[15:19] Thickbrick Sleaford: heh
[15:19] Merov Linden: see you guys
[15:19] Phantom Ninetails: Heh.
[15:19] Free Portal: *GIGGLES* :)~~~~
[15:19] Aimee Linden: /me never worked out the difference between work and play either
[15:20] Tillie Ariantho: :D
[15:20] Dzonatas Sol: Play = not for money
[15:20] Merov Linden: she thinks I've the coolest job on earth :)
[15:20] Dzonatas Sol: =p
[15:20] Tillie Ariantho: You have. :)
[15:20] Phantom Ninetails: I dunno, professional sports players get paid to play.
[15:20] Merov Linden: k, going back to parabuild now... less playfull UI lemme tell you...
[15:20] Dzonatas Sol: they play for money... so that is work
[15:21] Aimee Linden: hmm, next project turn parabuild into an arcade game
[15:21] Boroondas Gupte: if you use a text-only viewer, it'll look more work-ish.
[15:21] Phantom Ninetails: I see it as both unless they dont' enjoy it. :P
[15:21] Free Portal: see you!!! and have nice day
[15:22] Dzonatas Sol: parbuild space invaders
[15:22] Boroondas Gupte: I thought parabuild issues were already similar to wack-a-mole?
[15:22] Aimee Linden: ah!
[15:22] Aimee Linden: genius, parabuild-whack-a-mole
[15:22] Boroondas Gupte: whack-a-bug
[15:23] Aimee Linden: actually a lot of the time it's like one of those stage acts, spinning plates on sticks
[15:23] Dzonatas Sol: moles and alien invasions... difference of evolution not origin
[15:23] Boroondas Gupte: extraterrestial moles?
[15:23] Phantom Ninetails: Off to a sandbox for me~
[15:24] Dzonatas Sol: yes!
[15:25] Boroondas Gupte: do you see me in the prim floor now?
[15:25] Dzonatas Sol: indeed
[15:26] Boroondas Gupte: SNOW-446 as introduced by SNOW-610 and SNOW-397
[15:26] JIRA helper:
[#SNOW-446] Avatar "Sit Here" available while falling/jumping
[15:26] JIRA helper:
[#SNOW-610] Option to sit down, right where one is standing at the moment. (V2 dupe of SNOW-397)
[15:26] JIRA helper:
[#SNOW-397] Suggested behaviour change for "Sit here" when targeting the ground
[15:27] Boroondas Gupte: if someone can tell me how to detect falling viewer side, I can fix it
[15:27] Dzonatas Sol: turn of/off linear prediction
[15:28] Dzonatas Sol: on/off
[15:28] Boroondas Gupte: ?
[15:29] Boroondas Gupte: I don't think velocity interpolation matters here
[15:29] Dzonatas Sol: not interpolation.. the linear prediction... there was an option in advanced menu to try... um...
[15:31] Boroondas Gupte: what does it do?
[15:31] Boroondas Gupte: (and where in advanced do I find it?)
[15:32] Dzonatas Sol: i forget where/what it was called... just when the sim didn't send interpolation updates then then viewer used linear prediction to complete the missed packets... its what happens when you see your avatar fly off into the yonder when it takes to long to croass a sim
[15:32] Dzonatas Sol: same with objects
[15:33] Dzonatas Sol: i just remember it from a bug few years ago where objects would fall through the ground
[15:33] Dzonatas Sol: but the sim had them registered above ground
[15:34] Boroondas Gupte: well, my agent is sittin on the ground (instead of on the prim)
[15:34] Boroondas Gupte: err, my avatar
[15:34] Boroondas Gupte: my agent is somewhat up in the air
[15:35] Boroondas Gupte: as you can see from the name tag
[15:36] Dzonatas Sol: try to turn off velocity interpolate and see if that affects it
[15:36] Boroondas Gupte: Develop > Network > Velocity Interpolate Objects ?
[15:37] Dzonatas Sol: yes, it was related to that
[15:37] Boroondas Gupte: let me try again
[15:37] Dzonatas Sol: been to long to remember exactly
[15:38] Boroondas Gupte: nope
[15:38] Boroondas Gupte: still the same effect
[15:38] Dzonatas Sol: not sure what ya doing to cause it
[15:39] Boroondas Gupte: it's not viewer side. My agent and avatar are seperated server side. Only the cause is viewer side (because I issue a ground sit when the server doesn't expect one.)
[15:40] Dzonatas Sol: well i ended up here on the side
[15:45] Boroondas Gupte: anyway ... have to get up in 7 hours, so I better go get some sleep
[15:45] Boroondas Gupte: tc, all
[15:45] Boroondas Gupte: /me waves

Generated with SLog Wikifier