Release Notes/Second Life Beta Viewer/3.3.3
Release Notes for v3.3.3 (259953) - Second Life Beta Viewer
Released June 19, 2012
- on windows, the second life installer fails while writing to files
- Inventory sorting Recent broken in 3.2.8
- New tag shown and not removed on click when rezzing an item from Received Items panel and taking back into inventory.
- [PUBLIC] Fix calls to LLDir::deleteFilesInDir() in llappviewer.cpp.
- [PUBLIC] Fix call to LLDir::deleteFilesInDir() in mac_updater.cpp.
- [PUBLIC] Unable to login with minimized viewer
- [PUBLIC] Fix incorrect masks passed to LLDirIterator in Linux background updater.
- [PUBLIC] Lindens override busy mode if they talk in group chat
- [PUBLIC] Inworld Object inspector not properly caching data
- [PUBLIC] Viewer crashes while operation with Upload animation dialog for certain animation file
- [PUBLIC] Take object (which belongs to another avatar) does not work
- [PUBLIC] Ctrl W does not properly close IM tabs using tabbed IM in 2.x/3.x
- [PUBLIC] IM-window loses focus when tab is closed
- [PUBLIC] URL-name of object is shown as hyperlink in Report Abuse window
- crash at LLCurl::Multi::markDead()
- Use texture compression to save VRAM and make up for places where the viewer blows its budget
- Sculpty objects with a large surface area can crash video drivers.
- [PUBLIC] Crash enabling Debug GL (mobile intel 4 series)
- [PUBLIC] Inventory filter does not yield any result when switching from 'Since Logoff' to 'Hours Ago' or 'Days Ago'
- [PUBLIC] Button "Buy" isn't work in Object profile
- [PUBLIC] Viewer crashed at 16X AA setting after restarting on Asus X52F laptop and prevented user from starting again
- [PUBLIC] Screen does black/white split after user enables Lighting and Shadows
- Graphical corruption occurs if detail set to high or ultra on ATI x800
- [PUBLIC] Button Clear history from Preferences isn't clear last teleport
- [PUBLIC] Graphics problem with Ultra setting and advanced features on Ubuntu Linux with GeForce 6600 graphics
- [PUBLIC] Setting 16x antialiasing crashes Viewer in Ubuntu 11.10 with GeForce 6600
- LLRenderTarget is crashy
- [crashhunters] crash at LLViewerRegion::getPosGlobalFromRegion
- [PUBLIC] "Items successfully shared" appears even when share fails
- [PUBLIC] New item in Recent with collapsed folders tab causes first folder (in Recent) to expand, even if object goes to different folder
- [PUBLIC] Cannot delete object description.
- Audit sendListToRegions() function calls and fix leaks
- [PUBLIC] Sounds aren't played at first attempt
- Make debit-permissions dialog give a stronger warning
- Rebaking avatar textures with basic shaders enabled makes the torso pink and breaks alpha layers.
- [crashhunters] crash at LLPluginProcessParent::idle()
- Level of Detail parameter values do not update in display when toggling between different LODs with different selected parameter values
- "ocean" water is always 20m high instead of the Region Water Height
- my mesh outfit did not appear when I wore it.
- As a developer, I would like to be sure the viewer log is tracking information related to avatar rezzing
- crash at LLCurl::Easy::~Easy()
- initial logging of avatar rezzing metrics to server
- As a code maintainer, I would like to get rid of obsolete texture diagnostics
- texture stopped loading
- Back-end support for avatar metrics
- Diagnose inventory cache issues
- Add caching for hash to texture id mapping
- Allow avatar logging to be non-verbose (pre-merge-down)
- Test different strategies for downloading progressive image data to make sure we actually have the requested LOD
- Preparse the j2c codestream and extract the resolution boundaries
- Implement and test the new byte range computation
- Add metrics - stats for time-to-decloud for surrounding non-self avs
- Investigate fixes for out-of-order operations on startup
- Increase HTTP concurrency to improve texture fetching performance
- do not pause texture fetching when FPS is low.
- clear ghost and stale texture fetching requests in time
- Fix the KDU compression code: fix reversible image coding, fix small image coding
- Lower required byte range on already cached data for a given discard level
- Allow faster discard level marching when the camera is not moving
- As a viewer architect, I would like to understand how fast each of the components of the texture pipeline can run in isolation
- Add ability to flush all texture data from memory on demand
- Calculate all required texture data in frustum, report total memory required as function of desired texel density, and generate list of texture UUIDs/discard levels to process
- Perform HTTP requests for all desired texture data in bulk, and store to cache
- Add ability to load all texture data from cache at full throttle, without decoding, or applying as GL textures
- Add ability to decode texture data from one memory buffer to another, without triggering rest of image pipeline
- Add ability to bind and display texture data that has been previously decoded, in batch mode
- Crash on exit, curl handles not empty
- implement a debug console for SH-3086
- collect time of reloading all textures from cache and through HTTP when all objects loading are done.
- Crash on quit on Mac
- Reduce log spam
- Many "HTTP GET failed errors" with Drano merge candidate 255539
- Ternary/graded shadow support
- Cannot delete object description.
- SLVoice does not exit after viewer exits
- non-English (Portuguese): menu entries errors
- Wrong french translation in À propos du terrain -> Son
- Notifications.xml string: Ctrl-Shift-<something> does not reflect actual keyboard in French (and other languages)
In addition, there are a number of security issues that are resolved with this release.